The Official Football Topic

Cuth

Was so obvious Henderson would put in a performance like that. It genuinely feels like united is cursed atm. I still don’t think he’s good enough mind. I wouldn’t want him as our first choice 

The officials completely fucked Chelsea over on that game 

12 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

Can only laugh at today really, on another day that could have been 5-1.

Was always gonna be tough. Their fans have waited 25 years for that. Their ground will be rocking all season. I thought Neco Williams was outstanding. Fair play to Forest they’re proper going for it with their signings. Spending more and showing more ambition than United for sure. The owner is the stadium kicking every ball and that’s the difference, he wants to win where as our owners probably couldn’t name our stadium. 

Ronaldo has got to go now, I’m still glad we brought him back because we had some great moments last season with those last min goals in the CL and his hat tricks etc but he has grown into a dark cloud lingering over the club, I get the feeling the pussies will prob play better without him there the pathetic cunts. I don’t blame him for wanting out I love united and I’d want out too if I was a player. He must think this isn’t the club I played for and he’s right it isn’t. This spell with the club will never undo his first time at the club no chance. He’s a united legend and one of the best players we’ve ever had. 

2 hours ago, Mr Blonde said:

Ronaldo has got to go now, I’m still glad we brought him back because we had some great moments last season with those last min goals in the CL and his hat tricks etc but he has grown into a dark cloud lingering over the club, I get the feeling the pussies will prob play better without him there the pathetic cunts. I don’t blame him for wanting out I love united and I’d want out too if I was a player. He must think this isn’t the club I played for and he’s right it isn’t. This spell with the club will never undo his first time at the club no chance. He’s a united legend and one of the best players we’ve ever had. 

He completely fucked the balance of the team Solksjaer was building in hindsight. 

I get it's one for the romantics but I'm nigh on certain you'd be in a better position now than if he never came back.

You scored more goals in the previous season without him and they were spread a lot more throughout the team. I think there is def some truth in the other players being better without him around as well, I know its only preseason but the performances seemed to drop when he joined up with the squad. I think just his presence there like you say is now detrimental to the team, and he's nearly fucking 38...

Never go back to your ex, it's never the same unfortunately.

I dont think we will score more goals without him tbh. When he goes we’re relying on Rashford, Martial and Sancho. No goals there. All 3 are massively overrated. I’m so disappointed in Sancho, the bundesliga must be absolutely shite. He never looks in good shape, he’s slow, never takes his man on, doesn’t look like he has any passion for the game just another instagram cunt. It’s hard to judge certain players because we’re such a mess but at no point as he shown anything tbh

We’re also looking to sell Garner for 14m. Fucking ridiculous really. City sold an academy player with hardly any first team experience for 20m and we’re looking to sell this lad for 14? Oh and it so happens to cover the cost of Rabiot. Garner may not be good enough, he probably isn’t but if we’re looking to sell an academy graduate to fund that French cunt then this club is even more fucked than I thought. Mctominay still there though 🙄 just fold the club ffs

6 hours ago, Mr Blonde said:

I dont think we will score more goals without him tbh. When he goes we’re relying on Rashford, Martial and Sancho. No goals there. All 3 are massively overrated. I’m so disappointed in Sancho, the bundesliga must be absolutely shite. He never looks in good shape, he’s slow, never takes his man on, doesn’t look like he has any passion for the game just another instagram cunt. It’s hard to judge certain players because we’re such a mess but at no point as he shown anything tbh

As i said before, we will be far worse without him. 

I don't understand the logic in blaming Ronaldo for the form of those players you mentioned - ALL of them have played in their preferred positions and been useless - Fernandes is shocking in possession, having Haarland, Mbappe or Kane instead of Ronaldo up front isn't going to change that - your number 10 has to connect the midfield with attack not stifle it - Rooney was a king at this. Its just the Messi fanboys pointing fingers as usual. 

I would be absolutely fuming if I was Van de Beek or Ronaldo. 

For me, the biggest problems right now are Fernandes, Maguire and De Gea - unfortunately that is the spine of our team. All 3 are not good enough. 

I see reports of Ten Hag making them do long runs for training etc as punishment - but i hope he ran with them because he should shoulder some blame. He's quiet as mouse on the bench. 

He normally isn’t quiet on the bench, I genuinely just think he’s sat there in shock. 

Bruno is a weird one. He was amazing when he came but the last year he’s gone off the rails. He’s a fucking shambles. Is he trying to hard?

41 minutes ago, Roux said:

As i said before, we will be far worse without him. 

How does it get worse than this currently? in all seriousness.

You have to take away what you think about him as a player. 

Him being there still against his will is clearly not helping anyone...when you have a bad egg that wants to leave, you just have to let go. Maybe be a different question if he was 27 and at his peak with so much more to give but he is 37 and the end is nigh. 

Will him going get a better tune out of the other players? maybe? maybe not? but I think it's worth a fucking shot. If you want to give Ten Hag a chance then you need a player who can press from the front and wants to do it/is part of their game. You've got a manager in who has a football identity - no point having a star player who doesn't want to be there who can't so what he wants. 

Don't get me wrong, there are PLENTY of other players who need replacing as well but I think this one has become a no brainer now. Completely agree with De Gea needing to be replaced - isn't good enough with his feet and his shotstopping isn't as good as it once was, Maguire is getting there as well for sure but I think you can still get a tune out of Bruno in the right system.

49 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

How does it get worse than this currently? in all seriousness.

You have to take away what you think about him as a player. 

Him being there still against his will is clearly not helping anyone...when you have a bad egg that wants to leave, you just have to let go. Maybe be a different question if he was 27 and at his peak with so much more to give but he is 37 and the end is nigh. 

