The Official Football Topic

Cuth

1 hour ago, Roux said:

Hopefully the girl and her family has the courage to have him locked up if he's guilty.  

If? That voice note was pretty damning, as well as the catalogue of bruises/injuries. 

Nasty little cunt he is

1 hour ago, _Bagel said:

If? That voice note was pretty damning, as well as the catalogue of bruises/injuries. 

Nasty little cunt he is

never a good idea to cast judgment based on hearing only one side of the story - look at the Johnny Depp case where he was deemed guilty until a few years later when all the evidence came out and people switched sides. Ched Evans was imprisoned for a few years until a retrial where he was found innocent.

Obviously looks disgusting on his part - but there needs to be a full investigation and arrest.  

2 hours ago, Roux said:

never a good idea to cast judgment based on hearing only one side of the story - look at the Johnny Depp case where he was deemed guilty until a few years later when all the evidence came out and people switched sides. Ched Evans was imprisoned for a few years until a retrial where he was found innocent.

Obviously looks disgusting on his part - but there needs to be a full investigation and arrest.  

With the photos and audio shared I can't see anyway that his side of the story can justify his actions. I think most people have heard/seen enough.

Also considering two of the main posters on this thread are Man United fans...it seems like a topic of discussion.

Such a great talent but it's going to be really hard to come back from this.

Mendy is also absolutely vile of course if I haven't said that in here already.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

With the photos and audio shared I can't see anyway that his side of the story can justify his actions. I think most people have heard/seen enough.

Also considering two of the main posters on this thread are Man United fans...it seems like a topic of discussion.

Such a great talent but it's going to be really hard to come back from this.

Mendy is also absolutely vile of course if I haven't said that in here already.

Same thing happened with Depp though - pictures, videos - alleged fights etc - turns out alot of that was fake. She cut his finger off ffs and admitted to punching him in court etc - but people never knew this at the time because he stayed silent.

Obviously any accusation has to be taken seriously - but there's always two sides to the story, maybe he could be even worse than what we've seen. The statement from the girls dad was rather concerning though - i.e they are in love, her phone was hacked, 'the story is out there now, it's too late etc... wtf

Also, not trying to attack you for bringing it up - just thought it was out of the blue when it's happened elsewhere with no discussion.  

12 hours ago, Roux said:

Same thing happened with Depp though - pictures, videos - alleged fights etc - turns out alot of that was fake. She cut his finger off ffs and admitted to punching him in court etc - but people never knew this at the time because he stayed silent.

Obviously any accusation has to be taken seriously - but there's always two sides to the story, maybe he could be even worse than what we've seen. The statement from the girls dad was rather concerning though - i.e they are in love, her phone was hacked, 'the story is out there now, it's too late etc... wtf

Also, not trying to attack you for bringing it up - just thought it was out of the blue when it's happened elsewhere with no discussion.  

I can't say I'm particuarly well read on the Depp vs Heard case but was there honestly any evidence as damning as this?

I'm sure Greenwood probably does have a side to his story and I'm almost certain he is going to go down the mental health route unfortunately. Even if he is suffering, there is no excuse for that sort of behaviour - get help, don't beat your girlfriend/force yourself on her. I think we have to believe the victim here, especially when the evidence is so heavily in her favour (especially in a culture where these sorts of crimes so often go completely unpunished)

Her Dad's statement is proper fucked though, sounds like he is thinking more about losing the money tree rather than his daughters wellbeing.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

I can't say I'm particuarly well read on the Depp vs Heard case but was there honestly any evidence as damning as this?

I'm sure Greenwood probably does have a side to his story and I'm almost certain he is going to go down the mental health route unfortunately. Even if he is suffering, there is no excuse for that sort of behaviour - get help, don't beat your girlfriend/force yourself on her. I think we have to believe the victim here, especially when the evidence is so heavily in her favour (especially in a culture where these sorts of crimes so often go completely unpunished)

Her Dad's statement is proper fucked though, sounds like he is thinking more about losing the money tree rather than his daughters wellbeing.

