The Official Football Topic

Cuth

2 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

"well onside" is completely ridiculous...it was borderline for sure whatever way you look at it. Also your link is broken so not sure what image you're sharing, seen a million different ones floating around.  

It wasn't borderline - that would suggest it could have gone either way, its was clearly onside. The lines don't even touch or overlap. Took them only a few seconds to review it. The ones you've seen probably on twitter are hilariously some West ham fans who don't understand the rules or perspective ha. 

this is from VAR themselves:

Yeah he’s onside, seen some image on Twitter where some guy has got all the angles up to prove it was offside and the angles VAR are using are wrong, this only happens when it’s united. When United get a decision there’s debates about it just like the other week where they discussed for ages if Ramsey was blocking Cavani, any other team and it would have been brushed over. 

Donny to Palace on loan apparently, hope that happens, be interesting to see how he gets on. 

We seem to be blocking Lingard move to NUFC because we want a bigger loan fee. He’s leaving for free in 6 months ffs, just take what you can get and get his wages off the books for 6 months. I can’t wrap my head around this fucking club, they have no problem blowing money on transfers but arguing over a few million to get someone out the door.

Hoping we can get a midfielder in by Monday, why not take a punt on that Zakaria or whatever his name is. Talk of less than 10m, if he’s shit just move him on, it’s not really a gamble is it and we need a DM. Talks of Kamara and Haidara but how good are they? Gotta be wary now of these lads playing in farmer leagues. I’d rather stick and pay extra for players you know can play in England. Drop the fucking lot on Rice

8 minutes ago, Mr Blonde said:

Hoping we can get a midfielder in by Monday, why not take a punt on that Zakaria or whatever his name is. Talk of less than 10m, if he’s shit just move him on, it’s not really a gamble is it and we need a DM. Talks of Kamara and Haidara but how good are they? Gotta be wary now of these lads playing in farmer leagues. I’d rather stick and pay extra for players you know can play in England. Drop the fucking lot on Rice  Bellingham

Corrected it for you mate. Still, can't see why we would bring Rice in when we have McTominay - same player with similar abilities imo. We really need something different in midfield - Neves has been unreal for Wolves this season. How we are not in for Adama Traore for 20m is beyond me, he's a monster and would create soo much space for other players - and Rudiger, i'll love him with Varane. You could get Neves, Traore and Rudiger for less than Rice would cost and all 3 offer something different than what we have - just my opinion. 

Donny to Palace would be a great move - he needs to play, the club have really fucked him over. 

Rudiger is a monster. He’s way better than I thought and fucking rapid. 

I love Bellingham but is he a DM? We should sign him too. I really like Ramsey at Villa too, we should be looking to give Mejbri a go though soon and Garner who’s been good for Forest. 

I think Adama is shite tbh I think Conte will make him a class wing back though, you don’t need to defend well when you have blistering pace, you can never beat him, a bit like Kyle Walker, he’s like a fucking wasp. Can never shake the cunt off. 

Fullbacks i love the two lads at Brighton Cucurella and Lamptey. Think they’re both excellent. 

13 minutes ago, Mr Blonde said:

Rudiger is a monster. He’s way better than I thought and fucking rapid. 

I love Bellingham but is he a DM? We should sign him too. I really like Ramsey at Villa too, we should be looking to give Mejbri a go though soon and Garner who’s been good for Forest. 

I think Adama is shite tbh I think Conte will make him a class wing back though, you don’t need to defend well when you have blistering pace, you can never beat him, a bit like Kyle Walker, he’s like a fucking wasp. Can never shake the cunt off. 

Fullbacks i love the two lads at Brighton Cucurella and Lamptey. Think they’re both excellent. 

Bellingham can play as a DM or CM i believe. 

He's not great in an attacking sense, but the guy can take the ball from his own half, under pressure and be in the opposition box within a few seconds - its an unreal ability, and he can do that again and again. Yeah Conte will make him an absolute beast at RWB - he'll be a dream for Kane/Son. You need 3 players to mark the fuker, only 26 and built like a tank - you can't foul him.  Saint-Maximin is kind of similar too. 

Mejbri is special, haven't seen too much of Garner. 

As we've seen the last few games - we badly need players with high technical passing ability, none of them in the back 4 and midfield can keep the ball (apart from Varane). Pogba is the only player in midfield who offers something different i think. Look at City - all of them are excellent at short-range possession keeping. 

