The Official Football Topic

Cuth

4 hours ago, prankerd14 said:

They literally have 2 starting 11s that could win the league 😆

Kdb and aquero are just coming back from fitness too...

How they got away with ffp is beyond me.

Didnt pep even joke or was half serious that they spent the most money thats why they are top? 

This is why Liverpool could never of defended their title, they haven't got the bench to support them after injuries,..

pretty much - Pep has been able to buy an expensive defender every year until he's happy. they must have 6 or 7 £50m+ center-backs on their books alone right now. i mean what happens to Laporte? Ake? 100m for 2 players Pep didn't think were good enough. They've done what most oil money team did and exploited the FFP rules.

4 hours ago, prankerd14 said:

They literally have 2 starting 11s that could win the league 😆

Kdb and aquero are just coming back from fitness too...

How they got away with ffp is beyond me.

Didnt pep even joke or was half serious that they spent the most money thats why they are top? 

This is why Liverpool could never of defended their title, they havnt got the bench to support them after injuries,..

They get away with it because they sponsor themselves. They’re corrupt. An absolute nothing club nobody gives a fuck about 

The future of football is dead, it’s basically going to be the corrupt clubs like City, PSG and Chelsea spending hundreds of millions every window while proper football clubs that are run correctly and within the rules are hit hard by covid. Those 3 clubs (especially the first 2) are money laundering operations that do not need to balance the books. Yay

You can argue all you want about City and where their money has come from but the big difference is that tend to get their big signings right whereas Man United have blown a lot of money on players that aren't up to the job/arent elite players. 

Fernandes is the only truly top top player you've signed in the past 5 years.

Now look at the players City have signed and have bought through and improved during that time - that's the difference. £60m for Dias or £85m for Maguire? (Could have signed Dias and Laporte for about what the same him and Lindelof cost) £27m for Cancelo or £50m for Wan-Bissaka? £55m for KDB or £90m for Pogba? for what Man United spent on Fred, City spent less on both Mahrez and Silva...the list goes on and on

City have invested in their structure at the top and bring in the right players whereas Man United still don't even have a DoF and also don't appear to have any real strategy when it comes to transfers.

Man United have had the money to compete, they've just invested it badly - that's the main reason you're so far behind.

Totally agree but even that they’ve taken from Barca. Nothing about that club is Authentic. Plastic as fuck. 

United on the other hand are a shower of bollockless cunts. Our form since the Liverpool away game has been an utter disgrace and that’s on Ole. He’s on fucking thin ice

1 hour ago, Scott. said:

Totally agree but even that they’ve taken from Barca. Nothing about that club is Authentic. Plastic as fuck. 

United on the other hand are a shower of bollockless cunts. Our form since the Liverpool away game has been an utter disgrace and that’s on Ole. He’s on fucking thin ice

Yeah I agree, City don't have any history and are plastic but money talks in this day and age and the best players are likely to choose them over Man United (especially young ones who will associate City with being more successful than United) - and the thing is, if it's that easy to copy, why haven't United done it?

Man United have had years to get a decent footballing structure in place but I think Woodward is just to power hungry and the Glazers let him because he's made them so much coin on commercial deals. They need to move him back to the commercial side of the business and then get someone in who knows football to oversee that side of things.

I get the feeling the Glazers know that would essentially be a step down for him and are worried he'd walk away altogether. 

Maguire is absolutely awful - like Fellaini, he is everything we don't want in a footballer. 

Fernandes has also been terrible - people really underestimate what Pogba brings to this team. Been saying for years United have had a fortune to spend and wasted most of it. So far, a decent season - but they need to bring in a RW and FW to compete and complete the team. I would get rid of Maquire asap - but Ole/United never will. 

I agree to a certain extent about united but you cant compare signings, when united go for a player the price gets bumped up stupidly! Because teams know they are desperate.

As soon as united reach similar levels of man city which will happen eventually then the transfers will get better, need to get rid of ole tho like wtf, if united want to win the league again they need a better manager.

2 hours ago, Roux said:

Maguire is absolutely awful - like Fellaini, he is everything we don't want in a footballer. 

Fernandes has also been terrible - people really underestimate what Pogba brings to this team. Been saying for years United have had a fortune to spend and wasted most of it. So far, a decent season - but they need to bring in a RW and FW to compete and complete the team. I would get rid of Maquire asap - but Ole/United never will. 

Fernandes has been terrible in the last few games you mean? Please say you mean in the last few games

United’s recruitment had been a fucking disgrace for years. Only Bruno had been worth the cash in the last 5/6 years. 

That’s one thing I’ll give city credit for, the club is run by footballing people (stolen from barca) there is not a single footballing man at United making decisions. That’s the difference right there. 

11 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Fernandes has been terrible in the last few games you mean? Please say you mean in the last few games

yeah sorry i meant last few games - i cant fault him because hes been amazing but he gives the ball away soo much. No coincidence we've dropped form since losing Pogba. 

