The Official Football Topic

Cuth

36 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Okay then, you win. It's a very restrictive open shop that heavily favours the clubs who are already the richest with no consequence on performance. Sound good to you?

Football is about dreaming, you probably wouldn't understand as a Manchester United fan as you've had success served up on a plate for your whole life but shit like this just makes those great football stories like Leicester winning the league even less likely to happen. 

How is it business as usual? teams currently get additional revenue on performance, e.g. prize money for qualifying for the CL and then more depending on how well you do. This is a big fat wad of cash every year that these founding teams get automatically, no matter how bad they have played. 

JP Morgan have announced they're financing this new league, seems pretty real to me. 

Meh, done with it. Fuck these horrible clubs and their horrible rich cunt owners. 

Not the sharpest knife in the draw are you? Like i have to keep restating for some odd reason... i want to know the facts first - what you just posted was completely incorrect and i just corrected it for gods sake. Now you're going on some mad tangent about 'dreaming' 'wouldn't know because being a United fan' blah blah blah. How bizzare... 

Yes business as usual - you think the money PSG & City bring into the club etc grew on trees? You think City can bring in £300m worth of money through oil sponsorship to bypass a FFP loophole is fair? Owners can come in, make their money then split and leave a club in ruins like Portsmouth - thats fair? Barca/Real can bring in millions from the Spanish government etc... the Yes Dan, the current system built by UEFA is working amazingly well!!!

Fucking funny/ironic you use Leicester as your example of a club 'dreaming'. Owned by a man on the Forbes rich list who bankrolled Leicester from the Championship with £100m+ ... dear god... you've contradicted everything you said if that's your idea of a great football story...

7 minutes ago, Rocky Braveheart said:

Any information as to how it works if one of the 5 teams they 'allow' in wins the ESL but bottles it domestically? Is it a case of well, but off you fuck now you little pauper club?

I've seen all these site posting the proposed plan, but nothing that seems detailed. What if they can't get 5 teams? lots of unanswered questions

2 minutes ago, Roux said:

I've seen all these site posting the proposed plan, but nothing that seems detailed. What if they can't get 5 teams? lots of unanswered questions

Fair enough. Whole thing absolutely stinks. Even it never comes to actual fruition, there's going to some massive backlash against the 'big 6' for many years to come.

3 minutes ago, Rocky Braveheart said:

Fair enough. Whole thing absolutely stinks. Even it never comes to actual fruition, there's going to some massive backlash against the 'big 6' for many years to come.

I would expect each club to be banned from Europe, maybe even domestic leagues - who knows?

I don't know why they didn't just make their own tournament like the AUDI cup instead of a competitor. 

1 hour ago, Roux said:

Not the sharpest knife in the draw are you? Like i have to keep restating for some odd reason... i want to know the facts first - what you just posted was completely incorrect and i just corrected it for gods sake. Now you're going on some mad tangent about 'dreaming' 'wouldn't know because being a United fan' blah blah blah. How bizzare... 

Yes business as usual - you think the money PSG & City bring into the club etc grew on trees? You think City can bring in £300m worth of money through oil sponsorship to bypass a FFP loophole is fair? Owners can come in, make their money then split and leave a club in ruins like Portsmouth - thats fair? Barca/Real can bring in millions from the Spanish government etc... the Yes Dan, the current system built by UEFA is working amazingly well!!!

Fucking funny/ironic you use Leicester as your example of a club 'dreaming'. Owned by a man on the Forbes rich list who bankrolled Leicester from the Championship with £100m+ ... dear god... you've contradicted everything you said if that's your idea of a great football story...

What facts do you want to know? what facts could make you think this is a good idea that has footballs best intentions at heart?

I have no issue with money in football or even clubs being take over and having money pumped into them, I have an issue with the idea of a competition that teams have guaranteed participation regardless of performance. 

Teams have ups and downs, look at Man United, Liverpool and Arsenal, all have had periods out of elite European competition over recent years due to performance despite them being huge/rich clubs and they had to deal with the financial consequences of that...this removes all that and dumps a shedload of money on their lap no matter what. That's what stinks. 

Football is by no means perfect when it comes to Finance and ethics, this isn't the answer though. 

I can't honestly believe a supposed fan is even entertaining the idea and wanting to hear out this shitshow. I'm fucking fuming, these charlatans coming with the sole purpose of making as much money as possible and not giving a toss about the real fans.

Even if it is just a powerplay, it's bullshit and they should all be embarrassed. We're seeing teams on the brink of collapse and you've got these sneaky bastards on Zoom calls talking about a breakaway league to help them getting even richer. 