2 hours ago, Roux said:

Corrected it for you mate. Still, can't see why we would bring Rice in when we have McTominay - same player with similar abilities imo. We really need something different in midfield - Neves has been unreal for Wolves this season. How we are not in for Adama Traore for 20m is beyond me, he's a monster and would create soo much space for other players - and Rudiger, i'll love him with Varane. You could get Neves, Traore and Rudiger for less than Rice would cost and all 3 offer something different than what we have - just my opinion. 

Donny to Palace would be a great move - he needs to play, the club have really fucked him over. 

Are we still honestly comparing Scott McTominay to Declan Rice? even after this season? completely different level before and he's gone on even further now and is also two years younger 

Now you're saying you should get Adama Traore in as well?

Think you've lost your head fella. 

Mejbri also just sounds like the next Rodrigo Possebon to me, foreign youngster that everyone raves about because he has a few good games for the reserves but won't make the grade in the Prem. If you're 19 and 'special' then you're playing first team football. Pretty simple. 

51 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Are we still honestly comparing Scott McTominay to Declan Rice? even after this season? completely different level before and he's gone on even further now and is also two years younger 

Now you're saying you should get Adama Traore in as well?

Think you've lost your head fella. 

Mejbri also just sounds like the next Rodrigo Possebon to me, foreign youngster that everyone raves about because he has a few good games for the reserves but won't make the grade in the Prem. If you're 19 and 'special' then you're playing first team football. Pretty simple. 

Yeah we are - but you think Rice is the second coming of Christ as usual. You're like his knight in shining armour - god forbid saying anything bad about him. Twice they've played each other this season and McTominay has come out on top and performed better +last season + one before that. 

Adama Traore for 20m is a no brainer - asset to any team. 

Yep as usual you base players on their names rather than actually watching them. 'If you're 19 and 'special' then you're playing first team football. Pretty simple' oh really? HAHHAHAHAHAHAHA  you mean like Kevin de Bruyne when he was at Chelsea and couldn't get a game and countless others.. Mo Salah?Tammy Abraham, Vardy was playing non league at 25yo ffs. That's a horrendous take... 

Sounds like you're just butthurt after Rashys goal. Tears. i'll let you get your tantrum out as there's no footie on. 

32 minutes ago, Roux said:

Yeah we are - but you think Rice is the second coming of Christ as usual. You're like his knight in shining armour - god forbid saying anything bad about him. Twice they've played each other this season and McTominay has come out on top and performed better +last season + one before that. 

Adama Traore for 20m is a no brainer - asset to any team. 

Yep as usual you base players on their names rather than actually watching them. 'If you're 19 and 'special' then you're playing first team football. Pretty simple' oh really? HAHHAHAHAHAHAHA  you mean like Kevin de Bruyne when he was at Chelsea and couldn't get a game and countless others.. Mo Salah?Tammy Abraham, Vardy was playing non league at 25yo ffs. That's a horrendous take... 

Sounds like you're just butthurt after Rashys goal. Tears. i'll let you get your tantrum out as there's no footie on. 

So because Man United beat West Ham that makes Scott McTominay a better player? nothing to do with your depth of squad coming off the bench and Noble missing a penalty in the 93rd minute in the two league games? yep...okay - I get you can't accept you were wrong about Rice because you're this far down the road but it's getting a tad embarassing now, it takes a big man to admit they were wrong and I won't think any less of you for doing so. 

No one was really hyping those players as 'special' at 19 though were they? if you know this Hannibal kid is special then why isn't getting game time over all your mediocre midfield options? he can't even get on the bench can he? I remember you saying the same thing about James Wilson so forgive me for taking your opinion on young promising players with a pinch of salt. 

Not butthurt at all, we lost a game I expected us to lose - I'm over it.  

You're the one throwing the caps lock key around and being hysterical then saying I'm the one having a tantrum. I'm being perfectly rational here, maybe try it sometime?

1 hour ago, ...Dan... said:

So because Man United beat West Ham that makes Scott McTominay a better player? nothing to do with your depth of squad coming off the bench and Noble missing a penalty in the 93rd minute in the two league games? yep...okay - I get you can't accept you were wrong about Rice because you're this far down the road but it's getting a tad embarassing now, it takes a big man to admit they were wrong and I won't think any less of you for doing so. 

No one was really hyping those players as 'special' at 19 though were they? if you know this Hannibal kid is special then why isn't getting game time over all your mediocre midfield options? he can't even get on the bench can he? I remember you saying the same thing about James Wilson so forgive me for taking your opinion on young promising players with a pinch of salt. 

