The Official Football Topic

Cuth

Chelsea have taken the piss lately. Was hoping Enzo would wait till the summer. Chelsea won’t qualify for the CL. Premier league really is the super league. The money is ridiculous. 

Ralf told the board to sign Alvarez, Caicedo, Nkunku and Enzo last year all for pennies apart from Nkunku. It amazes me how much money the big clubs waste, why couldn’t united sign Enzo for 10m last summer and then loan him for a season? He’s be joining up this summer as a 100m player. There’s no planning whatsoever with the big clubs. It’s always the small clubs like Brighton and Brentford etc who are smart in the market. 

Over the moon with Sabitzer though. We’ve probably upgraded our midfield with him replacing Eriksen. Mad. We’ve actually done good business. Someone pinch me. Casemiro, Sabi and Bruno is a quality midfield 

5 hours ago, Scott. said:

A shame we couldn’t add one more. We’re still short. We’ve got crazy amount of fixtures coming up and i dont think we have the squad for it. CL qualification is a must.

We need a Bruno understudy/replacement - Mata, Lingard have gone, Donny/Eriksen injured - there is nobody who can play the number 10 role if Bruno is injured - i guess Sabitzer with Fred next to Caseirmo.  

I really wanted Ziyech,  EtH would have transformed him. 

1 hour ago, Roux said:

Shit - what happens to Mason Greenwood now? 

Well the club can’t sack him. So we either play him or sell him and who’s gonna take him? Would have to be some scumbag country like Saudi Arabia or something. 

24 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Well the club can’t sack him. So we either play him or sell him and who’s gonna take him? Would have to be some scumbag country like Saudi Arabia or something. 

yep - I'd send him to therapy, he's only 21 - if he wants to change his behaviour/life he needs to invest in it and forget football for while. 

Hope that girl has a good support system if he is still in her life. 

The parallels between Liverpool and Klopp’s last season at Dortmund are crazy. I’m sure he had a similar season with Mainz too? Liverpool just look a bored and tired side. He’s run those lads into the ground and had good success tbf and if it wasn’t for City they would have cleaned up but Klopp looks like a 5/6 season manager and then he needs to move on. Pep’s lifeless robotic autistic football can dominate for years unfortunately. 

Another good win for United, we’re ticking along nicely and I fucking adore Ten Hag. That Casemiro red is harsh. In slow motion it looks bad but at normal speed it’s hardly anything and it looks like he’s grabbing his collar rather than his neck. There defo wasn’t anything violent about it. Losing him for 3 games is a huge blow when we’re low on numbers already. 

@Low Value Boyloving Paqueta atm, he looks real classy. Thought he was excellent in the World Cup too. 

@ElisaDybala been a good signing for you, I’ve always loved him. Out of interest do you have any favourite English teams?

3 hours ago, Scott. said:

The parallels between Liverpool and Klopp’s last season at Dortmund are crazy. I’m sure he had a similar season with Mainz too? Liverpool just look a bored and tired side. He’s run those lads into the ground and had good success tbf and if it wasn’t for City they would have cleaned up but Klopp looks like a 5/6 season manager and then he needs to move on. Pep’s lifeless robotic autistic football can dominate for years unfortunately. 

Another good win for United, we’re ticking along nicely and I fucking adore Ten Hag. That Casemiro red is harsh. In slow motion it looks bad but at normal speed it’s hardly anything and it looks like he’s grabbing his collar rather than his neck. There defo wasn’t anything violent about it. Losing him for 3 games is a huge blow when we’re low on numbers already. 

@Low Value Boyloving Paqueta atm, he looks real classy. Thought he was excellent in the World Cup too. 

@ElisaDybala been a good signing for you, I’ve always loved him. Out of interest do you have any favourite English teams?

He's not been that good for us so far but seems to be finding his feet a bit since the WC. 

Actually watched the Man United game yesterday as was home for it and triple captained Rashford in FPL...

I thought Casemiro was def a red though, it was fucking stupid of him.

I'd make an argument that Antony had his part in this as well, him and his stupid flicks and tricks that do nothing and Palace reacting to it was basically what started the whole thing. He was once again fairly ineffective and then starts pulling out the party tricks like he is peak Neymar, just a bit embarrassing.

Loving Rashford at the moment, even when he has a slightly less explosive and quiet game he still seems to grab a goal. He is number 1 benefactor of the ending of the Ronaldo Show at OT, with Bruno a close second. 

Casemiro was never a red card - everyone was grabbing each other, why single him out? Ayew was much worse.

I thought Antony was great - he's fit really well into this side and fights for everything. Love to see people crying of his tricks - this is what we want to see as fans.

All the West Ham signings have been flops - you're seeing the signs of players on big salaries using the club as a stepping stone to a bigger club -its only going to show in performances. You can see why PSG let Kehrer go, he's not cut out for Premier League. 

23 minutes ago, Roux said:

Casemiro was never a red card - everyone was grabbing each other, why single him out? Ayew was much worse.