1 minute ago, ...Dan... said:

What facts do you want to know? what facts could make you think this is a good idea that has footballs best intentions at heart?

I have no issue with money in football or even clubs being take over and having money pumped into them, I have an issue with the idea of a competition that teams have guaranteed participation regardless of performance. 

Teams have ups and downs, look at Man United, Liverpool and Arsenal, all have had periods out of elite European competition over recent years due to performance despite them being huge/rich clubs and they had to deal with the financial consequences of that...this removes all that and dumps a shedload of money on their lap no matter what. That's what stinks. 

Football is by no means perfect when it comes to Finance and ethics, this isn't the answer though. 

I can't honestly believe a supposed fan is even entertaining the idea and wanting to hear out this shitshow. I'm fucking fuming, these charlatans coming with the sole purpose of making as much money as possible and not giving a toss about the real fans.

Even if it is just a powerplay, it's bullshit and they should all be embarrassed. We're seeing teams on the brink of collapse and you've got these sneaky bastards on Zoom calls talking about a breakaway league to help them getting even richer. 

Quite alot actually - how money will be distributed and who to, how other teams are invited, what are the implications/sanctions for participating...etc i mean common sense stuff that you really need to formulate an opinion.

This is how i feel, which i think is quite sensible:

So you've got absolutely no problem with owners coming in to leech from a club, sink it and split or sell off assets for greed... etc yet you're crying about an elite competition with set participants so they can basically get even more wealthy too? So contradictory on your part - alot of these clubs have already collapsed or saddle with debt because of shady ownership - that's what stinks. UEFA only have themselves to blame for this mess they have got themselves in imo. Your priorities are all over the place here and you have the nerve to question others on some sort of moral high ground because you're a 'top fan'. 

Leicester as the footballs beautiful rags to riches story would you believe! Jesus. Next you'll be saying how Crawley FC and Salford FC are shining example of the system working as it should! 

Just now, Roux said:

Quite alot actually - how money will be distributed and who to, how other teams are invited, what are the implications/sanctions for participating...etc i mean common sense stuff that you really need to formulate an opinion.

This is how i feel, which i think is quite sensible:

So you've got absolutely no problem with owners coming in to leech from a club, sink it and split or sell off assets for greed... etc yet you're crying about an elite competition with set participants so they can basically get even more wealthy too? So contradictory on your part - alot of these clubs have already collapsed or saddle with debt because of shady ownership - that's what stinks. UEFA only have themselves to blame for this mess they have got themselves in imo. Your priorities are all over the place here and you have the nerve to question others on some sort of moral high ground because you're a 'top fan'. 

Leicester as the footballs beautiful rags to riches story would you believe! Jesus. Next you'll be saying how Crawley FC and Salford FC are shining example of the system working as it should! 

Like I said, what we have now isn't perfect. 

Is being a 'top fan' believing that the in principle that a European Super League is bad for football? 

Lot of top fans out there then, including most of yours (those that actually go to games at least) - you should try doing that one day, cracking fun!

19 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Like I said, what we have now isn't perfect. 

Is being a 'top fan' believing that the in principle that a European Super League is bad for football? 

Lot of top fans out there then, including most of yours (those that actually go to games at least) - you should try doing that one day, cracking fun!

Its miles from perfect - its put so many clubs under, its completely unsustainable. Clubs are dying to enter the Premier League for a reason and when they fall out its near disaster.  

Not at all, its a valid concern - but just because you go to games and support West Ham and i support United doesn't mean your opinion carries more weight. Bizarrely you think it does, which is why you always bring it up. Who we support and how many games we go to is irrelevant here, its a cringe worthy retort really - but yeah, a good way to deflect attention away from your contradictions. 

26 minutes ago, Roux said:

Its miles from perfect - its put so many clubs under, its completely unsustainable. Clubs are dying to enter the Premier League for a reason and when they fall out its near disaster.  

Not at all, its a valid concern - but just because you go to games and support West Ham and i support United doesn't mean your opinion carries more weight. Bizarrely you think it does, which is why you always bring it up. Who we support and how many games we go to is irrelevant here, its a cringe worthy retort really - but yeah, a good way to deflect attention away from your contradictions. 

You threw out a petty insult calling me a 'top fan' so I thought I'd lower myself to your level and throw a similar petty insult back, I don't think my opinion carries more weight than anyone elses. 

Guess time will tell with this but I'm pretty worried about what this means for football as we know. 

