The Official Football Topic

Cuth

10 hours ago, Scott. said:

@Roux should we be concerned we’re about to drop 90m on a player who can’t get a game for England?

Not sure if that speaks more about Southgate than Sancho. it is very worrying though. 

I watched Chiesa for Italy the other night and he's exactly the type of player we need on the RW. Dangerous everytime he had the ball.

Looks like Germany of France in the next round for England - things need to improve fast! 

I can't stand how boring we are lol. I was so happy for Saka last night though. He's the shining light at arsenal and was proud for him to get his chance.

I wouldn't be worried about dropping 90mil on Sancho. You've been desperate for a natural RW for years and he's extremely talented and seems to be a killer around the box.

I think Saka got the nod because he is more clued up defensively, at United Sancho will have a very good defender behind him in AWB. England have Walker who always has a brain fart in him.

I don't mind being a bit boring tbh, how many teams honestly win tournaments with swashbuckling exciting performances every game? we've eased our way into the tournament and not conceded a goal. 

Obviously the next game will be a huge test and I think we will see why Southgate has been sticking with the double pivot in midfield in that game. 

Rashford shouldn't kick another ball this tournament though, been given three decent chunks of time to come on and impact games and has done absolutely nothing, Grealish has to start and Saka has to at least be the impact sub instead of Rashford. 

15 hours ago, vicky. said:

Well that was fun while it lasted for Scotland. Was fun bring excited about something again and watching the city come alive with fans of all the teams. All my friends here got behind the Scottish team and for a brief second life almost felt normal again and it definitely made me feel a little less home sick. 

Even though we came bottom of our group I still think Scotland has a lot to be proud of and at least we got 1 goal in the end! 

Wait you came bottom of the group? 

I thought you guys won the whole thing after the scenes I saw after the game against us? 😬

Scotland was delightful to watch! They can be proud of their performance imo.

Hungary was also incredible. They had the hardest group by far and were qualified until the last ten minutes.

Really looking forward to the next matches. Germay vs England at wembley is going to be a classic 

Thrilling football and win games... it's either one way or another for England. I think it's fair to say when England plays thrilling football they let in goals so I think that's why Southgate is focusing on playing a defensive game, like Greece did the year they won the euros.

Belgium-Portugal and England-Germany will be so fun to watch though.

Fuck me that was painful. We’re a much better side than that ffs. The Danes were excellent. We started brilliantly, danish coach shat himself and changed formation and started to man mark Ramsey and we couldn’t respond to it. Disappointing end. 

Roberto Mancini did build up a very decent team from very average players, but tonight this Italia looks a lot like Mancini's first job with Inter ages ago, just passing side to side without really penetrating Austria's red wall.

We just need to get one great chance to get the lead. Let's see what happens now. 

12 minutes ago, Depf said:

@Elisa why is luca dimontezemolo managing a football team and where are Todt and Schumi?

Haha this is spot on. No one has ever seen Mancini and Luca Cordero di Montezemolo in the same room together, that's all I'm saying.

• Haha 1