The Official Football Topic

Cuth

I don’t know tbh Dan, we need a RB because Bissaka is fucking abysmal. So wouldn’t mind Trippier coming in and lots of talk of Camavinga, apparently Ole and the staff absolutely love him but he’d rather a move to Spain. Don’t even think he’s a DM though is he. Another one for cheap would be neves at wolves but I personally think he’s overrated. I don’t know why United can’t do a deal with West Ham for rice, we know you want Lingard so offer Lingard and 60m or something, it’ll probably get turned down but at least fucking try. Who else is out there? 

1 hour ago, Scott. said:

I don’t know tbh Dan, we need a RB because Bissaka is fucking abysmal. So wouldn’t mind Trippier coming in and lots of talk of Camavinga, apparently Ole and the staff absolutely love him but he’d rather a move to Spain. Don’t even think he’s a DM though is he. Another one for cheap would be neves at wolves but I personally think he’s overrated. I don’t know why United can’t do a deal with West Ham for rice, we know you want Lingard so offer Lingard and 60m or something, it’ll probably get turned down but at least fucking try. Who else is out there? 

I also don't rate Neves that highly, I can't act like I watch him every week but when I do he looks slow and doesn't really get around the pitch, he isn't the best defensively either - you've already got Pogba and Fernandes who can spray the ball about as well (which is his main quality) so don't see where he really fits, oh he will score you one screamer every 2 years - but yeah that's about it. 

I reckon £60m + Lingard would make Gold and Sullivan consider tbh although knowing those two greedy bastards, they'd rather just have the cash. 

Bissuoma maybe an option? he's young and is a more traditional DM who can get around the pitch. Maybe Ndidi too? but he'd also cost a Kings ransom.

Shame for AWB, he is much more suited to a team who has to defend all the time because that's when he really shows his quality - at Man United his lack of quality going forward is really exposed, he was abysmal in the final third at points yesterday. Bad touches, bad passes and loads of turning backwards.

Very weird unconventional team Ole played and it backfired. Harry Maguire is full of mistakes - soo poor.

On the plus side - Sancho looks good and Greenwood is back to his best. 

Rice just simply isn't good enough on the ball or creating - no point signing another Mctominay. We need a creator (like Carrick)- and Neves is that type of player - its a no brainer for £30m, he's only 24 - was brilliant against Spurs yesterday. 

Nice to see Chong become the Championship Messi!

3 hours ago, Roux said:

Very weird unconventional team Ole played and it backfired. Harry Maguire is full of mistakes - soo poor.

On the plus side - Sancho looks good and Greenwood is back to his best. 

Rice just simply isn't good enough on the ball or creating - no point signing another Mctominay. We need a creator (like Carrick)- and Neves is that type of player - its a no brainer for £30m, he's only 24 - was brilliant against Spurs yesterday. 

Nice to see Chong become the Championship Messi!

If you think Rice is the same sort of player as McTominay it shows how little you watch him. 

He is good on the ball, a lot better than you give him credit for at least and can carry it well too.

Also, you wouldn't be signing him to be a creator, you need someone who can hold and break up play - leave the spraying balls about to Bruno and Pogba.

You need someone in there much more mobile and better defensively than Neves in my opinion.

Either way, he is staying by the looks of things anyway - maybe you'll get lucky next summer

1 hour ago, ...Dan... said:

If you think Rice is the same sort of player as McTominay it shows how little you watch him. 

He is good on the ball, a lot better than you give him credit for at least and can carry it well too.

Also, you wouldn't be signing him to be a creator, you need someone who can hold and break up play - leave the spraying balls about to Bruno and Pogba.

You need someone in there much more mobile and better defensively than Neves in my opinion.

Either way, he is staying by the looks of things anyway - maybe you'll get lucky next summer

No you just have you West Ham glasses on again - they are identical in style and how they carry the ball. There are only a million articles/people comparing the two. But yeah - i don't watch him apparently. ha

I'd say Rice has slightly better feet, but Scott is more aggressive. Either way they are very very similar in how they play - your classic old school British midfielder imo. 

No we need a dictator - just like Pirlo/Carrick - which is why Neves is on the list, he's in that mould. As last season showed - we struggle to break down teams who park the bus - buying someone to break up play adds nothing to solve that - we already have 3 similar players who do that... that's just my opinion, if they wanted a midfield destroyer they would have picked up Bissouma by now.

He's staying because nobody wants him - not even a bid. He'll wait until he's in the last year of his contract or hope West Ham drop their value in half or more. 

2 hours ago, Roux said:

No you just have you West Ham glasses on again - they are identical in style and how they carry the ball. There are only a million articles/people comparing the two. But yeah - i don't watch him apparently. ha

I'd say Rice has slightly better feet, but Scott is more aggressive. Either way they are very very similar in how they play - your classic old school British midfielder imo. 

No we need a dictator - just like Pirlo/Carrick - which is why Neves is on the list, he's in that mould. As last season showed - we struggle to break down teams who park the bus - buying someone to break up play adds nothing to solve that - we already have 3 similar players who do that... that's just my opinion, if they wanted a midfield destroyer they would have picked up Bissouma by now.

He's staying because nobody wants him - not even a bid. He'll wait until he's in the last year of his contract or hope West Ham drop their value in half or more. 

We are all slightly biased aren't we? I would say you have your Man United tinted glasses on when you say Rice wouldn't get in the team over Fred. Also every team in the league would take Rice given the chance, we've just priced him out of a move by putting a huge price tag on his head. Neves isn't fit to lace Deccers boots, that's why he is available for £30-35m.

