The Official Football Topic

Cuth

Went as expected to be honest - Ukraine were fucked after 30mins. 

Everything has worked out perfectly for England, the draw, other teams playing extra time and travel etc... This team should be doing the same to Denmark 

Mount didn't have a bad game, but i still think Grealish is a much better player in 10 position - would have been a good game to get him going. 

Luke Shaw might be the one of the best left backs in the world right now - unreal his transformation. 

3 hours ago, Scott. said:

The tournament has been excellent. The only negative I have though is that some teams have been done dirty and yes I’m gonna have a little whinge about how unfairly the welsh and some other have been treated, two games in fucking Baku ffs and playing Italy in Rome, we’ve barely had any welsh fans in games and have travelled all over the continent while others have had most of their games in their own country and done nowhere near as much travelling. The welsh side look completely fucked against Denmark while all the Danes had to do was travel to Amsterdam and had half a stadium full of their fans. How is that fair in anyway? Anyway rant over, I’m not a sore loser but has bothered me a little. 

I still find it weird how the tournament has been played across Europe really - they should have just kept it to one country with multiple stadiums - seems alot safer for COVID - basically what the NBA did last year with the playoffs in the bubble. Looking online it seems like it was done to celebrate the 60th anniversary of the competition - couldn't have picked a worse time.  

Game with be a lot tougher against Denmark, they're a better team than Ukraine anyway and they're a team possessed with what happened to Eriksen. What should work in our favour is the fact it's at Wembley and Denmark played 90 minutes in ridiculous heat in Baku. 

I'd keep Grealish on the bench tbh, I was calling for him to start as well but what a weapon to bring off the bench if you need something to change things up after an hour. 

I hope we win tonight, but we're not the same without Spinazzola and Spain is so unpredictable this year. Will def take England in tomorrow's match. It will be a tough one I feel but England is going to win. 

5 hours ago, Elisa said:

I hope we win tonight, but we're not the same without Spinazzola and Spain is so unpredictable this year. Will def take England in tomorrow's match. It will be a tough one I feel but England is going to win. 

Can't see past Italy tonight, sure Spinazzola will be a loss but think you'll have to much for a pretty average Spanish side. 

Insigne the tiny man to do the business. 

Gotta love the little heart attack Italy gave me. We really sucked against Spain and they probably deserved the game, but Italy deserved to go to the finals because we played great until tonight.

England can't crumble tomorrow. England v. Italy will be so good. Best two teams this tournament.

What a game - both teams going for it. Spain were unlucky - Pedri has been player of the tournament for me along with Chiesa. He's going to be right up there with Xavi & Iniesta - ridiculous footballing IQ for an 18yo. 

Spinazzola proved to be a huge loss as expected really. 

That penalty was a joke - VAR has been good in this tournament, but it should have been overturned. 

Pretty comfortable game that - most of the game was played in Denmark's half - other than the goal they had 2 shot on target. 

Again, i'd switch Mount for Grealish and Saka for Sancho. 

If England can keep Chiesa quiet they got this. 

• Like 1

Italians are more technical in the midfield, but England have got the pace (both in defense and attack) and trickery to hurt Italy. Even without the obvious investment, Italy vs England is the game that should top a great tournament. Lovely stuff. 

• Like 1

I thought Denmark were the better side for about 50 mins and then their energy levels dropped and for some mental reason they took off Dolberg and Damsgaard, the danish coach has done that in every game. They’re both young lads, there’s no way they’re tired what are you doing taking off your two biggest threats? 

Be interesting to see what Southgate does with the side because Italy’s midfield will maul Rice and Phillips. Both defences are equally as good, Italy have the better keeper and midfield but England are far better up front and have more depth.  Could be the bench that wins it. 

Penalty was soft as fuck but the Denmark goal came from a free kick where everyone was all over each other and we had a couple of other penalty shouts that were 50/50 (the Kane one especially) so I don't think the Danes were conned.

What a night, am hungover as fuck but nothing gonna get me down today - buzzing off my tits!

• Like 1
  • Crab 1