Not butthurt at all, we lost a game I expected us to lose - I'm over it.  

You're the one throwing the caps lock key around and being hysterical then saying I'm the one having a tantrum. I'm being perfectly rational here, maybe try it sometime?

Didn't say it made him a better player did i?... just trying to say we don't exactly need more of the same - a point you seem to really struggle with. Rice played well - but nothing that made me go wow - we really need him. Meanwhile Scott has been brilliant under Ralf. Happy to accept when im wrong, but i think my explanation is perfectly reasonable don't you think (even if you don't agree)?

Do you see anyone hyping Hannibal up? Nobody really mentioned him. I meant special as in he's got lots of potential - didn't say he was the next Messi for gods sake. Calm down. His country seem to think he's a good prospect taking him to a major tournament and playing him - not bad for an 18yo. Every big club has players like this, doesn't make them shit because they can't break into the first team. 

Wasn't KDB known as Belgium's wonder boy at the time? We all have young players in our teams we think will become great players - you judge them based on reserve games or loans etc - but none of us can predict the future. But what's wrong in seeing potential in a young player and being excited about them? So none of us are ever allowed to hype a young player up? don't be daft. You seem to have a real problem with this - maybe its just with United youngsters - its bizarre rational. 

Yep wrong about James Wilson - but i couldn't predict the guy would get a serious knee injury and then suffer more injuries after that could i? Or Ravel Morriosn turning into a hoodrat... i'm sure i'll be wrong about plenty other players too. 

Hysterical? urm okay... i'm not the one who leaps to the defence of Declan Rice every time his name is brought up - its immediate ha. You forget you're in a discussion forum sometimes and not some pub outside Upton Park blowing your little bubbles - try and relax its just people giving opinions.

2 hours ago, Roux said:

Didn't say it made him a better player did i?... just trying to say we don't exactly need more of the same - a point you seem to really struggle with. Rice played well - but nothing that made me go wow - we really need him. Meanwhile Scott has been brilliant under Ralf. Happy to accept when im wrong, but i think my explanation is perfectly reasonable don't you think (even if you don't agree)?

Do you see anyone hyping Hannibal up? Nobody really mentioned him. I meant special as in he's got lots of potential - didn't say he was the next Messi for gods sake. Calm down. His country seem to think he's a good prospect taking him to a major tournament and playing him - not bad for an 18yo. Every big club has players like this, doesn't make them shit because they can't break into the first team. 

Wasn't KDB known as Belgium's wonder boy at the time? We all have young players in our teams we think will become great players - you judge them based on reserve games or loans etc - but none of us can predict the future. But what's wrong in seeing potential in a young player and being excited about them? So none of us are ever allowed to hype a young player up? don't be daft. You seem to have a real problem with this - maybe its just with United youngsters - its bizarre rational. 

Yep wrong about James Wilson - but i couldn't predict the guy would get a serious knee injury and then suffer more injuries after that could i? Or Ravel Morriosn turning into a hoodrat... i'm sure i'll be wrong about plenty other players too. 

Hysterical? urm okay... i'm not the one who leaps to the defence of Declan Rice every time his name is brought up - its immediate ha. You forget you're in a discussion forum sometimes and not some pub outside Upton Park blowing your little bubbles - try and relax its just people giving opinions.

Love blowing my little bubbles, great fun...Upton Park is a block of flats now though unfortunately so don't tend to do it there anymore. Also I don't think you're being hysterical, you gave some about me throwing a tantrum and I said something back - it's not like I sit on my PC raging when people disagree with me haha. 

Rice is also streets ahead of McTominay defensively so would free up other players to attack more, I'd argue that they're very different players that play in the same position. Rice will be in team of the season no doubt, McTominay won't even be in the discussion. I'm backing our best player and I'll admit it is frustrating to hear people still dismiss him (although these people are rarer and rarer these days)

I hope he doesn't go Man United though, unless they sort their shit out and get a proper footballing structure in place - don't want him to be another Sancho, feel like he needs to go City/Liverpool or even Chelsea (as much as I'd hate that) in order to keep progressing) - feel its the same for Bellingham as well

I don't have a problem with Man United youngsters, I just rarely seem any come through that make the grade which is why I am always doubtful, I can't think of any other than Rashford really...and even he gets called out for not being good enough quite a bit. McTominay is a steady/decent central midfielder but is never gonna be a worldbeater, who else is there? 

