The Official Football Topic

Cuth

Unbelievable result yesterday, whole team worked their socks off and we hung on well for the result in the end, even if we did ride our luck at points.

Always knew Zouma was decent but he's one of those players who I didn't know how good he was until I saw him play week in/week out. I Didn't rate Fornals for ages but he's starting to really show his worth, as is Benrahma and Bowen. Cresswell should be in the England squad on current form but never gonna happen because he is 32 next month and Southgate is building for the future, which I do understand. 

This team is still far stronger than the sum of its parts though, the tune that Moyes is getting out of them is unreal at the moment - can tell the spirit is absolutely class in the dressing room too.

Surprised Moyes isn't being linked to replace OGS tbh...😏

So story in the paper today is that we’re trying out Sancho as a RWB. I’m lost for words honestly. We’ve chased this lad for over a year, paid 70m for him and then had him rotting on the bench for most the season and now we’re going to try him as a wing back. Honestly United are a circus. It’s getting to he point now where it seems intentional. How can a football club be so utterly fucking clueless? We’re being destroyed from within i’m convinced of it.   

What blows my mind most is that the Glazers are meant to be business men or whatever but don’t realise that if they put football people in charge of the football side of the club and not fucking accountants then we’d have some sort of plan of action and there would be no need to blow hundreds of millions on players that we don’t need or don’t work out and pay managers out of their contracts plus you’d keep the fans quiet. I don’t fucking get it. The only explanation is that their aim is to plunge the club into mediocrity and doing a very good job at it. Unless we strike it lucky with the next manager we’re absolutely fucked, we’ll sink further and further, players will look at the Sancho and Donny situation and think fuck that I’m not going there. How can this be allowed to happen to Manchester United? It’s fucking criminal. 

1 hour ago, Scott. said:

So story in the paper today is that we’re trying out Sancho as a RWB. I’m lost for words honestly. We’ve chased this lad for over a year, paid 70m for him and then had him rotting on the bench for most the season and now we’re going to try him as a wing back. Honestly United are a circus. It’s getting to he point now where it seems intentional. How can a football club be so utterly fucking clueless? We’re being destroyed from within i’m convinced of it.   

What blows my mind most is that the Glazers are meant to be business men or whatever but don’t realise that if they put football people in charge of the football side of the club and not fucking accountants then we’d have some sort of plan of action and there would be no need to blow hundreds of millions on players that we don’t need or don’t work out and pay managers out of their contracts plus you’d keep the fans quiet. I don’t fucking get it. The only explanation is that their aim is to plunge the club into mediocrity and doing a very good job at it. Unless we strike it lucky with the next manager we’re absolutely fucked, we’ll sink further and further, players will look at the Sancho and Donny situation and think fuck that I’m not going there. How can this be allowed to happen to Manchester United? It’s fucking criminal. 

We played 5 at the back against a team (City) with no strikers... something is very very wrong here, to me they are trying to stop leaking goals - but the system means nothing when Maguire and Shaw do stupid shit - which has been happening for the last 7/8 games now, yet they keep playing. I believe they will leave Ole in charge until a manager becomes available (so likely in the summer). Ole won't turn things around. I'd take Farke temporarily now until the end of the season - those Germans are good tactically. 

Glad we didn't pull the plug on Arteta after 3 games, especially when you take into account the COVID outbreak and not being able to field our strongest XI until after the first International break. 

Had doubts over both Ramsdale and White but both have been great last few weeks. My worry however is if Gabriel gets injured.

Liverpool game will be a massive test and I do think we will get battered, but it will be good to see how the players react to that.

Hope United don't sack Olé.

On 11/9/2021 at 7:25 PM, Roux said:

We played 5 at the back against a team (City) with no strikers... something is very very wrong here, to me they are trying to stop leaking goals - but the system means nothing when Maguire and Shaw do stupid shit - which has been happening for the last 7/8 games now, yet they keep playing. I believe they will leave Ole in charge until a manager becomes available (so likely in the summer). Ole won't turn things around. I'd take Farke temporarily now until the end of the season - those Germans are good tactically. 

I so fucking angry and sad at getting rid of him and especially the manner he went. And now it's looking like we're Frank fucking Lampard. Fuck me. 

6 hours ago, Rocky Braveheart said:

I so fucking angry and sad at getting rid of him and especially the manner he went. And now it's looking like we're Frank fucking Lampard. Fuck me. 

Yeah I was surprised - he's a very good manager, just working under alot of strain at Norwich in the hardest league in the world. You would know better, but i thought they were lucky to have him to be honest and did the best he could with what he had to work with. He'll have lots of offers from other clubs.  

