The Official Football Topic

Cuth

On 8/24/2022 at 4:43 PM, prankerd14 said:

Varane is uniteds best defender lol drop harry and oh look a great defensive display

That doesn't say much though, does it?

I swear if the rumors are true and United also buy Asensio for 30m I might become a fan.

I think the truth lays somewhere in between with Varane. 

He is Man United's best defender but he isn't the player he once was, which is why Madrid were pretty happy to let him go. 

Looks like we are signing Paqueta from Lyon now for £50m, we've done some great business this summer - now just need to actually score a fooking goal in the Prem. Have to get something against Villa on Sunday. 

2 hours ago, Mr Blonde said:

Such I shame I thought he was excellent when he came on against Liverpool but we really need a striker. Who’s out there though?

this is why we badly need strikers - surely there are 2 they can find less than the £100m for Antony. 

Yeah Antony done. Ridiculous price. Funny how we went from Rabiot and Arnautovic to Casemiro and Antony as soon as we had a buyer available. Fucking yank cunts. It’s not about the money anyway, they could buy us mbappe and they still need to go. 

We should be lining up as

Dave

Dalot Varane Martinez Malacia

Casemiro Fred

Bruno/Eriksen

Antony Martial Sancho

thats not a bad side but obviously the RB and Keeper are massive weak links but we can’t do it all in one window. So next summer we need those two positions upgraded and a striker. Can’t rely on martial or Rashford 

11 hours ago, Mr Blonde said:

Yeah Antony done. Ridiculous price. Funny how we went from Rabiot and Arnautovic to Casemiro and Antony as soon as we had a buyer available. Fucking yank cunts. It’s not about the money anyway, they could buy us mbappe and they still need to go. 

We should be lining up as

Dave

Dalot Varane Martinez Malacia

Casemiro Fred

Bruno/Eriksen

Antony Martial Sancho

thats not a bad side but obviously the RB and Keeper are massive weak links but we can’t do it all in one window. So next summer we need those two positions upgraded and a striker. Can’t rely on martial or Rashford 

Hopefully that's the last we see of this terrible front 3 of Sancho/Rashford/Elanga - absolutely awful vs Southampton. Sancho is turning out to be a huge waste of money - you hardly notice him. Elanga should be on loan or in the reserves. Rashford's days are numbered. 

Really hope we bring in Depay and Gakpo now, need players who can actually score goals than press and run around like headless chickens. Go back to classic Man Utd counter attacking football.  

Like i said after the Liverpool game, we're getting by with that incredible defence - what a difference Varane/Martinez/Malacia have made to this team.

Convert McTominay into a center-back as backup for Varane - Casemiro has taken his place. Sell Maguire and Bissaka. 

Agree we need a RB (Dumfries). You add Dean Henderson to this team and that's a solid back 5.  

15 minutes ago, Mr Blonde said:

He is a beast but I could probably score about 15 goals for City. All his goals last night he did nothing. Was just in the right place for tap ins. People banging on like he beat defenders or smashed in screamers ffs. 

Hardest part of the game tho - putting the ball in the net, you have to be in the right positions. 

11 hours ago, Mr Blonde said:

He is a beast but I could probably score about 15 goals for City. All his goals last night he did nothing. Was just in the right place for tap ins. People banging on like he beat defenders or smashed in screamers ffs. 

Behave lol, your totally discrediting his movement and positioning, hes a proper number 9! Something this day and age has been missing theres no way your getting 15 goals even in this man city team lol