I thought Antony was great - he's fit really well into this side and fights for everything. Love to see people crying of his tricks - this is what we want to see as fans.

All the West Ham signings have been flops - you're seeing the signs of players on big salaries using the club as a stepping stone to a bigger club -its only going to show in performances. You can see why PSG let Kehrer go, he's not cut out for Premier League. 

Kehrer is crap, awful player and agree most of our signings have been terrible. It's just been an awful season in general for us. Fact you're just lashing out as a tit for tat doesn't really make sense - completely agree with everything you've said about us. 

Don't think anybody is crying about his tricks, love a flair player but if its all show and no substance it just looks a bit shite. His rainbow flick attempt yesterday being a perfect example. When you really needed him to show up against Arsenal he went within himself, completely ineffective. He is predictable and also not that quick. I'm not the only one who thinks, plenty United fans have said the same - including Scott.

Also Ayew could have got sent off but fact he had Martinez pushing him in back at same time and contact lasted about 1/5th of the time that Casmeiro's did is why he probably got away with.

32 minutes ago, Low Value Boy said:

Kehrer is crap, awful player and agree most of our signings have been terrible. It's just been an awful season in general for us. Fact you're just lashing out as a tit for tat doesn't really make sense - completely agree with everything you've said about us. 

Don't think anybody is crying about his tricks, love a flair player but if its all show and no substance it just looks a bit shite. His rainbow flick attempt yesterday being a perfect example. When you really needed him to show up against Arsenal he went within himself, completely ineffective. He is predictable and also not that quick. I'm not the only one who thinks, plenty United fans have said the same - including Scott.

Also Ayew could have got sent off but fact he had Martinez pushing him in back at same time and contact lasted about 1/5th of the time that Casmeiro's did is why he probably got away with.

Lashing out? stop being a baby - i was replying to Scott's comment. We're not allowed to discuss your team then is it? 

No substance? He's been one of most creative players this season - he pulled off a few tricks yesterday that created space for other players. He's done more in half a season than Sancho's entire United career. You expect a 22yo in his debut season to carry us against the best team in the league? What about Bruno or Eriksen? Nobody expects him to be Messi except you. 

It was a nothing incident that should either had both players sent off for raising hands or just carry on with the game. 

6 hours ago, Scott. said:

I love him too, he has so much skill and he's been on fire since he came back from the World Cup. Injuries delayed him unfortunately, but his technical ability is insane and a true joy to watch when he's on. 

Other than hating Liverpool with a passion, I don't really have a favourite team, but I think I sort of bounce around for no particular reason, more by curiosity or respect for the game, specific players or coaches. I always say I should definitely watch more Premier League instead of being consumed by Serie A 😂

My dad has been a Man U fan since forever and there's always been a big United cult here around Pisa and Florence, as you have a lot of history and a lot of good players, so I've always wanted them to do well - even though I will never forgive Man U for 7-1 against us, 15 years ago haha 💔

And I've been keeping up with some underdogs like West Ham, Nottingham Forest, Newcastle (before the oil money). Right now, from what I've seen, I like Brighton a lot, it's good to see these clubs doing well.

And even though I never cared about Arsenal, I like what they've done with their youth core now being the focus and finally seeing it pay off.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Elisa said:

I love him too, he has so much skill and he's been on fire since he came back from the World Cup. Injuries delayed him unfortunately, but his technical ability is insane and a true joy to watch when he's on. 

Other than hating Liverpool with a passion, I don't really have a favourite team, but I think I sort of bounce around for no particular reason, more by curiosity or respect for the game, specific players or coaches. I always say I should definitely watch more Premier League instead of being consumed by Serie A 😂

My dad has been a Man U fan since forever and there's always been a big United cult here around Pisa and Florence, as you have a lot of history and a lot of good players, so I've always wanted them to do well - even though I will never forgive Man U for 7-1 against us, 15 years ago haha 💔

And I've been keeping up with some underdogs like West Ham, Nottingham Forest, Newcastle (before the oil money). Right now, from what I've seen, I like Brighton a lot, it's good to see these clubs doing well.

And even though I never cared about Arsenal, I like what they've done with their youth core now being the focus and finally seeing it pay off.

Hating Liverpool is good enough for me😂 is that because of Heysel btw?

19 minutes ago, Scott. said:

The bestest striker in the whole wide world haland the mutant really needs to turn up for big games. All well and good slotting goals in against wolves….

What a weekend for United btw 

Mate, Sky were constantly highlighting his great runs, but City players couldn't see them (same as the United game).

It's not on him at all. 

30 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Hating Liverpool is good enough for me😂 is that because of Heysel btw?

Oh no, not that. It's because of the 1984 UCL final between Roma and Liverpool. As soon as I got into football, I was taught that I had to hate Lazio for the obvious rivalry and Liverpool because that was the closest we ever came to win the trophy, lost on pens after 1-1 scoreline 😂

• Haha 1