The Official Football Topic

Cuth

7 minutes ago, raw_sounds said:

Im from South America and you're right, are you guys watching Copa América? Emiliano Martínez Argentina's keeper was a jerk during penaty shootouts insulting colombians even saying "Cagón" wich means wuss, shitter. No yellow card for him, not a thing.

Shame for the penalty, England didnt need that help to win. Wonderfull team but Italy has great defense and punch

yeah I mean you hear about refs being shot and stuff in Columbia or Argentina i think? 

EDIT: was in argentina https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2616950-ref-cesar-flores-shot-dead-by-player-after-red-card-in-argentinian-football-game

I did see that incident - players are doing stuff like that every game though, you just can't hear it. Arnautovic was a dick in the first round of games and its been forgotten about. 

I've been following the results and watching the highlights - final will be very volatile i think - both teams hate eachother. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Roux said:

yeah I mean you hear about refs being shot and stuff in Columbia or Argentina i think? 

EDIT: was in argentina https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2616950-ref-cesar-flores-shot-dead-by-player-after-red-card-in-argentinian-football-game

I did see that incident - players are doing stuff like that every game though, you just can't hear it. Arnautovic was a dick in the first round of games and its been forgotten about. 

I've been following the results and watching the highlights - final will be very volatile i think - both teams hate eachother. 

Yeah the mental part of the game Is crucial, and fans are a big part of it

Here in South America we are kinda embarrased about the comparison with your Eurocope, you have better fields, have fans in the stadiums, we still without audience so we can actually hear those insults and stuff. Except for a few games, we pale in comparison

Our only hope Is Brasil and Argentina giving a unforgettable final, well as you say, they do hate each other and Messi Is playing great, Brasil has a lot of chance to win as well

32 minutes ago, raw_sounds said:

Yeah the mental part of the game Is crucial, and fans are a big part of it

Here in South America we are kinda embarrased about the comparison with your Eurocope, you have better fields, have fans in the stadiums, we still without audience so we can actually hear those insults and stuff. Except for a few games, we pale in comparison

Our only hope Is Brasil and Argentina giving a unforgettable final, well as you say, they do hate each other and Messi Is playing great, Brasil has a lot of chance to win as well

Yeah i've heard its really violent out there - for the most part, Europe and definitely England is relatively safe and well behaved - police/stewards and ambulances everywhere watching over games. Of course stuff happens just like in other countries. But, that person above has no idea what he/she is talking about - completely out of touch with reality. 

• Like 1

We were enemies today, but England is always my second team, congrats for the great played tournament.
I have to say the Italian team made me really proud though. Getting this far without a proper striker and beating the likes of Belgium, Spain and England (at Wembley too) after failing to qualify for the 2018 World Cup is a magnificent achievement. I'm very very happy for our coach Mancio.

Italy still needs to solve their striker problem and now find a long term replacement for Chiellini and Bonucci. That's Mancio's goal before the World Cup I think.

*Now tipsy tipsy me goes to bed screaming FORZA ITALIA! WE DID IT 💙🇮🇹*

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Italy deserved it - best team in the tournament. England played brilliantly in the first half - and the the second half just fell apart, this is where the ultra defensive approach just doesn't work. Italy had Chiesa running rampant, and we have two versions of Chiesa sitting on the bench for most of the game in Grealish and Sancho. Southgate just didn't utilise two of the best players in the world right now and it left Kane completely anonymous for most of the tournament.

This young team has alot to be proud of - on to the World Cup! 

16 hours ago, Depf said:

I can link you to the sharp rise in right wing ideology/violence in your country as well. No country is perfect. To be honest, I'm more disappointed you didn't link the photo of the bloke with the lit flare up his arse.  

Care to challenge my point where I linked you to a video of German fans booing our national anthem in a friendly? considering you were so outraged when we did it...you disappeared fairly sharply after that was linked I noticed. 

Either way, it's clear you don't actually watch football so will see you in here at the end of 2021 when the World Cup in Qatar kicks off. Have a nice 18 months! 

I'll probably be back for the World Cup because I mainly follow Serie A, but it's crazy to see that everyone's already looking forward to the World Cup.

Even though I know that I am totally deluding myself, I am just so excited to see my Roma with Mourinho. I know it will end in tears, the football will be dull, and he'll probably palm off any decent youth, but right now he seems to be building a squad not instantly (like he used to do) but progressively, so I guess we'll see. 

There's a chance serie A will be a little more exciting this season. We have Inzaghi taking over at Inter, Spalletti's Napoli, Sarri and Allegri returning to their old teams, and, living in Tuscany, everyone is pissed because Fiorentina have been a bit of a mess for years, so I can't wait to see if Italiano will do something good for them. 

- end of the calcio rant 

12 hours ago, Elisa said:

I'll probably be back for the World Cup because I mainly follow Serie A, but it's crazy to see that everyone's already looking forward to the World Cup.

Even though I know that I am totally deluding myself, I am just so excited to see my Roma with Mourinho. I know it will end in tears, the football will be dull, and he'll probably palm off any decent youth, but right now he seems to be building a squad not instantly (like he used to do) but progressively, so I guess we'll see. 

There's a chance serie A will be a little more exciting this season. We have Inzaghi taking over at Inter, Spalletti's Napoli, Sarri and Allegri returning to their old teams, and, living in Tuscany, everyone is pissed because Fiorentina have been a bit of a mess for years, so I can't wait to see if Italiano will do something good for them. 

- end of the calcio rant 

You should keep posting for sure, I watch a bit of Serie A and always at least catch the highlights and keep up with what is going on. 

I know it had his proper glory days back in the 90's but I honestly think it's my second favourite league in the world now. 

And I think you're exactly right with Jose, my prediction is a top 4 finish and a decent cup run (maybe even a win in first season) then the wheels come off in season 2 and he gets sacked. Not a particularly astute prediction I know and maybe a change of league will do him the world of good. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Elisa said:

- end of the calcio rant 

Keep posting. What team do you follow? 

3 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

You should keep posting for sure, I watch a bit of Serie A and always at least catch the highlights and keep up with what is going on. 

I know it had his proper glory days back in the 90's but I honestly think it's my second favourite league in the world now. 

And I think you're exactly right with Jose, my prediction is a top 4 finish and a decent cup run (maybe even a win in first season) then the wheels come off in season 2 and he gets sacked. Not a particularly astute prediction I know and maybe a change of league will do him the world of good. 

yeah, I say let's give him a chance what else do we have to lose at this point. Personality & mentality wise Mourinho is everything this club needed, then we’ll see if he can bring results too, but for once I'm excited and the next season is always going to be in the back of my head.

2 hours ago, Scott. said:

Keep posting. What team do you follow? 

AS Roma ever since I was little, even though everyone here in Tuscany is either for Fiorentina or Juve. Our early 2000s team was just a joy to watch, now with Mourinho and a few more signings, I just hope this could be the team that finally brings some kind of life to Roma.
Unfortunately I don't follow the premier league so closely, but I try keep up as much as I can. 

9 minutes ago, Elisa said:

yeah, I say let's give him a chance what else do we have to lose at this point. Personality & mentality wise Mourinho is everything this club needed, then we’ll see if he can bring results too, but for once I'm excited and the next season is always going to be in the back of my head.

Guess only time will tell.

Issue with Jose is that when things start to not go his way, he throws his toys out the pram, starts blaming everyone other than himself and then just hits the self destruct button. 

I can't see it ending well if I'm completely honest but I'm sure there will be some great highs as there always is with him. Can him masterminding some classic Jose wins against the likes of Juve/Inter/AC. 

• Like 1