Either way...great performance tonight.

Whole team was superb, especially Antonio and Benrahma who looks a completely different animal this season. 

6 points, 8 goals scored and top of the league - dream start to the season, our squad is thin but our first 11 are class.

11 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

We are all slightly biased aren't we? I would say you have your Man United tinted glasses on when you say Rice wouldn't get in the team over Fred. Also every team in the league would take Rice given the chance, we've just priced him out of a move by putting a huge price tag on his head. Neves isn't fit to lace Deccers boots, that's why he is available for £30-35m.

We are - but objectively - I just don't think he brings anything different to what we already have - Neves certainly does.

urm maybe as a backup sure... Can't see him getting into the teams over what they already have of City (Rodri), PSG (Verratti) , Barca (Busquets), Real Casemiro, Chelsea (Kante), Bayern (Goretzka), Dortmund (Bellingham), Juve (Bentacur), A.Madrid (Koke), Inter (Brozovic), United (McTominay) Liverpool (Fabinho), Spurs (Hojbjerg) Leicester (Ndiidi)...

I'd say Rice is in the same bracket as a couple of these player - McTominay and Hojbjerg maybe? - but most of them are better all round DM's than Rice. 

No he's £30m because he's not another overhyped English player. We want a Pirlo not a Lee Bowyer. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Scott. said:

West Ham were great last night. Antonio is like a mini Lukaku, unplayable last night. 

I'm in love with our team at the minute mate.

Antonio in that form is unplayable. 

Soucek and Rice are up there with the best central midfield partnerships in the league.

Cresswell and Coufal are great at getting up and down the pitch.

Benrahma looks so hungry and ready to cut it as this level now as well. 

We def need a couple more faces through the door in order to compete in the league and Europe but it sure is exciting times at the moment. 

25 minutes ago, Roux said:

We are - but objectively - I just don't think he brings anything different to what we already have - Neves certainly does.

urm maybe as a backup sure... Can't see him getting into the teams over what they already have of City (Rodri), PSG (Verratti) , Barca (Busquets), Real Casemiro, Chelsea (Kante), Bayern (Goretzka), Dortmund (Bellingham), Juve (Bentacur), A.Madrid (Koke), Inter (Brozovic), United (McTominay) Liverpool (Fabinho), Spurs (Hojbjerg) Leicester (Ndiidi)...

I'd say Rice is in the same bracket as a couple of these player - McTominay and Hojbjerg maybe? - but most of them are better all round DM's than Rice. 

No he's £30m because he's not another overhyped English player. We want a Pirlo not a Lee Bowyer. 

Troll post, not even dignifying this with a proper response.

Just now, ...Dan... said:

Sorry, can't hear you from all the way down in 6th.

Rice running the game and Fred scoring own goals/running around like a headless chicken, says it all. 

i love these replies - 40 odd years of winning fuck all means you have to settle for the little things in life. 

57 minutes ago, Roux said:

i love these replies - 40 odd years of winning fuck all means you have to settle for the little things in life. 

Very true.

Be careful though, 4 years since you won a trophy, close to a decade since your last league title - those years soon slip by...

All the money you've spent, anything other than a real genuine title challenge and a major trophy of some kind has to be considered failure this season. 

3 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Very true.

Be careful though, 4 years since you won a trophy, close to a decade since your last league title - those years soon slip by...

All the money you've spent, anything other than a real genuine title challenge and a major trophy of some kind has to be considered failure this season. 

agree - every season we don't win something is a failure imo.

But the last 2 seasons have been a drastic improvement - can't imagine we're too far away from a trophy. 

2 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

I'm in love with our team at the minute mate.

Antonio in that form is unplayable. 

Soucek and Rice are up there with the best central midfield partnerships in the league.

Cresswell and Coufal are great at getting up and down the pitch.

Benrahma looks so hungry and ready to cut it as this level now as well. 

We def need a couple more faces through the door in order to compete in the league and Europe but it sure is exciting times at the moment. 

Yeah I put Benrahma in my sun dream team and he’s been brilliant for me so far, he had a good preseason and with no Lingard I fancied him to shine. I watched him quite a bit for Brentford as I keep a good eye on the championship because of the Swans and he was head and shoulders above everyone in the league but I thought his finishing was poor but hasn’t put a foot wrong so far.

I have to say Coufal is some find, he’s levels above Bissaka, I cannot believe we paid 50m for that useless cunt. All he can do is slide tackle that’s it. 

51 minutes ago, Scott. said:

I have to say Coufal is some find, he’s levels above Bissaka, I cannot believe we paid 50m for that useless cunt. All he can do is slide tackle that’s it. 

£20m for him and Soucek is unreal business. Fans absolutely love them both, work their nuts off every second of every game and also have quality. 

14 goals in 55 from central midfield with no free kicks or pens is some record, especially for a team that isn't one of the big six. 

Talk of getting Kurt Zouma in but supposedly his wages are the issue, not sure how I feel about getting him in - we def need a centre back though. 

Looks like Saul and Kounde going to Chelsea and Kane/Ronaldo to City. If Ronaldo goes to city he’s fucking dead to me and football can fuck off. 

Really says something when the League Winners and European runners up and blowing 200m+ on Grealish/Kane/Ronaldo and the European champions are signing Lukaku/Saul/Kounde where as United have signed Sancho who was last seasons signing and varane on the cheap. I’m not sure how we’re meant to close the gap or even compete with the two corrupt oil clubs tbh. Someone hold me