The Official Football Topic

Cuth

4 hours ago, Roux said:

Militao has hardly played since joining.

He played a lot last year and he was excellent really. Since January Ramos only played like 3 games or something. Militao was the best defender in the team last year. Now will this continue by pairing him with Alaba or Nacho or whatever? I don't know.

4 hours ago, Roux said:

Madrid are going all in for Mbappe and this has pissed many players off i think, along with a ageing squad -its not looking good.

9 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Lost both first choice centre backs, all seems like a bit of a mess from an outsiders perspective to be honest...

At the end of the day Madrid tried to extend both the players and they decided they either needed a new challenge or to be greedy. So what can you do if a player doesn't want to stay? It's the same case with Odegaard reports now coming out of him wanting to return to Arsenal. You don't want to keep a player that doesn't want to stay.

12 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Spent so poorly in recent years on players who aren't fit to replace the ageing squad they have. Who decided it was a good idea to pay well over £100m for a nearly 29 year old Eden Hazard with one year left on his deal?

That transfer really backfired. Who would have thought though? Hazard had no injuries in his whole career and now he's basically a former player.

10 minutes ago, petros said:

He played a lot last year and he was excellent really. Since January Ramos only played like 3 games or something. Militao was the best defender in the team last year. Now will this continue by pairing him with Alaba or Nacho or whatever? I don't know.

At the end of the day Madrid tried to extend both the players and they decided they either needed a new challenge or to be greedy. So what can you do if a player doesn't want to stay? It's the same case with Odegaard reports now coming out of him wanting to return to Arsenal. You don't want to keep a player that doesn't want to stay.

That transfer really backfired. Who would have thought though? Hazard had no injuries in his whole career and now he's basically a former player.

14 league games / 20 overall is hardly alot - the season before wasn't much better. He has big shoes to fill - lets see how he does for 60 games. 

There isn't much you can do in that situation - which is why i said its not really a win for Madrid like you said, they lost both highly influential, world class players in return for £35m. 

Barca are in the same boat regarding debt and wages etc, but they seem to be building a very good side now - especially if they get Saul. I'd much rather be in their position than Madrid ageing team with not as much talent as Barca have. 

100m for Grealish is fucking hilarious let’s be honest. I rate Jack but the hype around him is fucking crazy. Does he even improve city? Honestly think about it. Is he better or does he have more output than Sterling/Mahrez etc I don’t think so. I’m not worried about that signing in the slightest. Now if they were to sign haland or kane everyone else may as well not field a team

1 hour ago, Scott. said:

100m for Grealish is fucking hilarious let’s be honest. I rate Jack but the hype around him is fucking crazy. Does he even improve city? Honestly think about it. Is he better or does he have more output than Sterling/Mahrez etc I don’t think so. I’m not worried about that signing in the slightest. Now if they were to sign haland or kane everyone else may as well not field a team

Yeah its alot more that i thought it would be - they will have to sell heavily now. I wonder who he'll replace in the side - Sterling plays in this position.

He deserved a big move though - great player. 

Villa are building some side now - Bailey has just joined them as the Grealish replacement. 100m in this climate is an absolute must to sell - especially for a club their side. 

On 8/3/2021 at 12:54 PM, ...Dan... said:

Usual pre season nerves for me.

Our squad is tiny and we need numbers in if we're going to be able to compete in Europe and domestically. 

Areola from PSG on loan is a good signing but we need more depth in defence, midfield and attack. 

This fantasy football malarkey , are you meant to have a strong bench? I have no idea how this works? Are you meant to go for cheap options?

2 hours ago, Scott. said:

This fantasy football malarkey , are you meant to have a strong bench? I have no idea how this works? Are you meant to go for cheap options?

I tend to have a cheapish bench of players I know will at least play, do a bit of research online and you will find good bench fodder for like £4.0-£5.0m that will get minutes every week. 

E.g. I have got Daniel Amartey in my team after he played well against City and with Fofana injured he will likely play a lot more, he is only £4.0m.

On 8/11/2021 at 11:43 AM, Roux said:

its a sad day when a player like Messi is forced to join a farmers league. FFP is really starting to have an affect.

Real are fucked

Inter are fucked

Barca are fucked

You really shouldn't put Madrid in the same category as those completely finished financially teams.

21 hours ago, petros said:

You really shouldn't put Madrid in the same category as those completely finished financially teams.

A billion in debt and wanted the super league the most because of it lol of course your in financial trouble, 🙄  no chance madrid get anyone of mbappes worth now for years!