The Official Football Topic

Cuth

7 minutes ago, Roux said:

Neither did Harry Kane for 3 and a half games... so whats your point? Nobody was more out of form than him. 

The team still isn't working - you have to look at ways to correct that, win lose or draw. 

We're unbeaten and haven't conceded a goal, what do people honestly want? haha

Tournament football is always about results and being pragmatic. If we went all guns blazing with flair and crashed out 3-0 people would be complaining saying we weren't streetwise and showed immaturity. 

Kane is a completely different league to Rashford, shouldn't even be compared. 

32 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

We're unbeaten and haven't conceded a goal, what do people honestly want? haha

Tournament football is always about results and being pragmatic. If we went all guns blazing with flair and crashed out 3-0 people would be complaining saying we weren't streetwise and showed immaturity. 

Kane is a completely different league to Rashford, shouldn't even be compared. 

You know its a sport - which means its perfectly reasonable to look at ways to improve the team regardless of result. Its called striving for perfection - and we are not perfect by any stretch. Nobody is asking to demolish teams 5-0 every game, but there is a clear problem with the service into attackers - something you can't deny. 

I feel like Sterling overplays and wants to score for himself than help the team. I've never seen Kane so anonymous in all these games. 

your last point has nothing to do with what i wrote tbh. 

Unless we're chasing a game / into extra time the  I don't see how Rashford gets minutes at all, especially on the left wing.

Despite being relatively poor in spells of games, Sterling has made himself undroppable as he's our most reliable infront of goal in this tournament.

Grealish is unbelievable and head and shoulders ahead of Rashford for me.

Then you have the likes of Saka, Foden and Sancho on the right. I think Southgate was right to stick with Saka because he puts a shift in and draws fouls.

Kane has been awful all tournament but he's captain and when he gets going he's arguably best in the world in his position,  if he was to get injured I'd still rather have DCL lead the line as a striker over Rashford. 

This isn't FIFA. Pace isn't everything.

2 minutes ago, vicky. said:

It's not like the hatred isn't mutual. You Brexit loving cunts love it when Scotland shits the bed. 

I'm honestly so indifferent to the Scotland national team, don't care when they win, don't care when they lose. Means nada to me, too focused on us bringing it home. 

55 minutes ago, Depf said:

that penalty is BS and it's anti-italian and anti-german prejudice all tournament long.

What did we ever do wrong?!

Some of the most egregious anti Italian propaganda I have ever seen. Tony Soprano didn't die in a diner for belgium to get a mickey mouse goal with that penalty.

3 hours ago, Depf said:

Frankly , we need your leadership on this @_Bagel. This hits close to home.

The italians are my favorite middleground between the romanians and germans. 

Forza azzurri fino alla fine 

Frankly - I’m depressed and ashamed that I should have to come in here, hat in hand…begging for a decent refereeing decision.

Roberto Mancini is male model material 

Honestly, it's not an Italian celebration if at least one player hasn't taken his shorts off. I don't know why they do that though haha 

We did great last night but our players are still the biggest play actors in the world when need to win time. During the last 10 minutes I thought I was watching a sniper film. 

For someone who doesn’t watch or follow this sport at can someone explain what the general reaction is to moments like this is:

Like this is so obviously just milking a penalty that It’s almost insulting to watch but is it just so common and become a part of the game that people don’t give a fuck? 

Not trying to insult the sport or anything just curious what fans outside of a Reddit comment section think.

19 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

For someone who doesn’t watch or follow this sport at can someone explain what the general reaction is to moments like this is:

Like this is so obviously just milking a penalty that It’s almost insulting to watch but is it just so common and become a part of the game that people don’t give a fuck? 

Not trying to insult the sport or anything just curious what fans outside of a Reddit comment section think.

Yes, it's always like this, even worse. I remember watching football matches with my dad when I was like 6 or 7 and I would worry about the players, but my dad would say "nah, he's fine, he's just faking it".

Italian players are usually overly dramatic, I can't stand it, but it's nothing new for football and people just laugh it off. 

41 minutes ago, Elisa said:

Yes, it's always like this, even worse. I remember watching football matches with my dad when I was like 6 or 7 and I would worry about the players, but my dad would say "nah, he's fine, he's just faking it".

Italian players are usually overly dramatic, I can't stand it, but it's nothing new for football and people just laugh it off. 

Like I guess I get that it is always like this but do people celebrate it? If he had gotten the penalty and they scored would they only focus on the goal or call attention to the faking that got them there? Is it considered basically a skill to be able to milk an injury like that?

It was fun! Immobile to mobile in less than 60 seconds.

20 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Like I guess I get that it is always like this but do people celebrate it? If he had gotten the penalty and they scored would they only focus on the goal or call attention to the faking that got them there? Is it considered basically a skill to be able to milk an injury like that?

Yes, they celebrate and everyone then forgets about the acting. In a lot of places it's seen as a skill and part of the game. Referees have got pretty good at figuring out who is faking vs legit, you'd be surprised by how fast they get up after they learn the ref isn't taking the bluff. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

Instances like this aren't as common as you'd think tbh.

It's shit but not enough to make me dislike the game overly, tbh this one was so comical it was more funny than annoying.

This tournament has been absolutely brilliant so far, a couple of divers isn't gonna take anything away from the great football that has been on display.

• Like 3

England were excellent last night, the biggest difference I saw is in past years they would of maybe gone to score more or got sloppy but this England side can keep the ball now finally, I loved how they just kept knocking the ball about and kept in total control. Some fucking team this. The strength on the bench is ridiculous too. Southgate deserved a lot of credit also this has made him a better coach, he will get a big job after England and deservedly so. 

Denmark will be a tough game, do you believe in fate? There’s something special about that danish side. I think it will be an England-Italy final and my god what a game that will be. A 50/50 game for me but England edge it with it being in Wembley. 

The tournament has been excellent. The only negative I have though is that some teams have been done dirty and yes I’m gonna have a little whinge about how unfairly the welsh and some other have been treated, two games in fucking Baku ffs and playing Italy in Rome, we’ve barely had any welsh fans in games and have travelled all over the continent while others have had most of their games in their own country and done nowhere near as much travelling. The welsh side look completely fucked against Denmark while all the Danes had to do was travel to Amsterdam and had half a stadium full of their fans. How is that fair in anyway? Anyway rant over, I’m not a sore loser but has bothered me a little. 

• Like 1