8 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

You threw out a petty insult calling me a 'top fan' so I thought I'd lower myself to your level and throw a similar petty insult back, I don't think my opinion carries more weight than anyone elses. 

Guess time will tell with this but I'm pretty worried about what this means for football as we know. 

Its not an insult! - its something you attributed to yourself (and are clearly quite proud of, because you always bring it up) when you started to go down the 'well you support United, what do you know' nonsense route. I always cringe when people bring that stuff up like its counts for something. 

shit, Klopp was basically like "i had no say or choice" definitely seems like its being driven by the owners rather than the clubs. 

The rumors around the United side from good sources is that no players or staff were consulted - i  imagine that's the same for other clubs. 

Perez alluded to lack of transparency and support from UEFA - so i stand my point yesterday that UEFA have shot themselves in the foot here. 

Easy way to stop it would be for the players of the 12 teams to go on strike.

They havnt even got 15 clubs yet for this let alone trying to invite 5 more guests lol.

@Roux you said wait for their proposal, they havnt got one lol, they made sure they got the core 12 clubs to sign a contract so its binding and thats about as far as they got to.

Uefa and fifa are the worst and corrupt fuckers but at least there was a pyramid system in place where teams like wolves, west ham and nearly sheff united last season had a chance to qualify for europe and could beat the top 6 teams every week! Look at leeds this year, could quite easily finish above Liverpool arsenal and spurs!!

What this new super league does is basically kill off any competition, you also tried to say to dan it wasnt a closed shop because technically 5 teams could qualify for it! How exactly is 5 teams out of all the leagues in Europe fair or even that much? So basically the 5 best leagues in europe? The winners of each of those leagues get a chance? Do we scrap the champions league? Europa league? 

Then what happens to the top 6? Is it fair they get an extra 350 million more than the rest the league? Do we kick them out? Its a bloody mess!

The only reason real madrid and Barcelona are doing this is because they are both 1 billion in debt! If they cant run there club the right way why should they be entitled to break away? And ruin the english game!

Im a bristol city fan, so i have been used to the lower leagues, we always had a dream of one day getting promoted to the premier league, with this tho that dream is basically dead, the only good thing to come from this maybe is the fact they might make the leagues and money more fairer if those 6 fuxk off

46 minutes ago, prankerd14 said:

They havnt even got 15 clubs yet for this let alone trying to invite 5 more guests lol.

@Roux you said wait for their proposal, they havnt got one lol, they made sure they got the core 12 clubs to sign a contract so its binding and thats about as far as they got to.

Uefa and fifa are the worst and corrupt fuckers but at least there was a pyramid system in place where teams like wolves, west ham and nearly sheff united last season had a chance to qualify for europe and could beat the top 6 teams every week! Look at leeds this year, could quite easily finish above Liverpool arsenal and spurs!!

What this new super league does is basically kill off any competition, you also tried to say to dan it wasnt a closed shop because technically 5 teams could qualify for it! How exactly is 5 teams out of all the leagues in Europe fair or even that much? So basically the 5 best leagues in europe? The winners of each of those leagues get a chance? Do we scrap the champions league? Europa league? 

Then what happens to the top 6? Is it fair they get an extra 350 million more than the rest the league? Do we kick them out? Its a bloody mess!

The only reason real madrid and Barcelona are doing this is because they are both 1 billion in debt! If they cant run there club the right way why should they be entitled to break away? And ruin the english game!

Well they will obviously have to reveal their proposal (if it goes ahead) - everything else is up in the air for now, Perez said last night there could be a 2nd tier table added - so they are still figuring it all out. 

'A closed shop' means no new teams can enter, their plans said 5 new teams would be invited every season based on achievements, like i already said - that's NOT necessarily a closed shop because new teams will be invited every season. They also mentioned rotating 'guest' teams. For the millionth time - i'm just correcting what Dan posted - i didn't make the rule or decide only 5 teams can enter - i'm just saying that's not necessarily a  closed-shop system!!! you can argue those team get to choose who/and how many clubs get invited - which is why i said its a 'restricted' system.

I don't think the pyramid system works as well as people think it does - if anything, its proved you need rich owners to come in and pump money into clubs to get anywhere, potentially saddle them with debt and fail FFP.  

I can't really see this going ahead to be honest - i'm hearing rumors 2 English clubs are already looking to leave.