Yes - i followed that case quite closely, they had police officers, assistants - pa's etc who said they never saw any form of abuse by Depp to Heard.

The punch admission: https://news.sky.com/video/audio-of-amber-heard-admitting-she-hit-johnny-depp-in-jaw-after-bathroom-incident-12033509

The audio recording has her saying “You can please tell people that it was a fair fight, and see what the jury and judge thinks. Tell the world, Johnny, tell them, Johnny Depp, I Johnny Depp, a man, I’m a victim too of domestic violence.”  Scary stuff.  Can be heard here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aca0KWoHtqQ 

I don't believe he's any angel, but he was painted as the villain until he told his story.  

Obviously not saying this situation is the same, but it's always good to hear the full story. Yeah i agree - he needs help, but he has to face severe punishment, they really must have him locked up. Some people no matter how rich or famous are deeply sick, disturbed people.  

I'm going to put the dads statement down to shock or not being media trained - it sounded so wrong. 

Big summer coming up for united, I have zero faith that it will be a good one though. We’re lacking upfront now because ronaldo and Cavani can’t play every game which leaves fucking Rashford to stink the place out. Should go Bruno in a false 9 tbh

16 hours ago, Bucko said:

Being done for threatening to kill now too. Nasty little shit.

Do you remember there was rumours a few months back that he'd kidnapped/entrapped his gf? I thought it was Twitter BS at the time but lets face it, it was almost certainly true. He has everything that is coming to him. 

Highly doubt he will go to prison though, sure an out of court settlement of some kind will happen which will also include the term that he is not found guilty/charged. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ...Dan... said:

Do you remember there was rumours a few months back that he'd kidnapped/entrapped his gf? I thought it was Twitter BS at the time but lets face it, it was almost certainly true. He has everything that is coming to him. 

Highly doubt he will go to prison though, sure an out of court settlement of some kind will happen which will also include the term that he is not found guilty/charged. 

Wasn’t that mendy?

Back on actual football, this transfer window was such a bitter disappointment.

We had a real chance to kick on for Europe/the cups we're still in and a couple of decent signings could have made a real difference. Instead Sullivan just does his usual thing of putting in bids on players he know won't get accepted on deadline day to show the fans he 'tried' - he's been doing it for years now, the fans see right through it but yet he carries on doing it, mental. We need another striker so badly as well as a centre back. 

Likes of Bowen and Rice are gonna look at this as a lack of ambition as well I think. I think we might be able to hold onto Bowen this summer but we've got absolutely no chance with Rice, he is off to one of the top clubs this summer, no doubt about it now - still got 2 years left on his deal so we should get pretty decent money for him (£70-80m at least, maybe a little bit more depending on the market and if we can get a bidding war started) - just hopefully we spend the money wisely as he is the heartbeat of our team and losing him will be huge. 

5 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

I was reading this post by a policeman on reddit who thinks he'll worm his way out of it by claiming his gf was into rough play. He said it's a common excuse and would explain the audio. He also said his age, no prior convictions will mean most likely result in a settlement - maybe a short prison sentence. Hopefully he gets a nice long prison sentence - but that's wishful thinking, depending on how much more is revealed - it could be possible still.  

He's always been a very odd quiet person, the whole England situation was suspicious too - none of it was really explained other than his mind wasn't right or something. Alot of the rumours about Ravel Morrison were true because he was almost proud about the things he did - im sure its the same with Greenwood, some kids glorify that kinda stuff. 

64 years since the Munich air disaster. Fucking hell I remember the 50th like it was yesterday. Time moves so quick lads. 

How many league titles and European cups would these lads have won? An absolute tragedy for the club and the families involved. I fucking despise the current crop of United players, they make me fucking sick, they don’t know how fucking lucky they are playing for a club like United, they’re a fucking disgrace. 

Last kit i bought was the 50th anniversary kit - one of the most beautiful kits ever, no sponsor or anything - so glad i picked it up.

I can't hate or despise the players - its a different age now, especially with social media and the mental side. The golden years can't last forever.