The Official Football Topic

Cuth

On 2/9/2021 at 11:33 AM, Scott. said:

Cantwell was quality the other night pal. Swansea in superb form and looking strong now. Thought cantwell was best player on the pitch though 

Cannot believe the fucking state of Swansea since this game. They’ve been a fucking disaster since beating Norwich. Promotion looked nailed on, I don’t even think they’ll make the play offs now. Bonkers 

2 hours ago, Scott. said:

Cannot believe the fucking state of Swansea since this game. They’ve been a fucking disaster since beating Norwich. Promotion looked nailed on, I don’t even think they’ll make the play offs now. Bonkers 

Happens all the time in the Championship - very few teams are consistent leading, but 4 losses in a row is brutal.

Will Brentford finally make it to the big time? they've tried soo many times. 

On 3/31/2021 at 5:48 PM, Scott. said:

Sterling has been poor this season and rarely had a good game for England. Doesn’t start for me.

Sterling was one of our best players in the qualifers, hes better than sancho or rashford imo...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Roux said:

Happens all the time in the Championship - very few teams are consistent leading, but 4 losses in a row is brutal.

Will Brentford finally make it to the big time? they've tried soo many times. 

Looks like watford and norwich have automatic sown up, brentford were flying high before like swansea and watford looked dreadful!

They shouldn't of got rid of ollie Watkins but i understand why they did.

Swansea were over achieving tbh, i see Bournemouth winning the playoffs, i hope they dont tho id love brentford or Barnsley to go up!

15 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

I never want to be 3-0 up in the first half ever again.

I get the feeling we won't hold onto Lingard now, foolish to have not put an agreed fee in the loan deal but that sums Gold and Sullivan up to be honest. Probably would have got him for half what he'd cost now.

If he is smart enough he wont go back to united, he wont get into that team! But again west ham probably wont have as good a season as this one next year especially if your in europe.. Mourinho will probably bag him if hes still at spurs.

9 hours ago, prankerd14 said:

If he is smart enough he wont go back to united, he wont get into that team! But again west ham probably wont have as good a season as this one next year especially if your in europe.. Mourinho will probably bag him if hes still at spurs.

He's done a great job advertising himself - wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at a big European club - somewhere like Inter. Unless United do a swap deal for Kane - i can't see him going to Spurs - but he'd be ideal for them too. 

I can't believe we are 4th after 30 games, absolutely mad. Whatever happens now, we've had a great season. 

People have been saying we are going to fall away for months now but here we are with 8 games left, no cup distractions - so why the hell not? we've got Leicester next at home and if we win that then we're only one point behind them. 

I do think the thinness of our squad is what might cost us though, we're missing our best defender (Ogbonna) our best player (Rice) and our only real striker (Antonio)

6 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

I can't believe we are 4th after 30 games, absolutely mad. Whatever happens now, we've had a great season. 

People have been saying we are going to fall away for months now but here we are with 8 games left, no cup distractions - so why the hell not? we've got Leicester next at home and if we win that then we're only one point behind them. 

I do think the thinness of our squad is what might cost us though, we're missing our best defender (Ogbonna) our best player (Rice) and our only real striker (Antonio)

With champions league football would your owners strengthen enough to cope with the extra football? Or just pocket the cash and say to moyes well you did it last year ;)

Even europa league would be a pain in the ass

1 minute ago, prankerd14 said:

With champions league football would your owners strengthen enough to cope with the extra football? Or just pocket the cash and say to moyes well you did it last year ;)

Even europa league would be a pain in the ass

To be honest, me and my mates were joking yesterday that if we got in the CL we would probably get relegated - it was part joking but I also definitely wouldn't rule it out. 

We're not ready for the demands of CL/EL football but lets face it, it's probably now or never so may as well have a crack at it. A lot of the bigger teams have had poorer seasons and I can't see that happening again next year so may as well give it all we've got and see what happens. 

We will never be able to maintain/build with those two running the club unfortunately. Even when they did decide to spend a bit of money, they fucked it by getting a past it manager in with players who didn't want to run (Anderson and Haller). I do think if they sell up to someone with a bit of cash, we could really go places but can't see that happening for a while especially if they get to line their coffers with some nice Champions League money. 

I don't think we will finish top 4 anyway, might not even finish in the EL places either - I've supported West Ham to long to be expectant haha. 

Anyone but Chelsea - would love to see them lose UCL football after the money they spent and bringing in a new manager. 

Liverpool will take 4th i think - their fixtures favor them - but would love it if they don't. 

55 minutes ago, Roux said:

Anyone but Chelsea - would love to see them lose UCL football after the money they spent and bringing in a new manager. 

Liverpool will take 4th i think - their fixtures favor them - but would love it if they don't. 

Yeah I think Liverpool will get top 4 as well to be honest, can see them going on a bit of a run now. 

I think it'll be Man City, Man United, Liverpool and Chelsea unfortunately.

Just have a feeling us and Leicester will bottle it when the business end of the season hits and Spurs are just to inconsistent. 

