The Official Football Topic

Cuth

26 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Yes and Yes. He’ll be a united player next summer I’ll put my house on it

How you know he loves Rice?

And yeah it wouldn't surprise me, sounds like he's not gonna sign a new deal with us and the Dildo bros aren't the sort to let an asset like him depreciate. 

Exactly the player you need as well, think that'll become more apparent as the season goes on and you play some of the top teams. 

10 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

How you know he loves Rice?

And yeah it wouldn't surprise me, sounds like he's not gonna sign a new deal with us and the Dildo bros aren't the sort to let an asset like him depreciate. 

Exactly the player you need as well, think that'll become more apparent as the season goes on and you play some of the top teams. 

The reliable journos all say the coaching staff love him. I can’t link you but I’ve defo seen it a few times recently. 

• 2 weeks later...

Oh yeah. He was immense yesterday. The tap in was a proper centre forwards goal. The second was a great run, showed great pace and just hit the target which he did. Bruno’s goal was a stunner. Lingard brilliant too. I wonder does Lingard deserve a start over Sancho?

18 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Oh yeah. He was immense yesterday. The tap in was a proper centre forwards goal. The second was a great run, showed great pace and just hit the target which he did. Bruno’s goal was a stunner. Lingard brilliant too. I wonder does Lingard deserve a start over Sancho?

I think Sancho is just finding his feet - thought he was much better yesterday, he likes to stay wide which i think we really need. The problem with Lingard is he's more effective centrally. 

Can you imagine if they get Martial, Rashford, Cavani, Lingard, Sancho going with goals on top of Bruno/Ronaldo. 

I didn't think we played well though - very slow and playing too safe. Pogba was outstanding though - 7 assists in 4 games now. 

Things you love to see on a Sunday evening! I still can't believe we are a Mourinho team now, we haven't had this team identity in years. I know that we didn't play a great game tonight but I'm loving this Roma. And when you see Mourinho sprinting across the pitch like that, how can't you love him? 

5 hours ago, Elisa said:

Things you love to see on a Sunday evening! I still can't believe we are a Mourinho team now, we haven't had this team identity in years. I know that we didn't play a great game tonight but I'm loving this Roma. And when you see Mourinho sprinting across the pitch like that, how can't you love him? 

Give it time 😂

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Elisa said:

With juventus having just 1 point from 4 games and inter losing lukaku! Roma must have a big chance for champions league spots this year and even dare i say it the title! When is spinazola back?

14 minutes ago, prankerd14 said:

With juventus having just 1 point from 4 games and inter losing lukaku! Roma must have a big chance for champions league spots this year and even dare i say it the title! When is spinazola back?

I think we are still a big work in progress. Mainly from a defensive standpoint. We need to be better on the backend if we want to clinch a UCL spot this season or let alone fight for the Scudetto.

Spinazzola should be back by December/January unfortunately, I'm sure as soon as he comes back that will significantly improve the side both on the offensive and defensive sides of the ball, but in the meantime we need to work on the midfield. We don't have a good DM and we can't get away with it all the time.