The Official Football Topic

Cuth

That final is going to be tough without Maguire. It will be a sickener if we lose it. Hopefully we’ll have to much going forward and out score them. 

I think we’ll see a big summer at United. I think the Glazers will want to keep the fans quiet so I think we’ll have 150m to spend plus sales.

I can see some decent amount of cash being made this summer, I think Lingard will go for 20m, I think the club could sell Tuanzebe too if a good offer came in, Mata, Matic and Jones will leave so that’s a chunk of wages gone and I think . I still think it’s possible Pogba leaves too, honestly he won’t be a loss. 

We need to get business done early, sick of us dragging it out all the time, shows some fucking ambition and get Sancho wrapped up before the euros. Just pay what Dortmund want ffs. Don’t penny pinch on a CB either, we need world class defender next to Maguire, desperate for a DM, Mctominay and Fred nowhere near good enough to win league. 

Can't knock that season overall, 6th is a great achievement with this small squad.

Only 2 points off the CL in the end which is mad, some of those dropped points when Rice/Antonio were injured cost us but tbh I don't think we could handle the CL, would probably be a bit embarrassing. 

We're gonna need to add depth to this squad now. Hoping that a European campaign might persuade Rice to stay on for one more year as well. 

I feel a bit sorry for Patrick Bamford, 17 goals and 7 assists in the Premier League this season and can't even make a 33 man provisional squad. 

I really like Watkins as a player as well - his movement is great, I think I'd actually prefer to take both him and Bamford over DCL - appreciate that is slightly controversial but I'm still not fully sold on him. 

12 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

I feel a bit sorry for Patrick Bamford, 17 goals and 7 assists in the Premier League this season and can't even make a 33 man provisional squad. 

I really like Watkins as a player as well - his movement is great, I think I'd actually prefer to take both him and Bamford over DCL - appreciate that is slightly controversial but I'm still not fully sold on him. 

For once it's something I agree with Southgate on. Bamford is unlucky not to be in there, but Watkins work rate is incredible and he creates a lot of space and opportunities for the players around him.

DCL for me is a better alternative option or someone you can throw on when chasing a game and pump balls into the box.  His physical development has been incredible over last few years, remember when he was part of the u20's squad and he was a scrawny kid, now he's bulked up he has a real presence.

6 hours ago, Bucko said:

For once it's something I agree with Southgate on. Bamford is unlucky not to be in there, but Watkins work rate is incredible and he creates a lot of space and opportunities for the players around him.

DCL for me is a better alternative option or someone you can throw on when chasing a game and pump balls into the box.  His physical development has been incredible over last few years, remember when he was part of the u20's squad and he was a scrawny kid, now he's bulked up he has a real presence.

Haha the English way when chasing a game in a major tournament, just pump balls into the box and hope for the best!

But no, I get you. I just really like Bamford and feel like his stock will probably never be this high again - doubt he will get another chance in his career now.

• Haha 1

Jesus - that was terrible.

Need a goal and we bring on Dan James, Mata and Tuanzebe - we badly need some top class attackers. 

Villarreal were unreal, perfect gameplan. 

To me, looks like Rashford's lost interest in football. 

I understand the affection United fans have towards De Gea for this 2 seasons where he was world class. But he hasn't been world class for a few years now. I get he's not helped by having clowns Infront of him, but if United went all out and Signed Oblak and a world class CB you really could actually challenge next season.

Would be like how Allison and Van Dick transformed Liverpool.

1 hour ago, Roux said:

De Gea is the worst person to have in goal during a shootout - everything went right through him like he was a ghost. 

You guys wanna try this? https://gaming.uefa.com/en/uefaeuro2020fantasyfootball/create-team 

For sure, can't get enough fantasy football in my life haha. 

Already got my first draft done. 

50 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

For sure, can't get enough fantasy football in my life haha. 

Already got my first draft done. 

Not sure if there is a better website - just something i found on the official site, might be a better one out there or we can just use this one.

i prefer a tournament over a full season - just don't have the time for it. 

2 hours ago, Scott. said:

What’s your england team for euros?

Mine is 

Henderson

Walker Maguire Stones

Trent Rice Mount Grealish

Sancho Kane Foden 

I haven't got a fucking scooby mate haha.

I normally have a pretty good idea of the team I'd like to see but I honestly have no idea.

Maguire (if fit)
Stones
Rice
Mount
Foden
Kane 

Other 5 places I change like the weather, I'd probably go Shaw at left back and Walker at right back I guess. 

Not sure Sterling can start in current form, I think Rashford overall hasn't had the most consistent season as well. but would Southgate have the balls to play Sancho AND Grealish on the wings? I'm not so sure...

Hearing Ramsdale, Trent, JWP, Lingard, White, Godfrey and Greenwood (injured) are the ones who won't make it. 

2 hours ago, Roux said:

Joined!

On 6/7/2021 at 3:11 PM, Scott. said:

Buzzing for the Euros. 

Italy are my dark horses 

Think Portugal or France will win it

I'm rooting for Italy and England as usual.

Italy was so shit they didn't even make it to the World Cup in 2018, but England got to the semi final. The end result wasn't what people wanted, but didn't change the fact it was fun as hell. I was in London when England got to the semi final and I can't believe how much fun I had that week haha beer gardens rammed, everyone we met was so friendly, sun shining.

This year Euros won't be nearly as fun like that, but let's hope they are!