The Official Football Topic

Cuth

5 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Phew. Vintage United that was, came alive after their goal and were relentless. 

Antony is wank though isn’t he. Il give him till next season but other than a decent left foot I don’t see what he does well. 

I think he’s been great the last few games. 
deserved all the praise he’s been getting. 

but you rate Sancho who is invisible. 

15 minutes ago, Roux said:

I think he’s been great the last few games. 
deserved all the praise he’s been getting. 

but you rate Sancho who is invisible. 

Slagged him off loads times. I rate his talent but talent is not enough. He’s a much better footballer than Antony mind you. I don’t think I’ve yet to see Antony beat a man and get a cross into the box, has he assisted yet? 

1 minute ago, Scott. said:

Slagged him off loads times. I rate his talent but talent is not enough. He’s a much better footballer than Antony mind you. I don’t think I’ve yet to see Antony beat a man and get a cross into the box, has he assisted yet? 

He doesn’t have the fight or workrate. 

At a minimum - Antony will work hard, fight for every ball and create chances. He showed this in our 2 most important games so far - Barca and cup final. 

We are a far better and balanced team with him on the RW. 

Liverpool weekend. Probably a step too far, they’re finding a bit of form and this will be our 800th game of the season.  My god we’re due a performance there though and Weggy is a due a goal. Got a feeling he could grab the winner 🤞🏻

Not sure about step too far - we should be competing with this team now. Liverpool still look a mess, but they can still beat anyone on the day.

Always a tough game but i have so much faith in this team and the manager. Win, lose or draw - you can't break this teams spirit. 

Sabitzer is a must sign in the summer - Weghorst has probably done enough, but i wish his finishing was better. 

Dunno what to say about that. Team completely folded second half. You can’t give up at Anfield of all places. first half was competitive and tight, we had chances and probably were the better side but I have no idea wtf happened on the second. I can’t wrap my head around that

You can’t ignore that ffs. Probably the worst result in our history. Goal before and right after half time killed it but the players can’t give up like that fucking hell. Some of those lads wont recover from that, Ten Hag will have some of them shipped out after that imo. I can’t believe he played Dalot over Bissaka and I also can’t believe we played Rashford upfront when Arnold had been a disaster all season, Rashford would have ruined him on the left ffs. Few poor decision from the manager there imo. The players though we’re a fucking disgrace that second half, how many times have I said that over the last 10 years ffs. Just respond now Thursday, plenty to play for 

10 minutes ago, Scott. said:

You can’t ignore that ffs. Probably the worst result in our history. Goal before and right after half time killed it but the players can’t give up like that fucking hell. Some of those lads wont recover from that, Ten Hag will have some of them shipped out after that imo. I can’t believe he played Dalot over Bissaka and I also can’t believe we played Rashford upfront when Arnold had been a disaster all season, Rashford would have ruined him on the left ffs. Few poor decision from the manager there imo. The players though we’re a fucking disgrace that second half, how many times have I said that over the last 10 years ffs. Just respond now Thursday, plenty to play for 

of course you can - its ONE game, in the context of this season its nothing. 

We've played every 2-3 days for a long time now, it was bound to happen. Let them celebrate being 5th with a team on its last legs. Only our 2nd loss in 21 since the WC.

How can you ignore a result like that? sure you're in a great place overall but that second half was horrendous - players just turned it in and completely lost their heads. 

Losing a game in a season is one thing, but there is def context when you ship 7 against your biggest rivals. 

I think you're made of sterner stuff now and will recover but the idea this game means 'nothing' in the context of the season is pretty ridiculous. 

Antony isn't going to be good enough for me, Poundland Arjen Robben with no end product unless it's his signature curler into the far corner. Thought both full backs were absolutely shocking as well. 

And yes, West Ham are fucking turd and turned it in just as bad as Man United did yesterday - lets just get that out there too 😆

18 minutes ago, Low Value Boy said:

How can you ignore a result like that? sure you're in a great place overall but that second half was horrendous - players just turned it in and completely lost their heads. 

Losing a game in a season is one thing, but there is def context when you ship 7 against your biggest rivals. 

I think you're made of sterner stuff now and will recover but the idea this game means 'nothing' in the context of the season is pretty ridiculous. 

Antony isn't going to be good enough for me, Poundland Arjen Robben with no end product unless it's his signature curler into the far corner. Thought both full backs were absolutely shocking as well. 

And yes, West Ham are fucking turd and turned it in just as bad as Man United did yesterday - lets just get that out there too 😆

What an overreaction, as usual. It's one game - away at Anfield. 

We shipped 6 against City and went on a epic run after. 

We are playing every 3 days and it showed. 

