The Official Football Topic

Cuth

3 hours ago, Scott. said:

Great win @...Dan...

Bale was quality when he came on, wtf is Jose doing not playing him??

Rode our luck in the second half but got the win and defended well overall. Rice was absolutely class today and Lingard has really added something to the team.

Bale was good today but I can see why he hasn't been playing, most times I've seen him this season he's been pretty poor. Wonder what will happen next season, Spurs ain't gonna sign him and Madrid are almost certainly not gonna want him back.

Top 4 after 25 games, unbelievable.

We've got City next, just hope we don't get absolutely tonked and derail our season. I'd take 6th or 7th (whatever the lowest Europa League spot is) if offered it now tbh.

Absolutely smashing it this season, his time will come to play for one of the big boys so just gonna enjoy him while we have him. 

This man is an absolute warrior as well.

20 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Anyone else think the standard of CL teams has massively dropped? I look at the CL now and it’s mostly shite.

I just think we're going through a period of mediocrity. 

Might have something to do with the pandemic but all the superpowers of football seem to have ageing teams/not be very good anymore. I mean we're fucking 4th in the best league in the world, says it all really!

It's Man City's to lose this year. 

11 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Still don’t think city are as good as Bayern tbh

Bayern don't look as good as they did last season.

I think City are a better team but Bayern are a team full of experience that have recently won the CL so that also plays a factor.

I'd say that it should probably be the final.

I have a feeling Chelsea are going to go far in the CL though...

22 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

I just think we're going through a period of mediocrity. 

Might have something to do with the pandemic but all the superpowers of football seem to have ageing teams/not be very good anymore. I mean we're fucking 4th in the best league in the world, says it all really!

It's Man City's to lose this year. 

I agree with all of this, but think Bayern player for player are probably the best in teh world imo

On 2/22/2021 at 11:48 AM, ...Dan... said:

Top 4 after 25 games, unbelievable.

We've got City next, just hope we don't get absolutely tonked and derail our season. I'd take 6th or 7th (whatever the lowest Europa League spot is) if offered it now tbh.

Absolutely smashing it this season, his time will come to play for one of the big boys so just gonna enjoy him while we have him. 

This man is an absolute warrior as well.

Theres the new European conference league for 6th and 7th now which is a bit of a downer.. Basically the johnstones paint trophy of European football lol

On 2/27/2021 at 7:20 PM, Roux said:

City are just not going to lose are they? Phenomenal from them.  

They literally have 2 starting 11s that could win the league 😆

Kdb and aquero are just coming back from fitness too...

How they got away with ffp is beyond me.

Didnt pep even joke or was half serious that they spent the most money thats why they are top? 

This is why Liverpool could never of defended their title, they havnt got the bench to support them after injuries,..