The Official Football Topic

Cuth

Just now, Roux said:

You went from L2 to Championship in a few years - just so happens when he arrived. 12th best? thats pretty impressive that he got you there that quick because without him you'd be wayyy down that list - and the evidence is the league positions before he arrived. 

Yes of course they do - there's many in the league which is what i'm trying to say - turns out having a sugar daddy is crazy helpful for paying things like 100m debt from their own pocket... 

You really can't see your hypocrisy in that these Super League teams want more money to get better and bigger, when your sugar daddy walks in... to make you bigger and better? 

Please do a bit more research before you go on and on about the same thing to me its getting boring now, bristol city havnt been in league 2 since 1989 ffs

We have spent half our time since then in league 1.

Man united have spent fuck all on their stadium in years has that given you less of an advantage? 

4 minutes ago, prankerd14 said:

Please do a bit more research before you go on and on about the same thing to me its getting boring now, bristol city havnt been in league 2 since 1989 ffs

We have spent half our time since then in league 1.

Man united have spent fuck all on their stadium in years has that given you less of an advantage? 

2003-2004 you were in Div 2...  someone needs help with his own club...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003–04_Football_League#Second_Division

No, but we have spent nearly a 1bn on players, wages, staff, training ground, medical centre etc... looks like a shit ton of advantage to me. 

Just now, Roux said:

2003-2004 you were in Div 2...  someone needs help with his own club...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003–04_Football_League#Second_Division

No but we have spent nearly a 1bn on players, wages, staff, training ground, medical centre etc... looks like a shit ton of advantage. 

Lol wow 👏 your so clueless about the lower leagues its funny, division 2 in 2003 is now called league one mate 😉

And 1 bn in football in 20 years is nothing ffs

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, prankerd14 said:

Lol wow 👏 your so clueless about the lower leagues its funny, division 2 in 2003 is now called league one mate 😉

And 1 bn in football in 20 years is nothing ffs

3rd tier to 2nd since he came in. 

10 years!  Yep 1bn is pocket money!

Nice of you to ignore the fact that you didn't know he funded your own stadium, wages etc. 

Well that ended quicky.

4 minutes ago, Roux said:

3rd tier to 2nd since he came in. 

10 years!  Yep 1bn is pocket money!

Nice of you to ignore the fact that you didn't know he funded your own stadium, wages etc. 

Well that ended quicky.

If you seriously think he funded the whole stadium and wages of players then more fool you lol 😆 and nope 2003 to now isnt 10 years were in 2021 right now... 

Plus why are you still arguing everyone knows the premier league is miles ahead financially than the championship why do you think they call the play off final worth 170 million lol

Looks like your united have fucked up anyways..

8 minutes ago, prankerd14 said:

If you seriously think he funded the whole stadium and wages of players then more fool you lol 😆 and nope 2003 to now isnt 10 years were in 2021 right now... 

Plus why are you still arguing everyone knows the premier league is miles ahead financially than the championship why do you think they call the play off final worth 170 million lol

Looks like your united have fucked up anyways..

He said he did... and i sent you the links to it... the debt, help fund the stadium, wages etc - might wanna see those. The fact he wiped your debt off multiple times is enough alone... but no advantage right? 

Spent 1bn in the last 10 years, not 20 years... and that's just on players. 

Couldn't care less what happens to United in this situation - the Glazers wanted it, not the club.

6 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Fuck me it’s all gone off tonight 

Woodward gone is fucking beautiful. Glazer rats next. Fucking DIE

The momentum needs to continue to get them out. I hope for your sake that they do get forced out. 

Still nearly £500m in debt 15 years after buying the club and spending £60m servicing the debt they saddled the club with.

How were they ever allowed to buy the club? 

10 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

The momentum needs to continue to get them out. I hope for your sake that they do get forced out. 

Still nearly £500m in debt 15 years after buying the club and spending £60m servicing the debt they saddled the club with.

How were they ever allowed to buy the club? 

No idea, football needs a complete fucking revamp and now is the time to do it. 

Barca and Real are the worst, their business models are completely unsustainable. The transfer fees and wages they spent over recent years have been absolutely obscene and it's now all catching up with them. 

Perez then has the audacity to claim that the Super League is for the benefit of the whole of football in the long term rather than bailing Real Madrid out of all their financial problems. Fucking pig of a man. 

Good to see the Prem sides have pulled out but this shouldn't be forgotten, these owners haven't pulled them out because they want too, it's purely because of the backlash. The fact they did this without even consulting the fans shows the complete contempt they hold them within. 

Their business model is unsustainable because UEFA allow it to happen - there's no wage cap, no agent fees cap, no transfer cap etc. You can borrow from the bank or take from the Governments. it's an unlimited resource free for all. They are supposed to be the governing body to protect the game. Why are agents pocketing 20-30m for a transfer? The English clubs are just as bad - it needs to be governed properly.

FPP is a great idea, but it needs to be properly implemented - too many loopholes. 

The new Champions League format is ridiculous - more games, with less importance. 

Europa is garbage and the FA cup means very little anymore - big teams play a second string. 

I agree there needs to be more regulation but these clubs are meant to be run by smart/business savvy people. It's completely ridiculous that these absolute cash cows are built on a house of cards, they make so much money yet they manage to burn through it all and still go into insane amounts of debt. 

Feel sorry for agents, I'm sure a lot of them do a great job for a fair price but then you've got parasites like Raiola who earns more than what a lot of top players do in one year by doing a single transfer. 

I think what you're saying about the Europa League and FA Cup is true from a big clubs perspective. However 95% of the teams/fans in the country would kill to win one of these competitions. I'd take the League/FA Cup over 4th this season all day long. 

I agree the new CL format is probably not needed but the owners of these clubs had no issue with more games in Europe when it came to the Super League. The big teams have big enough squads to cope with a few extra games, especially considering they play second string teams in the domestic cups. 

Thats true but some of those smart business minded people will tend to exploit the system though or push the boundaries to the limit - its their job to make the most by doing the least. City were able to bring in £300m through an oil sponsorship to bypass FFP, how is that allowed? Clubs should only we allowed to spend what they earn in my opinion and fans should have voting rights. 

The only reason Newcastle isn't owned by Saudi blood money is because the Saudi's pulled out. UEFA could do nothing because so many clubs have ownership now. 

Even for smaller clubs now - survival is far more important than playing extra games in the FA Cup - when it used to be the greatest cup competition in the world. Look at the money you get for each round - its peanuts, i think the FA actually lowered the prize money.

I agree that the SL would mean more games too - but for £300m just for participating they would do it over the UCL where you get £17m for winning it!  I don't know the details of what these Super League guys wanted - obviously money, but it seems like there are revenue opportunities UEFA have missed on or pocketed for themselves that could go to all clubs and leagues. I agree with Perez that UEFA members should disclose their salaries/spending to the public. 

This is a good move: