The Official Football Topic

Cuth

While some of the points he makes about Man United are valid, these are conversations that should happen behind closed doors. 

He also appears to have a complete lack of self awareness about his ability these days. I think he honestly still thinks he is one of the best players in the world at nearly 38 when in reality he has been on a steady decline since he left Real Madrid. 

They really did sell at the right time, getting nearly 100m for a 33 year old was a masterstroke, they got 10 of his peak years and then still sold him for a profit - genius bit of business looking back

Yeah Ronaldo only cares about one team and one team only. Team Ronaldo. This is why I was laughing at emotional Man United fans when the move happened that Cristiano loved them and picked with his heart.

No. His agent did a move he always does. He spreads rumors that the competitor of the team he wants to bait wants Cristiano. He did it with Barcelona even and Atletico Madrid after. It was just United was the only dumb enough to fall for it. I even posted that here the day of the move I believe. 

Amazing player in his prime and you could deal with his diva persona when he delivered, his downfall when getting older was expected.

Some of the stuff i agree with i.e young players and the transfer policy - most of the things don't agree with and to be honest i think the loss of his stillborn child has made him angry, irrational and lash out to a club that's served him well.

But you never, ever do an interview exposing everything like that unless you retire. It's almost treason. 

Some of you lot won't know what it's like to have a world class legend return to your favourite club and score winners - so you won't understand the emotion of what it meant for us for him to come back to United. I don't regret it one bit - the only highlight of last season. Yes - he probably doesn't care where he plays - but that first game vs Newcastle and the Champions league winners was incredible memories. 

A club legend that left the club when 23 to spend his best 9 years somewhere else, won everything, and then came back at 34 only as the best paid player in the league? I would never consider that player a club legend in my book.

Yeah I wouldn't want to feel that sorry. I understand being a united fan has been miserable and obvisouly as a fan you want to hold on to these moments but if you wanna claim this is "one of the biggest clubs of all time" this isn't the mentality imo.

He’s defo an United legend. We picked him up as a young boy and he won us the fucking lot. Also won a Ballon D’Or at united. His dream was Madrid and he left after winning everything. There was nothing left to achieve in England. He’s not the greatest player in our history, and there are other club legends above him but he’s a legend of the club. He’s one of the best players in the history of the game of course he’s a United legend ffs. I don’t think he would be the player he became if it wasn’t for Sir Alex  and players like Keane, Neville booting fuck out of him in training 

Saying that though he’s fucking out of order in that interview. He’s right about the ownership but everything else he can fuck off with. He’s basically dead to me at this point but he’s still a legend 

9 hours ago, petros said:

A club legend that left the club when 23 to spend his best 9 years somewhere else, won everything, and then came back at 34 only as the best paid player in the league? I would never consider that player a club legend in my book.

Yeah I wouldn't want to feel that sorry. I understand being a united fan has been miserable and obvisouly as a fan you want to hold on to these moments but if you wanna claim this is "one of the biggest clubs of all time" this isn't the mentality imo.

He was already the best player in the world and won everything before he went to Madrid. 

You can't discredit the 6 years at United and last season where he was still one of our best players. 

The 2008 team with Rooney/Tevez and Ronaldo was the best team we've ever had in my lifetime.

Like Scott said - he'll go down as one of the greatest players ever. We all disagree with how he has behaved, but similar to Rooney and Keane who were kicked out/almost kicked out the club, you can't take away what they achieved. 

1 hour ago, Scott. said:

@Rouxare the rats finally selling up? 

The statement seems very weird to me - are your selling or not? I think they want investment rather than an outright sale.

Either way £5bn to £6bn is going to attract a few good, but lots of bad billionaires - hope we get someone good who actually cares about the fans. I'm very cautious - so many clubs have sold and gone from bad to worse - Liverpool fans are already against the current regime, and they hated Gillet & Hicks.

It will be a dark day when the Saudi's own most of football, and with giving them the World Cup - they will do anything to make that a reality. FIFA will facilitate it - because they prostitute themselves for the blood money. They don't care about racism, slave labour or fans. 

I want to see fans own a significant part of the club - doesn't have to be a majority. I think it should be a rule by FIFA- any ownerships at ALL clubs should have to give a certain % to the fans - that way the community always has a say and has the clubs best interest at heart. What you reckon? 

2 hours ago, Roux said:

The statement seems very weird to me - are your selling or not? I think they want investment rather than an outright sale.

Either way £5bn to £6bn is going to attract a few good, but lots of bad billionaires - hope we get someone good who actually cares about the fans. I'm very cautious - so many clubs have sold and gone from bad to worse - Liverpool fans are already against the current regime, and they hated Gillet & Hicks.

It will be a dark day when the Saudi's own most of football, and with giving them the World Cup - they will do anything to make that a reality. FIFA will facilitate it - because they prostitute themselves for the blood money. They don't care about racism, slave labour or fans. 

I want to see fans own a significant part of the club - doesn't have to be a majority. I think it should be a rule by FIFA- any ownerships at ALL clubs should have to give a certain % to the fans - that way the community always has a say and has the clubs best interest at heart. What you reckon? 

It’ll be Dubai I think. They’re yet to venture into football and I think they’ll be all over United. Unfortunately there’s no good billionaires. Jim Ratcliffe is the dream. Hopefully it’s him because we don’t need a sugar daddy. The club generates its own money so we don’t need anything pumped in only the stadium and training facilities because the Glazers have let it rot but other than that the club runs itself

1 hour ago, Scott. said:

It’ll be Dubai I think. They’re yet to venture into football and I think they’ll be all over United. Unfortunately there’s no good billionaires. Jim Ratcliffe is the dream. Hopefully it’s him because we don’t need a sugar daddy. The club generates its own money so we don’t need anything pumped in only the stadium and training facilities because the Glazers have let it rot but other than that the club runs itself

From what i've read - Jim Ratcliffe doesn't have the wealth. He wouldn't get much for selling Nice FC. 

I'd imagine it would be some sort of consortium, maybe Jim would be involved - similar to the groups that went after buying Chelsea. 

I'm weary of all these guys, with Liverpool up for sale too - you're going to get bidding wars and all kinds of shady shit going on. But, hopefully its a good positive step. 

• 4 weeks later...

Rangnick wanted United to sign Nkunku, Gvardiol, J.Alvarez, Enzo Fernandes and Luis Diaz. Imagine where we’d be now if we signed even a few of them. Club know best though clearly. They fucking depress me how shit they are at running a football club. 

31 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Rangnick wanted United to sign Nkunku, Gvardiol, J.Alvarez, Enzo Fernandes and Luis Diaz. Imagine where we’d be now if we signed even a few of them. Club know best though clearly. They fucking depress me how shit they are at running a football club. 

Shows why he would have been a great Director of Football doesn't it. 

Him coming in as a Manager only to leave 6 months later was all a bit strange. 

• Like 1

Surprised Southgate is still England manager - time to try someone else now, just history repeating itself with him. He was gifted the best set of fixtures I've ever seen in multiple tournaments and failed.  

Harry Kane is pushing 30 now and we have no world class number 9 coming through. 

16 hours ago, Scott. said:

I think it’s crazy. He’s had 3 tournaments ffs. You’re going to waste this squad on Southgate. Glad I’m not English. I’d be fuming 

agree - honestly, there's nothing special or technical about how England play. He's done a good job with squad harmony but that will only get you so far. With Kane getting on and dealing with constant injuries - they could be in real trouble.