9 minutes ago, Roux said:

yeah sorry i meant last few games - i cant fault him because hes been amazing but he gives the ball away soo much. No coincidence we've dropped form since losing Pogba. 

He does but I don’t mind it because hes the only one that plays with any bollocks, constantly looking for that killer pass. I don’t mind that he gives the ball away. I think that Everton game has killed our spirit tbh. It was an absolute fucking killer

32 minutes ago, Scott. said:

He does but I don’t mind it because hes the only one that plays with any bollocks, constantly looking for that killer pass. I don’t mind that he gives the ball away. I think that Everton game has killed our spirit tbh. It was an absolute fucking killer

i still think he tries for that difficult pass too many times and we get caught out. Sometimes simple will just do.

I've actually enjoyed this season - some good football and we're the second best team in the league up until this point (somehow). They need to bring someone like Haarland in and a RW. 

Hate to say - but De Gea has let us down this season - he's really struggled. And it takes soo long to get that confidence back in him and your back four. 

Liverpool. Fuck me. Abysmal, derelict , finished - I don’t even know. I don’t even know where to start with what’s actually gone wrong. It’s hard to diagnose.

Five losses at home...FIVE. That’s unheard of. Taking Salah off is unforgivable, makes no sense. 

any theories on why my club is ham on toast? 

3 hours ago, _Bagel said:

Liverpool. Fuck me. Abysmal, derelict , finished - I don’t even know. I don’t even know where to start with what’s actually gone wrong. It’s hard to diagnose.

Five losses at home...FIVE. That’s unheard of. Taking Salah off is unforgivable, makes no sense. 

Easy, the big man van d! 

He controlled your defence and the midfield in front of him, without him your clueless.. doesnt help that klopp lost his mum should of had a break.

Also you cant play the way Liverpool have done for the past 3 years and not get burned out..

I feel like klopp doesnt care anymore, like wtf was he doing taking salah off tonight lol

• Like 1

6 hours ago, prankerd14 said:

Easy, the big man van d! 

He controlled your defence and the midfield in front of him, without him your clueless.. doesnt help that klopp lost his mum should of had a break.

Also you cant play the way Liverpool have done for the past 3 years and not get burned out..

I feel like klopp doesnt care anymore, like wtf was he doing taking salah off tonight lol

Losing a worldie like that, I guess you’ve got to pay the price. It’s weird, because like the first 6 games after he was injured, we were still performing - but then everything fell away.

We always look so much more flat without Henderson in midfield as well, so when he was playing at the back - that was also killing us. He done well in defence, but we couldn’t control games anymore in the middle of the park.

Elements of the front three has to change. Bobby is no goal scorer. I think that fits into the burnout that you were saying.

I was gobsmacked, really seems like he’s lost his head with that decision 

10 hours ago, _Bagel said:

They are just burnt out imo - the level off pressing is going to take its toll sooner or later. Klopp did the exact same thing at Dortmund. 

+ other teams have gotten much much better 

4 hours ago, Roux said:

They are just burnt out imo - the level off pressing is going to take its toll sooner or later. Klopp did the exact same thing at Dortmund. 

+ other teams have gotten much much better 

I really don't think other teams have got any better, I think the top teams are just not very good which explains the levelling out of the league. In fact I think it's the same for a lot of the Europe, most of the established top clubs are nowhere near what they have been in recent years. 

Liverpool looked burned out as fuck though, I think Klopp might leave in the summer. Is Gerrard ready to take the reigns? Rangers was always a stepping stone...

I think we're starting to see fatigue of a mad couple years of football sitting in. Quality in a lot of the recent games I've watched has been pretty bad. 

3 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

I really don't think other teams have got any better, I think the top teams are just not very good which explains the levelling out of the league. In fact I think it's the same for a lot of the Europe, most of the established top clubs are nowhere near what they have been in recent years. 

Liverpool looked burned out as fuck though, I think Klopp might leave in the summer. Is Gerrard ready to take the reigns? Rangers was always a stepping stone...

I think we're starting to see fatigue of a mad couple years of football sitting in. Quality in a lot of the recent games I've watched has been pretty bad. 

You dont think West Ham, Everton, Leicester, Villa etc have got better? I think they have improved hugely - particular Villa and Everton. The key difference is that the teams outside the top 6 have a shit ton of money to spend. Wolves can go out and get an 18yo for 40m, Everton can draw James Rodrigues, Leeds bring in Rodrigo ffs. 

The TV deal has really helped spread the wealth - i think this has been the single biggest factor in why the league is the way it is now.  

On 3/5/2021 at 5:07 PM, Roux said:

You dont think West Ham, Everton, Leicester, Villa etc have got better? I think they have improved hugely - particular Villa and Everton. The key difference is that the teams outside the top 6 have a shit ton of money to spend. Wolves can go out and get an 18yo for 40m, Everton can draw James Rodrigues, Leeds bring in Rodrigo ffs. 

The TV deal has really helped spread the wealth - i think this has been the single biggest factor in why the league is the way it is now.  

I think those teams have improved but the traditional top teams have got worse. It's somewhere in the middle for me.