1 hour ago, ...Dan... said:

Love blowing my little bubbles, great fun...Upton Park is a block of flats now though unfortunately so don't tend to do it there anymore. Also I don't think you're being hysterical, you gave some about me throwing a tantrum and I said something back - it's not like I sit on my PC raging when people disagree with me haha. 

Rice is also streets ahead of McTominay defensively so would free up other players to attack more, I'd argue that they're very different players that play in the same position. Rice will be in team of the season no doubt, McTominay won't even be in the discussion. I'm backing our best player and I'll admit it is frustrating to hear people still dismiss him (although these people are rarer and rarer these days)

I hope he doesn't go Man United though, unless they sort their shit out and get a proper footballing structure in place - don't want him to be another Sancho, feel like he needs to go City/Liverpool or even Chelsea (as much as I'd hate that) in order to keep progressing) - feel its the same for Bellingham as well

I don't have a problem with Man United youngsters, I just rarely seem any come through that make the grade which is why I am always doubtful, I can't think of any other than Rashford really...and even he gets called out for not being good enough quite a bit. McTominay is a steady/decent central midfielder but is never gonna be a worldbeater, who else is there? 

Just your opinion regarding Rice, which you are fully entitled to. But i'll stand by my opinion that they are very similar and more importantly, he would add nothing new to our options. We share the same wish then - i hope we don't go for him, would be another Maguire situation imo - never saw anything in Maguire that he would make it here. That kinda money is far better used elsewhere and i think other clubs feel the same or he'd be gone by now. 

So how many clubs are pumping out multiple world beating youngsters each season? None. Other than Foden who have City bought through? Arsenal or Spurs or Liverpool, Chelsea over the last 4-5 years. None of these teams are bringing in superstar kids each season. Every 10 years or so someone comes out with a Rooney, Gerrard or Lampard. How many West ham players come through your academy in the match last week? What happened to the famous West Ham academy with Rio, Cole and Lampard etc? Pumping out top talent isn't as easy as you think - especially as they all have agents and money to go elsewhere now if they don't play - how'd Reece Oxford work out? 

So not really sure why you expect United to - we pump out our fair share of decent players though - i mean you forgot Greenwood - who was supposed to have his career stalled by Ronaldo according to you - yet he's played far more games than him! McTominay, Rashford and Henderson don't look to shabby in recent years and now Elanga is coming through. 

4 minutes ago, Roux said:

no shit - so are a million other players.

That's a strange way of deflecting from the story at hand.

The bloke clearly beats his missus and forces himself on her.

Lot of footballer sleeze out there granted but this is so much more than that. 

Big decision to be made about his future now.

13 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

That's a strange way of deflecting from the story at hand.

The bloke clearly beats his missus and forces himself on her.

Lot of footballer sleeze out there granted but this is so much more than that. 

Big decision to be made about his future now.

Hardly deflecting... just odd why you would target him when its been constant with footballers/ sports in general - Giggs, Mendy, Johnson, Evens etc. Probably many many more we don't know about. 

We know what he's alleged to have done - if true, lock him up like the rest of them. 

13 minutes ago, Roux said:

Hardly deflecting... just odd why you would target him when its been constant with footballers/ sports in general - Giggs, Mendy, Johnson, Evens etc. Probably many many more we don't know about. 

We know what he's alleged to have done - if true, lock him up like the rest of them. 

I mean you tend to talk about these things as and when they come to light as you would with any breaking story, I wouldn't say its targeting per se.

All the above stories were discussed at the time they happened and this is no different.

Time will tell but it doesn't look good at all for him.

23 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

I mean you tend to talk about these things as and when they come to light as you would with any breaking story, I wouldn't say its targeting per se.

All the above stories were discussed at the time they happened and this is no different.

Time will tell but it doesn't look good at all for him.

When was Mendy brought up? Or Ivan Toney..  or Boateng - all different scandals - but scandals all the same. Mendys was just as horrific - if not worse. Some crazy stuff happening yesterday with degrading chants too.  

Just find it very strange that you would target this one specific incident - likely because he plays for United, if he played for Arsenal it would be ignored. 

We’re cursed I fucking swear. That’s now Ravel and Mason two of the best young talents the country has seen in decades turn out to be absolute cunts and piss their career away. As soon as there is a little shining light at United it quickly gets snuffed out. The club is fucking rotten.