The Official Football Topic

Cuth

I like Cristiano in general and I prefer a move to United way more than one in City which would look very hypocritical imo.

It's still very funny to watch United fans calling this Cristiano coming home after he demanded to leave at 23 to play his best football until 32 in Madrid and even now if you watched the news closely at first he wanted to go to PSG but they got Messi, then tried to reach back to Madrid and found the door close, and now after all the shitstorm with City came back as a last option to United. 

I guess that's the difference. Madrid is going after 23 year old Cristiano and  Mbappe while others are good with 35 year old Cristiano, Messi and Ramos. 

10 hours ago, petros said:

I like Cristiano in general and I prefer a move to United way more than one in City which would look very hypocritical imo.

It's still very funny to watch United fans calling this Cristiano coming home after he demanded to leave at 23 to play his best football until 32 in Madrid and even now if you watched the news closely at first he wanted to go to PSG but they got Messi, then tried to reach back to Madrid and found the door close, and now after all the shitstorm with City came back as a last option to United. 

I guess that's the difference. Madrid is going after 23 year old Cristiano and  Mbappe while others are good with 35 year old Cristiano, Messi and Ramos. 

What i dont get is madrid are 1 billion in debt yet think they can buy mbappe for 180 million lol, no1 turns down messi lol and ronaldo would still make madrid better than what they are ...

5 hours ago, prankerd14 said:

What i dont get is madrid are 1 billion in debt yet think they can buy mbappe for 180 million lol, no1 turns down messi lol and ronaldo would still make madrid better than what they are ...

What I don't get is how you get the information about madrid being in such a shit hole economically. You can do your research and see that this is not the truth. 

1 hour ago, petros said:

What I don't get is how you get the information about madrid being in such a shit hole economically. You can do your research and see that this is not the truth. 

Perez said it himself. 1bn in debt is common knowledge

1 hour ago, petros said:

To be honest, from reading up a bit more - I think you might be right, the debt is certainly a lot more manageable than a lot of clubs.

Seems like it is similar to Man United and their debt, in the way there is a lot of it but it's being managed properly. As opposed to Barca who are completely in shit.

Either way, paying that sort of money for Mbappe is absurd. On Football Weekly podcast I heard a theory that Real Madrid don't want the bid to be accepted which is why they are delib paying just below the asking price, they just want to be able to say to Mbappe in six months time when he can sign a precontract agreement 'look how hard we tried to sign you, we were willing to pay all that money for you when you only had a year left on your deal, no one else did that!' 

PSG should just accept the bid and call Perez's bluff, be interested if he follows through and pays the money

42 minutes ago, Roux said:

Perez said it himself. 1bn in debt is common knowledge

No its not. 

13 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

To be honest, from reading up a bit more - I think you might be right, the debt is certainly a lot more manageable than a lot of clubs.

Seems like it is similar to Man United and their debt, in the way there is a lot of it but it's being managed properly. As opposed to Barca who are completely in shit.

Either way, paying that sort of money for Mbappe is absurd. On Football Weekly podcast I heard a theory that Real Madrid don't want the bid to be accepted which is why they are delib paying just below the asking price, they just want to be able to say to Mbappe in six months time when he can sign a precontract agreement 'look how hard we tried to sign you, we were willing to pay all that money for you when you only had a year left on your deal, no one else did that!' 

PSG should just accept the bid and call Perez's bluff, be interested if he follows through and pays the money

Yeah I've seen a lot of British sources putting Madrid in the same boat as barca but that's definitely not the case. 

Anyways I get the bluff point and it might be valid but the funds for Mbappe have been ready for this exact moment for years now. Look how much money Madrid made from transfers in the last years and they didn't spend any of that. The only summer madrid spent money in the last 5 years was the one they brought Hazard, Mendy and Jovic on. 

1 hour ago, petros said:

No its not. 

Took 30secs to google - most of these are non-British from the last 6 months:

Its definitely manageable from what I've read - and not a bad as Barca's - but even you admit its affected their spending - so why blow it all on one player when the rest of the squad is over 30 years old? Players taking pay cuts too, that's kinda serve...

https://lastwordonsports.com/football/2021/04/22/real-madrid-barcelona-debts/

"Real Madrid’s debts are now standing at €901 million. The club is now attempting to claw back lost revenue."

https://www.sportbible.com/football/fails-real-madrid-reveal-gross-debt-is-up-to-901-million-20210128

"Real Madrid's gross debt has risen to €901 million, in the club's latest figures, leaving them just behind rivals Barcelona in huge debt."

https://www.sport.es/en/news/real-madrid/real-madrids-gross-debt-rises-to-901-million-around-200m-less-than-barca-11480264

"In summary, Madrid's gross debt is 901 million euros and Barcelona's has risen 1.173 billion euros."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/04/21/super-league-soccer-covid/

"Real Madrid’s gross debt is now reportedly over $1 billion"

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/real-madrid-president-perez-needs-to-live-within-his-means-after-/pt5tjk35j60k19i9klnyz7g20

"Los Blancos have around €900m (£785m/$1 billion) of gross debt, putting them in a position nearly as bad as Barcelona"

https://sqaf.club/how-is-real-madrid-funded/

"They also owe staff debts of €122 million, and tax debts and tax creditor debts of €31 million each."

1 hour ago, Roux said:

Took 30secs to google - most of these are non-British from the last 6 months:

Its definitely manageable from what I've read - and not a bad as Barca's - but even you admit its affected their spending - so why blow it all on one player when the rest of the squad is over 30 years old? Players taking pay cuts too, that's kinda serve...

Every team is "in dept" one way or another this doesn't mean much. Have you seen the projected revenue of the new Bernabeu? 

Madrid actually closed last year on the positive side 

https://www.realmadrid.com/en/news/2021/07/14/real-madrid-c-f-closes-the-2020/21-financial-year-with-a-positive-result-of-874000-euros

57 minutes ago, petros said:

Every team is "in dept" one way or another this doesn't mean much. Have you seen the projected revenue of the new Bernabeu? 

Madrid actually closed last year on the positive side 

https://www.realmadrid.com/en/news/2021/07/14/real-madrid-c-f-closes-the-2020/21-financial-year-with-a-positive-result-of-874000-euros

i mean that's not true at all... Bayern, Dortmund, Aston Villa, off the top of my head are debt-free. 

You're acting like it hasn't had an impact on your club - but it clearly has

2 hours ago, Roux said:

i mean that's not true at all... Bayern, Dortmund, Aston Villa, off the top of my head are debt-free. 

You're acting like it hasn't had an impact on your club - but it clearly has

Nah man I never meant that. I just replied to posts comparing Madrid to inter and barca. This situation has had an impact on all teams in the world besides the two that don't follow any rules City and PSG. 

9 hours ago, petros said:

Nah man I never meant that. I just replied to posts comparing Madrid to inter and barca. This situation has had an impact on all teams in the world besides the two that don't follow any rules City and PSG. 

Fair enough. Lets see if the Mbappe thing is just a front - but PSG would be crazy not to accept it - if it is real of course. 

Played poorly in the second half yesterday and a draw was the fair result.

Have to look at the bigger picture though, 7 points out of 9 is a great start, just funny how we dropped points in our easiest game on paper. 

Antonio is an absolute monster this season - just praying he can stay fit.

Our Europa League draw is decent too, can't believe we are 2nd/3rd favourites to win it with most bookmakers as it stands haha.