1 hour ago, prankerd14 said:

Im a bristol city fan, so i have been used to the lower leagues, we always had a dream of one day getting promoted to the premier league, with this tho that dream is basically dead, the only good thing to come from this maybe is the fact they might make the leagues and money more fairer if those 6 fuxk off

Its kinda mad you talk about fairness then- when you have a sugar daddy owner who funded your training ground + stadium, generously covered your huge debt MULTIPLE TIMES... and got you through the leagues. How is that fair over teams without a sugar daddy then?

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-city-owner-steve-lansdown-3512106

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/25681289

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/banksandfinance/5173380/bLansdown-share-bsale-nets-47m-to-help-Bristol-City-club-towards-stadium-goal.html

The hypocrisy is unreal here.

Fair play to Milner coming out and saying he doesn't like it, although probably a bit easier to be brave when you're 35 and coming to the end. 

Feel sorry for the players and managers having to bare the brunt of the questions while their owners release BS statements/don't say anything at all.

Man United and Man City didn't even have the balls to post the announcement on their social media sites, just hid it away on the website. Shows the absolute contempt they hold the real fans in.

Seen the traditional fans who are from the area and that go to games are now being referred to as 'legacy fans' whereas the Super League wants to focus on the fans of the future. 

50 minutes ago, Roux said:

Well they will obviously have to reveal their proposal (if it goes ahead) - everything else is up in the air for now, Perez said last night there could be a 2nd tier table added - so they are still figuring it all out. 

'A closed shop' means no new teams can enter, their plans said 5 new teams would be invited every season based on achievements, like i already said - that's NOT necessarily a closed shop because new teams will be invited every season. They also mentioned rotating 'guest' teams. For the millionth time - i'm just correcting what Dan posted - i didn't make the rule or decide only 5 teams can enter - i'm just saying that's not necessarily a  closed-shop system!!! you can argue those team get to choose who/and how many clubs get invited - which is why i said its a 'restricted' system.

I don't think the pyramid system works as well as people think it does - if anything, its proved you need rich owners to come in and pump money into clubs to get anywhere, potentially saddle them with debt and fail FFP.  

I can't really see this going ahead to be honest - i'm hearing rumors 2 English clubs are already looking to leave.

You're really clinging onto this whole 5 teams can qualify every year, oooooo 5 teams are lucky enough to get the invite every year, what an honour to be able to compete with European juggernauts like Tottenham Hotspur and Arsenal!

It's not about that anyway, it's about the 15 other teams who are guaranteed to be in it every year no matter how they perform. 

Also thank God we have Florentino Perez with football's best intentions at heart, sure it isn't anything to do with Real Madrid being saddled with debt - good idea would be not to spend £130m on a 29 year old Eden Hazard and not pay a crock £600k a week before you start calling out the the long term sustainability of the game.

Anyone who thinks these fucking charlatans have anything but their own interests at heart is a fool, they have shown complete and utter contempt for their biggest fans, what makes you think they give a fuck about any of the other clubs - bet the Glazers and Henry couldn't name 3 teams in League One between them.

I can't see how it can go ahead either to be honest, the backlash has been mad. 

43 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

You're really clinging onto this whole 5 teams can qualify every year, oooooo 5 teams are lucky enough to get the invite every year, what an honour to be able to compete with European juggernauts like Tottenham Hotspur and Arsenal!

It's not about that anyway, it's about the 15 other teams who are guaranteed to be in it every year no matter how they perform. 

Also thank God we have Florentino Perez with football's best intentions at heart, sure it isn't anything to do with Real Madrid being saddled with debt - good idea would be not to spend £130m on a 29 year old Eden Hazard before you start calling out the the longterm sustainability of the game.

Anyone who thinks these fucking charlatans have anything but their own interests at heart is a fool, they have shown complete and utter contempt for their biggest fans, what makes you think they give a fuck about any of the other clubs - bet the Glazers and Henry couldn't name 3 teams in League One between them.

No - i'm simply making the point that there will be new teams each year... You're saying it will be the same teams every year. I'm correcting you - something i find myself repeating over and over and over again on this point. Its like arguing 1+1 doesn't = 2. I never said i like it, i never said i hated it, i never said 5 teams wasn't enough, i never said i like the idea of 'invites'... I'M QUITE SIMPLY CORRECTING YOU ON HOW THEY SAID IT WILL WORK. Please god, can you actually understand this now. 

The rest of your post is you going on some mad tangent again... like i'm Chairman of the Super League and have come to destroy football. Deflect your anger somewhere else - i didn't create the thing, the only thing was i said was that i need to know more about it. Yet you're fine with ownership in football and in your own words "clubs being take over and having money pumped into them" ... hypocrisy again.