The Official Football Topic

Cuth

I tell you what sky sports can fuck off talking about greed 😂 the premier legaue  an fuck off too. This is because they let any cunt buy our football clubs and now look what’s happened, this is their fault, what do you expect when you let billionaires in? Sky have been wanking over City’s corrupt owners for years too, not wanking anymore 😂 if this happens then sky are absolutely fucked 

5 minutes ago, Scott. said:

I tell you what sky sports can fuck off talking about greed 😂 the premier legaue  an fuck off too. This is because they let any cunt buy our football clubs and now look what’s happened, this is their fault, what do you expect when you let billionaires in? Sky have been wanking over City’s corrupt owners for years too, not wanking anymore 😂 if this happens then sky are absolutely fucked 

Scott don't pick on Sky or the Premier League, they aren't greedy at all - they only wanted to charge the public £15 per match during a global pandemic... 

They can both get fucked. 

Exactly. They’re only kicking off because they know they’re all out of jobs if this does happen 😂 

Gary Neville was bang on though but he is also a massive hypocrite. Salford have had fucking millions ploughed into them. They’re the city of the lower leagues ffs 

Post from united forum sums it up tbh

[quote]I'm guessing Salford City haven't been invited to the party?

It's far too late for all this moral outrage now. The formation of the Premier League started all this. Clubs pulling up the financial drawbridge on the lower leagues, and players threatening strikes if they didn't get their share.

The more the trough filled with cash, the deeper the snouts delved. From that point on, nothing was sacred, kick-off times, stadium names, names plastered across famous shirts......anything, everything...there to be whored out or sold to the highest bidder.

This in turn attracted Russian crooks, American leeches, and oil state rulers with appalling human rights history, laundering, leeching, whitewashing your image.....All there for you if you're bent, smart, or prepared to pay enough.

The game is corrupt and rife with avarice, and I find the Premier League and Sky, who hand in hand have led us to where we are now moaning about it absolutely astonishing. It is they who have caused this, United and City were owned by a meat wholesaler and a television rental bloke. Both were Manchester based businessman for all their faults, now look.

Football snuffed it years ago, and if all the games were played abroad I wouldn't care... I'll never go to a game again anyway, don't swear, sit down, no smoking, no drinking, God forbid you shout something that might upset some precious soul!.......fuck that for a game of soldiers, stick it up your chuff!

I don't care what they do from here on, I really don't. I just hope it all goes bump in spectacular fashion![/quote]

Are we honestly trying to justify/defend this? 

I get things have changed a lot over the last 25/30 years when it comes to money in football but this is completely different - it's the first time there has ever been a closed shop to the already biggest and richest. 

Football in its current form is far from perfect but this is a completely different level of bullshit. 

Absolutely stinks. 

I don't know enough about it to justify it or denounce - but it seems like alot of hypocrites who are are against it because they lose out financially. UEFA and FIFA are as corrupt as you can get - they shot themselves in the foot when they allowed wealthy people to buy football clubs left and right without any sort of real validating.  

For me, the current format works okay - but, i don't own a club, so financially a big club could be getting fleeced being in the UCL when they could make huge sums elsewhere. 

Laughable that the PL & Sky are crying about greed - these fuckers have been ripping off supporters for years. They'll be first on the list along with BT to try and pick up the TV rights to this Super League. 

The Premier League was formed with the intention of English football's top clubs capitalising on television rights. Whereas in the Football League money is distributed to the lower leagues, the Premier League intended to sell its own rights, with earnings from broadcasts divided equally between the member clubs only.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Roux said:

I don't know enough about it to justify it or denounce

Here is all you need.

It is a closed shop, anti competition league that protects the already richest clubs right to make money irrelative of their performance.

They then intend to use these vast amounts of additional money gained from this closed shop and compete in their domestic league.

Noone is denying Sky/BT are greedy, this is so much bigger than that - it's a complete attack on the competition of football in this country. Never before has there been an elite competition that a team has had a God given right to qualify for despite their performance. 

18 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Here is all you need.

It is a closed shop, anti competition league that protects the already richest clubs right to make money irrelative of their performance.

They then intend to use these vast amounts of additional money gained from this closed shop and compete in their domestic league.

Noone is denying Sky/BT are greedy, this is so much bigger than that - it's a complete attack on the competition of football in this country. Never before has there been an elite competition that a team has had a God given right to qualify for despite their performance. 

This is what i mean - what you posted isn't factually incorrect...

The league will have 20 teams - 15 founding members plus five sides who qualify annually according to their domestic achievements. The rotating guest teams could change from year to year.

