The Official Football Topic

Cuth

5 hours ago, Roux said:

Go cry about it then and spit your dummy out. 

Witnessed more trophies in your lifetime than many fans could dream of. Nothing but spoilt, who thinks we have some divine right to win everything. 

ALL teams in any sport has unsuccessful periods. Complain all you like if you want - but your time as a fan could have been alot worse right - so be grateful.  Multiple trophies, buying some of the best players in the world and some incredible games - man, what a drag... you've had it tough buddy. 

Whatever pal. You’re exhausting. Can tell you’re one of those ‘it’s the taking part that counts’ melts 😂 it’s not about trophies btw it’s the club being driven into the ground for the last 10 years while City and Liverpool clean up. It’s been grim. I’ve said on multiple occasions I’d take going down to the conference if it got rid of the glazer rats. 

1 hour ago, Scott. said:

Whatever pal. You’re exhausting. Can tell you’re one of those ‘it’s the taking part that counts’ melts 😂 it’s not about trophies btw it’s the club being driven into the ground for the last 10 years while City and Liverpool clean up. It’s been grim. I’ve said on multiple occasions I’d take going down to the conference if it got rid of the glazer rats. 

Most depressing negative spoilt fan I've ever met - jog on and support someone else then, this is all abit to much for you supporting United. 

Liverpool turned you in to a right softie, broken mess. State of you 🤣

You wouldn't take going down to the conference - because all you ever want is to win win win, the ultimate glory supporter.  

You couldn’t be more wrong. The only mess here is you as you’ve broken character. You’re talking like a 13 year old. Go and support someone else 😂 you absolute child. Proper oddball. 

Anyway moving on, they need to be found guilty but I knew these cunts were corrupt also. I’ve been calling them out for years. I believe they were doping too with that blood bag scandal. Remember that semi final against Chelsea at the Bridge? It was beyond dodgy. Drogba thought it was too. I know this is domestic refs but you wouldn’t rule it out. 

28 minutes ago, Scott. said:

You couldn’t be more wrong. The only mess here is you as you’ve broken character. You’re talking like a 13 year old. Go and support someone else 😂 you absolute child. Proper oddball. 

Truth hurts i see. Not about trophies 🤣 - i forgot you never celebrated wining the UCL in 2008 - too busy protesting the Glazers. Never complained about the first 10 years of Glazers of course because they were winning... absolute hypocrite. 

Imagine being this rattled by the Scousers that you're on your knees. 

fukin hell' lets hear the 'blood bags' story for the millionth time. 

11 minutes ago, Roux said:

i replied to your comment towards me. Not the brightest thing to do when you try to move on - but i'll let you off, clearly been a rough few days for you pal. 

He lost 7-0 to his biggest rivals, if you’re not bothered by that- support another team. Clearly have no regard for football if that result doesn’t cut you deep. You’re projecting - accept that it hurts, move on later. You’ll still probably finish a place higher than us in your best season in years, and our worst 😂

17 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

He lost 7-0 to his biggest rivals, if you’re not bothered by that- support another team. Clearly have no regard for football if that result doesn’t cut you deep. You’re projecting - accept that it hurts, move on later. You’ll still probably finish a place higher than us in your best season in years, and our worst 😂

i'd support my team if we lost every game 7-0. 

why would it bother me? this is the happiest I've been in years supporting this club. We literally won our first trophy in years 2 weeks ago... playing great attacking football. One result isn't going to change that. 

Funny you mention 'projecting' - maybe you should learn fans don't all feel the same way as you or one another  - i know the ones I speak to are happy to take the hiding once in a while if it means we keep progressing and winning trophies - not like its our first time.

1 minute ago, Roux said:

why would it bother me? this is the happiest I've been in years supporting this club. We literally won our first trophy in years 2 weeks ago... playing great attacking football. One result isn't going to change that. 

Funny you mention 'projecting' - maybe you should learn fans don't all feel the same way as you or one another  - i know the ones I speak to are happy to take the hiding once in a while if it means we keep progressing and winning trophies - not like its our first time.