Antony shows more fight than your entire team - you love pundits to back you up and even Neville said he's been good and improved the side. So I'll take his opinion over yours.

If you asked me before the WC that we'd win a trophy and win almost every 20+ game since, at the expense of losing to Liverpool 7-0 i'd take it. Wouldn't you?

1 hour ago, Low Value Boy said:

Antony is dog shit. Genuinely one of the worst wingers in the league. He’s a dickhead too and not a loveable one. We’ve had a mare signing him but not exactly surprising given our record in the transfer market. 

I still can’t believe we lost 7-0. I can’t fucking wrap my head around it. It’s like a score from the woman’s league. How on earth did we concede 6 in the second half after competing so well in the first, it makes no sense. I bet Ten Hag is scratching his head today. 

There’s something seriously wrong with the core group that have been here for years. De Gea, Fred, Mctominay, Shaw, Dalot, Bruno etc all these lads have been on the end of absolute pastings for years now, City scored 6 earlier in the season, Liverpool battered us 4-0 and 5-0 last season, we conceded 6 to fucking spurs. Wtf is going on? It’s like a concede a couple of goals and their head goes. I think they all need to leave tbh. It’s clear to see they haven’t got the minerals to play for United. It’s no coincidence all those players are involved in these games all under different managers too so what does that tell you ?

27 minutes ago, Roux said:

fuk me - here we go again. 🙄

Sack Ten Hag

He is. Based on what we’ve seen. This is someone who couldn’t even rack up goals and assists on the Eredivise. Normally when players dominate that league they struggle in the prem but he couldn’t even fucking do that. He’s absolute shite mate just admit it. 

Sack Ten Hag? What are you on about? I love the magnificent bald cunt. 10 year contract for me

2 minutes ago, Scott. said:

He is. Based on what we’ve seen. This is someone who couldn’t even rack up goals and assists on the Eredivise. Normally when players dominate that league they struggle in the prem but he couldn’t even fucking do that. He’s absolute shite mate just admit it. 

Sack Ten Hag? What are you on about? I love the magnificent bald cunt. 10 year contract for me

Maybe you missed the Barca game where he changed the game? Or the cup final where he was a constant threat? 

But yeh - worst winger in the league and a dickhead apparently? weird. But a Brazilian international. What world to you live in man? 

One result isn't going to change the huge progress we've made this season - so many positives to take and the season isn't close to being over yet. These freak results will happen a few times a year - ignore it, respond in the next game and move on. 

2 hours ago, Roux said:

What an overreaction, as usual. It's one game - away at Anfield. 

We shipped 6 against City and went on a epic run after. 

We are playing every 3 days and it showed. 

Antony shows more fight than your entire team - you love pundits to back you up and even Neville said he's been good and improved the side. So I'll take his opinion over yours.

If you asked me before the WC that we'd win a trophy and win almost every 20+ game since, at the expense of losing to Liverpool 7-0 i'd take it. Wouldn't you?

You lost 7-0 and completely collapsed to your biggest rivals, end of the world? of course not, should it be swept under the carpet because you've been in good form? absolutely not, a result like that can derail a season, next few days and games are vital - to pretend like it doesn't matter seems strange to me. This could knock a lot of players confidence if they don't get their heads back on it. 

Losing 6-3 against the best team in the league is a lot different to losing 7-0 to a team who have been all over the place at points this season. 

Playing every 3 days is no excuse, you have a bigger squad than most and have spent a hell of a lot of money building it - you can't blame that capitulation on tiredness, it was just a complete bottlejob

Comparing to West Ham is pointless, we're shite and I agree some players aren't putting in a shift. Antony is just average it would seem, he hasn't got a burst of pace to get away from a defender, does silly skills that don't really achieve anything and often lead to the ball being given away - has the odd moment in games but isn't consistent - his crossing is abysmal as well, so many times he got into positions to put in good balls and just screwed it. You don't have to be that good to be a Brazilian international btw, we've got Paqueta who is currently stinking out the place, Fred starts regularly and Richarlison is their first choice striker - this isn't 1970 or 2002 Brazil - hence why they went out early in the World Cup, some fairly average players in that squad now.  

I mean you probably would take that scenario but the two are completely unrelated - there is a world where you can win a trophy and NOT lose 7-0 to Liverpool, that's the one I would pick! 

As a Liverpool fan, I've been ducking a lot of the footie this year. Just haven't enjoyed it, knew it was gonna be shit as we're transitioning - whole spine going on a decline. Arsenal's result and the game yesterday obviously reignited something, difficult not to.