28 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Yeah I think Liverpool will get top 4 as well to be honest, can see them going on a bit of a run now. 

I think it'll be Man City, Man United, Liverpool and Chelsea unfortunately.

Just have a feeling us and Leicester will bottle it when the business end of the season hits and Spurs are just to inconsistent. 

Of all those teams - Chelsea look like they can't be arsed - players infighting and the manager is just dull. +Remaining fixtures are very tough. 

I'm amazed Arteta has kept his job - this guy constantly gets praised while they limp through the season - i've never seen a manager stay under the radar with this many bad results from a traditional top 6 team. People keep saying about 'progress' - i just don't see it. 

Bellingham is fucking unreal. United should of done everything to get him in last season ffs, he’s a united fan too. Now he’ll cost 80m. Why do big clubs do this? Everyone can see how good he is for 16/17 and instead of buying him for 30m or whatever it was they let Dortmund take him and then wait for his price to shoot up. Makes no fucking sense. Haaland another example, why on earth did any big club let him go to fucking Dortmund?? Now he’s easily a 100m player. I don’t get it

City were lucky last night, how on earth was Bellingham’s goal ruled out ffs. They won’t win CL if they play like that.

Liverpool are a fucking shambles. Gotta say I was really impressed with Madrid, I’ve watched none of la Liga this season but been keeping eye on results and they’re much better than I thought and without Ramos and Varane. Their midfield trio is exceptional fuck me, Casemiro is a fucking bull, I would kill to have a player like that at United, He was bouncing Liverpool players off the ball all game. Thiago has been a fucking disaster of a signing for Liverpool btw, he was shocking when he came on last night, he has no legs, he’s fucking slower than matic 😂

52 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Bellingham is fucking unreal. United should of done everything to get him in last season ffs, he’s a united fan too. Now he’ll cost 80m. Why do big clubs do this? Everyone can see how good he is for 16/17 and instead of buying him for 30m or whatever it was they let Dortmund take him and then wait for his price to shoot up. Makes no fucking sense. Haaland another example, why on earth did any big club let him go to fucking Dortmund?? Now he’s easily a 100m player. I don’t get it

City were lucky last night, how on earth was Bellingham’s goal ruled out ffs. They won’t win CL if they play like that.

Liverpool are a fucking shambles. Gotta say I was really impressed with Madrid, I’ve watched none of la Liga this season but been keeping eye on results and they’re much better than I thought and without Ramos and Varane. Their midfield trio is exceptional fuck me, Casemiro is a fucking bull, I would kill to have a player like that at United, He was bouncing Liverpool players off the ball all game. Thiago has been a fucking disaster of a signing for Liverpool btw, he was shocking when he came on last night, he has no legs, he’s fucking slower than matic 😂

i mean they tried, but he wanted to play every week - realistically he wouldn't have at United - midfield is stacked. Nobody would touch Haaland because of his buy out clause - his agent and dad are making a tidy profit from him...

Raiola wanted to put a release clause worth more than €50m (£42.7m) into Haaland’s Old Trafford contract.

What’s more, Dortmund have agreed to allow the player’s father – Alf-Inge Haaland – to earn a cut from his son’s next transfer, which United refused to accept.

And this is why clubs will be put off buying him this summer... although nothing surprises me in football anymore.  

Madrid were excellent - haven't really watched them that much, but they were impressive last night. Allison hasn't had the best of seasons. 

3 hours ago, Roux said:

i mean they tried, but he wanted to play every week - realistically he wouldn't have at United - midfield is stacked.

You have Fred who plays basically every week and is unreliable, Matic is well past his sell by date, McTominay is squad player level, Pogba is injury prone/likely to leave and Van De Beek might as well not exist. 

He'd have been a great signing and given the chance I'm sure he would have done very well at Man United.

I wish the big clubs in England had the balls to stick 17 year olds in the team a bit more, instead you will find one of them paying £100m for Bellingham in a few seasons time. 

1 hour ago, ...Dan... said:

You have Fred who plays basically every week and is unreliable, Matic is well past his sell by date, McTominay is squad player level, Pogba is injury prone/likely to leave and Van De Beek might as well not exist. 

He'd have been a great signing and given the chance I'm sure he would have done very well at Man United.

I wish the big clubs in England had the balls to stick 17 year olds in the team a bit more, instead you will find one of them paying £100m for Bellingham in a few seasons time. 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.,

He wouldn't start over any of those players week in week out. Could you honestly say last summer you would have started Bellingham over all those players? i doubt it. Who knew what he could become - we did the same thing with Dan James, took a kid from the championship with bags of potential and he turned out not to be at this level so far. We have Hanibal who plays in Bellingham position and he's very very good too and if we sold him because of bringing in Bellingham you might have said it would have been a mistake like selling Pogba when he was a kid- very easy to say in hindsight. 

We are one of the few big clubs that have balls to play kids in the first team - i mean we practically started that trend. 

United won't go near Haaland - i don't think many clubs will. But you never know.