While restrictive, that's clearly NOT a closed shop. 

On making clubs richer:

The ESL says it will generate more money than the Champions League and would lead to a greater distribution of money throughout the game.

Obviously it could widen the gap between rich vs poor teams or distribute the wealth through the leagues. There are arguments to be made from BOTH sides, would be foolish not to hear both out and get the real facts. 

1 minute ago, Roux said:

This is what i mean - what you posted isn't factually correct...

While restrictive, that's clearly NOT a closed shop. 

On making clubs richer:

There are arguments to be made from BOTH sides, would be foolish not to hear both out and get the real facts. 

15 teams who cannot be relegated no matter how bad they are, that is anti competition all over. 

Greater distribution of wealth = gives the bigger clubs even more money to cherry pick the best players from other teams. 

Can't believe actual football fans are willing to consider this. 

Bonkers. 

13 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

15 teams who cannot be relegated no matter how bad they are, that is anti competition all over. 

Greater distribution of wealth = gives the bigger clubs even more money to cherry pick the best players from other teams. 

Can't believe actual football fans are willing to consider this. 

Bonkers. 

But you said it was a closed shop... this is false information. 

I'm not saying i'm for it - i've already said i'm fine with the current setup, i'm just saying we need to hear out both sides of the argument. 

Cherry pick best players... you mean how it works currently and has done for years? 

This could all be a marketing ploy to get more out of UEFA as Sky have just said.

27 minutes ago, Roux said:

But you said it was a closed shop... this is false information. 

I'm not saying i'm for it - i've already said i'm fine with the current setup, i'm just saying we need to hear out both sides of the argument. 

Cherry pick best players... you mean how it works currently and has done for years? 

This could all be a marketing ploy to get more out of UEFA as Sky have just said.

Semantics, 15 teams who cannot be relegated. 5 teams who would need to qualify every year, one of them could win it and not be guaranteed a place whereas someone like Arsenal finishes bottom and keeps their place. You think that's what football should be about?

Yeah...my point exactly, they cherry pick the best players ALREADY, now they're all going to get even more money to do it...making the gap even bigger between these teams.

Yes, it could be a ploy but it seems like it's getting pretty official to me.

Rumours that Jose has been sacked because he took a stand against the Super League as well, wonder if they will prove to be true?

44 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Semantics, 15 teams who cannot be relegated. 5 teams who would need to qualify every year, one of them could win it and not be guaranteed a place whereas someone like Arsenal finishes bottom and keeps their place. You think that's what football should be about?

Yeah...my point exactly, they cherry pick the best players ALREADY, now they're all going to get even more money to do it...making the gap even bigger between these teams.

Yes, it could be a ploy but it seems like it's getting pretty official to me.

Rumours that Jose has been sacked because he took a stand against the Super League as well, wonder if they will prove to be true?

Ummm... thats not semantics - its completely incorrect altogether. A closed shop means nobody can enter, they are saying rotating teams and invites to other teams based on performance. Seem like a restrictive, but still open shop to me. Again, i'm not stating my opinion or if 'that's what football should be about' - i'm just saying there is fact from fiction here. 

So essentially it will be business as usual then regarding money, because big teams have been doing this for 20+ years. The current system doesn't work either.

To me it looks like a way for these influential clubs to leverage power over UEFA. Clearly they are not happy with how things currently work. Bosses are already stepping down.

28 minutes ago, Roux said:

Ummm... thats not semantics - its completely incorrect altogether. A closed shop means nobody can enter, they are saying rotating teams and invites to other teams based on performance. Seem like a restrictive, but still open shop to me. Again, i'm not stating my opinion or if 'that's what football should be about' - i'm just saying there is fact from fiction here. 

So essentially it will be business as usual then regarding money, because big teams have been doing this for 20+ years. The current system doesn't work either.

To me it looks like a way for these influential clubs to leverage power over UEFA. Clearly they are not happy with how things currently work. Bosses are already stepping down.

Okay then, you win. It's a very restrictive open shop that heavily favours the clubs who are already the richest with no consequence on performance. Sound good to you?

Football is about dreaming, you probably wouldn't understand as a Manchester United fan as you've had success served up on a plate for your whole life but shit like this just makes those great football stories like Leicester winning the league even less likely to happen. 

How is it business as usual? teams currently get additional revenue on performance, e.g. prize money for qualifying for the CL and then more depending on how well you do. This is a big fat wad of cash every year that these founding teams get automatically, no matter how bad they have played. 

JP Morgan have announced they're financing this new league, seems pretty real to me. 

Meh, done with it. Fuck these horrible clubs and their horrible rich cunt owners.