I watched it with two of my best mates, both United fans, fuck me - not sure if it was dealing with a fallout of emotions, but the delusion was strong. They said losing 1-0 is the same as 7, what a joke. They also said it doesn't matter as this was Liverpool's 'Cup final'. Another joke, really. If United vs Liverpool isn't the biggest game of your season, you may as well go support another fucking team. Always will be the be all and end all.

There was some luck, but the joy we found down that right side wasn't anything to do with luck. Your season will still likely end better than ours,  but you just have to let the result hurt. If that result spurs us on to get 4th, then it means something - if nothing comes of it, it means a lot less. Also, Bruno's head went - not what you want from a captain. Then again, I remember Gerrard's last derby...

22 minutes ago, Low Value Boy said:

You lost 7-0 and completely collapsed to your biggest rivals, end of the world? of course not, should it be swept under the carpet because you've been in good form? absolutely not, a result like that can derail a season, next few days and games are vital - to pretend like it doesn't matter seems strange to me. This could knock a lot of players confidence if they don't get their heads back on it. 

Losing 6-3 against the best team in the league is a lot different to losing 7-0 to a team who have been all over the place at points this season. 

Playing every 3 days is no excuse, you have a bigger squad than most and have spent a hell of a lot of money building it - you can't blame that capitulation on tiredness, it was just a complete bottlejob

Comparing to West Ham is pointless, we're shite and I agree some players aren't putting in a shift. Antony is just average it would seem, he hasn't got a burst of pace to get away from a defender, does silly skills that don't really achieve anything and often lead to the ball being given away - has the odd moment in games but isn't consistent - his crossing is abysmal as well, so many times he got into positions to put in good balls and just screwed it. You don't have to be that good to be a Brazilian international btw, we've got Paqueta who is currently stinking out the place, Fred starts regularly and Richarlison is their first choice striker - this isn't 1970 or 2002 Brazil - hence why they went out early in the World Cup, some fairly average players in that squad now.  

I mean you probably would take that scenario but the two are completely unrelated - there is a world where you can win a trophy and NOT lose 7-0 to Liverpool, that's the one I would pick! 

Jesus - what is this drivel. 

We are on course for our best season in years - with our first trophy in 6 years. One freak result isn't going to change this level of progress. 

As we've seen against City and Arsenal - they have the confidence and will to put results like this right. 

Again, Ten Hag always plays Antony - he does this for a reason, and that has brought us huge success this season. I'll trust his opinion and his winrate. 

I'd much prefer be in our position than Liverpool's, Spurs, Chelsea's etc despite losing 7-0.

I expected this overaction tbh - you only show up when Man Utd lose... nothing about winning a trophy or Antony dicking Barca of course. Silence. Always take your frustration out on us when your team is in the gutter. 

39 minutes ago, Roux said:

Maybe you missed the Barca game where he changed the game? Or the cup final where he was a constant threat? 

But yeh - worst winger in the league and a dickhead apparently? weird. But a Brazilian international. What world to you live in man? 

One result isn't going to change the huge progress we've made this season - so many positives to take and the season isn't close to being over yet. These freak results will happen a few times a year - ignore it, respond in the next game and move on. 

He’s a bench player for Brazil and he’s lucky he’s that. I can’t believe they picked him. He didn’t change the game against Barca at all. Good finish and he has a decent left peg on him that’s it. No what world do you live in? I’ve been calling united out for 10 years and guess what we’ve done absolutely fuck all in those years where as you’ve been in denial. That result is fucking disgusting. And it’s not a freak result. Same core group have been on the end of hidings for the last 3/4 years. How on earth is that a freak? When the going gets tough they turn it in

42 minutes ago, Scott. said:

He’s a bench player for Brazil and he’s lucky he’s that. I can’t believe they picked him. He didn’t change the game against Barca at all. Good finish and he has a decent left peg on him that’s it. No what world do you live in? I’ve been calling united out for 10 years and guess what we’ve done absolutely fuck all in those years where as you’ve been in denial. That result is fucking disgusting. And it’s not a freak result. Same core group have been on the end of hidings for the last 3/4 years. How on earth is that a freak? When the going gets tough they turn it in

https://onefootball.com/en/news/how-antonys-introduction-against-fc-barcelona-changed-the-game-for-manchester-united-36857540

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/manchester-united-barcelona-ten-hag-antony-b2288458.htm

"Antony's will rank as one of the most important and came following a crucial switch by Ten Hag at the interval"  

yeh he had nothing to do with changing the game then... 

i'm genuinely bemused by the stuff you say sometimes it has to be a wind up. Sack the manager then - plays amazing football, impossible to beat at home, wins a trophy but looses to LFC 7-0 so sack him. 

Yes i'm in denial - the guy thats said countless time he want's us to get relegated and start again is saying i'm in denial.