1 hour ago, Roux said:

Yeah I was surprised - he's a very good manager, just working under alot of strain at Norwich in the hardest league in the world. You would know better, but i thought they were lucky to have him to be honest and did the best he could with what he had to work with. He'll have lots of offers from other clubs.  

Certainly lucky to have him, but when we got him we plucked him out of deepest darkest Germany so in that respect it wasn't so much luck as a calculated gamble, but such a massive breath of fresh air. Huge strain, especially when we got him, aging and overpaid squad, fuck all budget and on the brink of administration. Selling James Madison literally kept the club alive. 

Definitely going have some decent offers, will be horrible seeing him elsewhere, like a break up with that ex you really truly loved. The man absolutely bled yellow and green, completely and whole-heartedly bought into the club and the city itself.

I just don't know where go from here. Fat Frank has turned us down. Didn't want him anyway so that's good. But it's looking highly to be Dean Smith who to me, is no kind of upgrade on Farke. I'm hoping for Knutsen, but I think that's wishful thinking. But he'd suit what we've already built so far quite nicely. Understandably (and rightly) though, he wants to finish the season with Bodo/Glimt. 

14 hours ago, Rocky Braveheart said:

Certainly lucky to have him, but when we got him we plucked him out of deepest darkest Germany so in that respect it wasn't so much luck as a calculated gamble, but such a massive breath of fresh air. Huge strain, especially when we got him, aging and overpaid squad, fuck all budget and on the brink of administration. Selling James Madison literally kept the club alive. 

Definitely going have some decent offers, will be horrible seeing him elsewhere, like a break up with that ex you really truly loved. The man absolutely bled yellow and green, completely and whole-heartedly bought into the club and the city itself.

I just don't know where go from here. Fat Frank has turned us down. Didn't want him anyway so that's good. But it's looking highly to be Dean Smith who to me, is no kind of upgrade on Farke. I'm hoping for Knutsen, but I think that's wishful thinking. But he'd suit what we've already built so far quite nicely. Understandably (and rightly) though, he wants to finish the season with Bodo/Glimt. 

Yeah they will live to regret it for sure. There as was notable difference in how Norwich played when Farke came in - they looked organised and somewhat tactically clued up, just never had the players or investment to help Farke push on - too much reliance on Pukki etc. Dean Smith wouldn't be the worst appointment imo, he did a decent job at Villa.

On 11/13/2021 at 9:39 AM, Roux said:

Yeah they will live to regret it for sure. There as was notable difference in how Norwich played when Farke came in - they looked organised and somewhat tactically clued up, just never had the players or investment to help Farke push on - too much reliance on Pukki etc. Dean Smith wouldn't be the worst appointment imo, he did a decent job at Villa.

Of course we'll regret it. Especially since we've shown exactly zero ambition by hiring Dean Smith, who has done pretty much exactly the same as Farke this season, but with a budget of at least twice as much. He also had Buendia this season and managed to change him completely into a totally shit player. So you can imagine my excitement. of this appointment. 

6 hours ago, Rocky Braveheart said:

Of course we'll regret it. Especially since we've shown exactly zero ambition by hiring Dean Smith, who has done pretty much exactly the same as Farke this season, but with a budget of at least twice as much. He also had Buendia this season and managed to change him completely into a totally shit player. So you can imagine my excitement. of this appointment. 

yeah its not looking good, still a lots of game to go - but id be very surprised if he was able to keep them up. I don't think many managers would have been able to do what Farke did. Villa have gone back to old ways. 

On 8/4/2009 at 2:00 PM, ...Dan... said:

I disagree, amazing player few years back but I think his best years are behind him and Arsenal got very good money for a 28/29 year old.

...not that they will spend it on anyone other than maybe some french 17 year old for 600k, typical Wenger.

I'm just hoping Diaby can stay fit this season. So much potential.

• Love 1

Ole gone. About a month to late but what do you expect from these set of fucking clowns, we’ve just had a two week break where they could have got things in order but no no we’ll drag it out a bit more only to then sack him first game back. Honestly I can’t get over how bad our owners are. It’s almost as if it’s on purpose. They can’t be this bad? How are they successful business men? I can’t wrap my head around it. 

So now carrick is interim, but wait for it, we’ve now got an interim manager while the club look for another interim manager 😂 I mean fucking hell the club is hilarious isn’t it. I hope everyone is having a good fucking chuckle at these cunts. We’re fucking doomed for however long these yank cunts are here. 

The coaching staff better get the boot too that’s the reason why we’re so shit, if we hire a new manager and keep the same coaching staff nothing will change. Why are we looking for an interim? Just get a fucking manager in you cunts, we’re Manchester United ffs.