The Official Football Topic

Cuth

This game had shades of Italy vs Australia round of 16 in the 2006 World Cup. Italy scrapped through some rugged resistance from the aussies, but we know what happened after that. Hope it bodes well. 

8 hours ago, Depf said:

1. we are not ösis. not aussies. we have Kaiserschmarrn.  aussies have Kaiser spiders.

2. you give me 2006 ptsd here.

3. i like you 2.7% less now.

jk, that was a tense and great game. hope we see more of those. was on the edge of my seat for 120 min

I actually think that Italy will get knocked out by either Portugal or Belgium and I was just trying to remain hopeful haha 

I’m hurting this morning. That’s our biggest defeat in 9 years ffs. I don’t mind losing and going out but we’re so much better than that. The Danes have this spirit behind them with what happened with Eriksen, maybe it’s meant to be that they go deep in the tournament, I thought they were fantastic yesterday, really solid at the back and they moved the ball about brilliantly, so impressed with them and I think they’ll beat the Dutch in the Quarters tbh. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Elisa said:

I actually think that Italy will get knocked out by either Portugal or Belgium and I was just trying to remain hopeful haha 

Congrats yesterday. Tough game but your class showed in the end. 

• Like 1

Just felt like everything was against Wales yesterday, no Welsh fans allowed, travelled thousands of miles more than Denmark and the referee made some dodgy decisions that didn't go the way of Wales. Fair play to Denmark, they deserved the win, but I hope we'll see you at the World Cup next year! 

45 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Congrats yesterday. Tough game but your class showed in the end. 

Two of my favourite goals in last night's game. Chiesa's was a work of art but that very low header in to the net from an impossible angle was also a thing to behold.

Mancini thinks that Chiesa is better coming off the bench to change the dynamics (seen many times last season with Juve) and that Berardi offers much more earlier on in the games, but he should start next match. 

3 hours ago, Thomas D. said:

Meh we got the job done. Don’t tell me you weren’t a little impressed by Thorgan’s goal. 

Was a hell of a strike pal, I’m frustrated watching you lot though, you’ve completely underachieved with this ‘golden generation’ 

That side is ageing and fast, it seems like they only just burst on the scene and now most are in their 30s or approaching it. Scary how quick time goes. Kdb is starting to pick up injuries now, Eden Hazard is completely finished, he can’t even get in shape, Mertens is barely getting a kick and is mid 30s, the defence are fucking ancient, Witsel looks an old man in midfield. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Scott. said:

Was a hell of a strike pal, I’m frustrated watching you lot though, you’ve completely underachieved with this ‘golden generation’ 

That side is ageing and fast, it seems like they only just burst on the scene and now most are in their 30s or approaching it. Scary how quick time goes. Kdb is starting to pick up injuries now, Eden Hazard is completely finished, he can’t even get in shape, Mertens is barely getting a kick and is mid 30s, the defence are fucking ancient, Witsel looks an old man in midfield. 

Completely agree with you. We should have taken advantage of this team years ago. Will have to see how far they can go this championship, but I'm not too optimistic given the teams we are going to face. Yesterday we got lucky for sure. Let's see if it will run out...

Was kinda hoping for a Belgium - Holland finale but they fucked up royally yesterday.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Thomas D. said:

Indeed! And mbappe not scoring out of all people. Great safe though

He looked bad all match. I would’ve never let him take the last pen. 

It must be a proud night to be a Swiss @Neal! What a game 🇨🇭

• Like 1