Will him going get a better tune out of the other players? maybe? maybe not? but I think it's worth a fucking shot. If you want to give Ten Hag a chance then you need a player who can press from the front and wants to do it/is part of their game. You've got a manager in who has a football identity - no point having a star player who doesn't want to be there who can't so what he wants. 

Don't get me wrong, there are PLENTY of other players who need replacing as well but I think this one has become a no brainer now. Completely agree with De Gea needing to be replaced - isn't good enough with his feet and his shotstopping isn't as good as it once was, Maguire is getting there as well for sure but I think you can still get a tune out of Bruno in the right system.

Simple really - you lose a 25-30 goal striker and replace him with 3/4 very poor attackers who can't score for shit. How many great chances has Rashford and Fernandes missed in these 2 games - these two had a FULL pre season too. Which strikers on the market can give you those numbers? very few and would cost big money. Bear in mind Ten Hag chose to keep Ronaldo, he didn't have to. 

Maybe if some players showed a bit of fight and emotion as Ronaldo we would get somewhere. Instead they act like apologetic robots. Same shit every week from Captain Maguire and David 'We'll try harder' De Gea. I loved the fight between Conte and Tuchel yesterday because it showed a bit of fuckin passion. Roy Keane was a sulking heap and a nightmare around training, could give a fuck about harmony.

Chelsea should have got Ronaldo, he would score goals for fun there and fit the system better than Lukaku did or Harvertz/Sterling playing there currently.

Whether you want to admit it or not he can and will still perform - he does press and he does play and bring others into the game. Came on last week at 50mins and played a beautiful pass into Rashford which was harder to miss than score. I thought he was the only one who tried vs Brentford too - the rest gave up, heads down and buried.  

Maguire and De Gea cannot play against a high press - never have and never will. Bruno? What system are you talking about? This team is built around him - he has free roam in his number 10 role! 

The 3 positions/players i mentioned are critical imo. And all 3 could have been changed with players currently at the club - which infuriates me because they ALWAYS play. 

54 minutes ago, Mr Blonde said:

He normally isn’t quiet on the bench, I genuinely just think he’s sat there in shock. 

Bruno is a weird one. He was amazing when he came but the last year he’s gone off the rails. He’s a fucking shambles. Is he trying to hard?

Mate, in this league, you very quickly get worked out. Teams have found his major weakness that he can be easily pressed and forces the ball too much and nullified him. You give him space and he'll damage you. He's been found out. This is the exact same problem we had with Mkhitaryan to a smaller extent. 

On 8/15/2022 at 11:24 AM, Roux said:

How the hell the VAR let those Spurs goals stand?

The guy gets his hair grabbed and pulled to the ground and not even a yellow?

Spurs are notorious for getting decisions go their way. Also don't forget good old Conte has a history of match fixing and having refs on his books 

17 hours ago, Roux said:

Simple really - you lose a 25-30 goal striker and replace him with 3/4 very poor attackers who can't score for shit. How many great chances has Rashford and Fernandes missed in these 2 games - these two had a FULL pre season too. Which strikers on the market can give you those numbers? very few and would cost big money. Bear in mind Ten Hag chose to keep Ronaldo, he didn't have to. 

Maybe if some players showed a bit of fight and emotion as Ronaldo we would get somewhere. Instead they act like apologetic robots. Same shit every week from Captain Maguire and David 'We'll try harder' De Gea. I loved the fight between Conte and Tuchel yesterday because it showed a bit of fuckin passion. Roy Keane was a sulking heap and a nightmare around training, could give a fuck about harmony.

Chelsea should have got Ronaldo, he would score goals for fun there and fit the system better than Lukaku did or Harvertz/Sterling playing there currently.

Whether you want to admit it or not he can and will still perform - he does press and he does play and bring others into the game. Came on last week at 50mins and played a beautiful pass into Rashford which was harder to miss than score. I thought he was the only one who tried vs Brentford too - the rest gave up, heads down and buried.  

Maguire and De Gea cannot play against a high press - never have and never will. Bruno? What system are you talking about? This team is built around him - he has free roam in his number 10 role! 

The 3 positions/players i mentioned are critical imo. And all 3 could have been changed with players currently at the club - which infuriates me because they ALWAYS play. 

It's not as black and white as you make it though, you didn't have the 25 goal a season striker before and as a team you scored a lot more goals from different positions. Team balance and chemistry is much more complex and removing certain players/adding certain players can change the whole way a team plays. 

Ronaldo wants out and a player with that influence and presence sulking around is going to do nothing for players who are lacking in confidence. You can't get rid of all of them, so it makes sense to get rid of what has turned into the bad apple, if only to save morale - it's all good saying about Roy Keane being that way but players and the game have changed in the last 20-25 years - like it or not. 

Also he doesn't press anywhere near what a Ten Hag team would need a striker to, this was a stat taken after 22 games last season:

Ronaldo averages 6.71 pressures per game, 2.01 of which are successful. That is… err, not great. In fact, it puts him in the bottom one per cent of Premier League players. A really strong pressing forward would make over 20 pressures per 90. - https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/cristiano-ronaldo-manchester-united-stats-facts-goals-assists-form/

He's only getting older and he's going to become even less mobile as time goes by. 

Time to go enjoy the MLS Ronnie, you've had an incredible career. 

Ronaldo wants out and the manager wants him gone but the glazers want him to stay. Purely a money decision and not a footballing decision and this is why we’re fucked 

QPR were great last night. I thought Eze was excellent, he made a right twat out of Trent, he was going past him for fun. If Zaha didn’t have a touch like A brick wall they would have won that