The Official Football Topic

Cuth

15 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Guess only time will tell.

Issue with Jose is that when things start to not go his way, he throws his toys out the pram, starts blaming everyone other than himself and then just hits the self destruct button. 

I can't see it ending well if I'm completely honest but I'm sure there will be some great highs as there always is with him. Can him masterminding some classic Jose wins against the likes of Juve/Inter/AC. 

That would be good enough haha we're going to have to come back to this post next year because I'm sure this is what's going to happen. 
Roma can't spend the way his past clubs have done though, so I hope he can do something with what he has, and I hope he's done of egoistic players/setup at this point. If he just wants to coach players who are eager to learn, then maybe things will be good for a while. 

Yeah had a feeling it was Roma, you told me before. There’s a couple of big chips shops not far from me called Roma fish bar and they’re massive Roma fans obviously. They have a big house in the middle of the town with brick work that spells out ROMA 😂 fucking loads of Italians in Wales. @Elisa

• Love 1

Haha I love this! Italians are all the same when it comes to football and food. Incidentally, there is a fish bar/restaurant completely dedicated to Manchester United in Livorno (a little city by the sea, not too far from me, I'm sure you've heard of their own football team Livorno FC in the past). @Scott.

I’m not 100% sure on how to play it properly tbh. There must be a knack to it. When to use those booster things and teams to pick. Are you meant to have a strong ish bench? Or just cheap players? Do you spend most the cash on attack or midfield. I normally play the  Sun dream team every year, about 250 of us in a local league 

2 hours ago, prankerd14 said:

If varane is so good why is he going united for 40 mill? Why isnt man city poaching? 

Only got a year left on his contract.

City also have Dias and Stones as first choice as well as Laporte who is also very good, that's as well as Ake. 

I think City could probably rather use that £40m towards getting a striker than a top centre back that they don't really need who is going to want to play every week.

Lol Varane hasn't been that good for years now. He peaked early. I don't know if he can peak again under a new challenge but he hasn't been that good and wanted to leave again in 2019 but Zidane kept him. So it's a win/win for Madrid and United. 

Also pandemic wise Madrid is in a much better position than almost any other club with the finances. The only problem is the Premier League money that no one can compete with. 

As far as Madrid is concerned Militao was excellent last year, Alaba is world class and Nacho is extremely good to be a 3rd option. So while it hurts to see Varane and Ramos leave in a summer it's the right move. 

10 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

Any truth in the £400k a week rumours? that is an obscene wage if true and is surely going to make players like Fernandes look for a better contract?

8 hours ago, petros said:

Lol Varane hasn't been that good for years now. He peaked early. I don't know if he can peak again under a new challenge but he hasn't been that good and wanted to leave again in 2019 but Zidane kept him. So it's a win/win for Madrid and United. 

Also pandemic wise Madrid is in a much better position than almost any other club with the finances. The only problem is the Premier League money that no one can compete with. 

As far as Madrid is concerned Militao was excellent last year, Alaba is world class and Nacho is extremely good to be a 3rd option. So while it hurts to see Varane and Ramos leave in a summer it's the right move. 

i don't know about a win for Madrid  - a world class defender, who has been a staple in your defence for 10 years leaves for £35m. 

Militao has hardly played since joining.

Madrid are going all in for Mbappe and this has pissed many players off i think, along with a ageing squad -its not looking good.

Madrid seem to want to risk putting all their eggs in one basket with Mbappe. 

Spent so poorly in recent years on players who aren't fit to replace the ageing squad they have. Who decided it was a good idea to pay well over £100m for a nearly 29 year old Eden Hazard with one year left on his deal?

All that money on Vinicius Junior and Rodrygo as well, sure they're still young but will they ever be good enough? I'm not so sure. 

Also, are there any plans to replace any of your ageing central midfield options?

Lost both first choice centre backs, all seems like a bit of a mess from an outsiders perspective to be honest...