You broke records in how badly you lost? How does that not hurt? Against your rivals that are floundering ? I’d have more respect if you accepted that it hurts, because the hoops you’re jumping through to avoid saying that - tells me it does.

No reasonable person is saying one result is going to derail your season (or make ours) but you were embarrassed. Crack on, get third - but it was a titanic game and titanic failure 

14 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

You broke records in how badly you lost? How does that not hurt? Against your rivals that are floundering ? I’d have more respect if you accepted that it hurts, because the hoops you’re jumping through to avoid saying that - tells me it does.

No reasonable person is saying one result is going to derail your season (or make ours) but you were embarrassed. Crack on, get third - but it was a titanic game and titanic failure 

I mean i admire that you're desperately trying to make me feel sad about it - but i applied some rational thinking and it was very easy to overcome haha. 

I've been supporting this club my entire life - we've been embarrassed many times by rivals and non-rivals. Some hurt and some don't because of the context of what happened in that season. Really not difficult to understand. 

I have nothing but respect for the players who have been brilliant playing every 2/3 days since the WC and won nearly all of them. How can i be sad or hurt? I'm beaming.  

Losing to Brighton and Brentford in the first 2 games back to back hurt far worse than Liverpool game - you know why? Context. 

6 minutes ago, Roux said:

I mean i admire that you're desperately trying to make me feel sad about it - but i applied some rational thinking and it was very easy to overcome haha. 

I've been supporting this club my entire life - we've been embarrassed many times by rivals and non-rivals. Some hurt and some don't because of the context of what happened in that season. Really not difficult to understand. 

I have nothing but respect for the players who have been brilliant playing every 2/3 games since the WC and won nearly all of them . How can i be sad or hurt? i'm beaming.  

Losing to Brighton and Brentford hurt far worse than Liverpool game - you know why? Context. 

That makes 0 sense. Context is being battered by the struggling team you surely detest most? Or do you not support United? Football is about emotion. Your manager was devastated. Your captain’s head fell off. But you feel fine ? Why? 

I just don’t buy it. 

31 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

That makes 0 sense. Context is being battered by the struggling team you surely detest most? Or do you not support United? Football is about emotion. Your manager was devastated. Your captain’s head fell off. But you feel fine ? Why? 

I just don’t buy it. 

Why on earth are you telling me how to feel - its bizarre...

He wasn't devasted - he was disappointed and wanted a reaction and got one. He said setbacks will happen but its all part of the journey to rebuild the club. He publicly backed our captain, and praised him yesterday. Perfectly handled. 

Liverpool are still one of the best teams in Europe - they can thrash anyone on the day. If you don't know this then you're out of touch with this sport. 

I don't detest Liverpool or City - we have alot of good history with both clubs at an emotional level which goes beyond football. 

45 minutes ago, Roux said:

Why on earth are you telling me how to feel - its bizarre...

He wasn't devasted - he was disappointed and wanted a reaction and got one. He said setbacks will happen but its all part of the journey to rebuild the club. He publicly backed our captain, and praised him yesterday. Perfectly handled. 

Liverpool are still one of the best teams in Europe - they can thrash anyone on the day. If you don't know this then you're out of touch with this sport. 

I don't detest Liverpool or City - we have alot of good history with both clubs at an emotional level which goes beyond football. 

You’re just not striking me as a United fan at all. I would be devastated if it was the other way round. Playing your rivals always matters. That’s football. I think Ten Hag handles most things exceptionally, including this. That’s not the argument - I’m saying they felt it on the day. It’s not just some loss, it’s a thrashing to Liverpool. 

I’ve been watching us since I was about six years old, I know what we can do. I detest United. Always have, always will. That’s football. It’s tribalism. I like Ten Hag, Rashford etc. I still want to see you struggling.  It’s meant to hurt. Football without that emotional context becomes numbers on a board. 

How can you not hate city? A club devoid of soul. I appreciate what Pep has done with his current crop of protégés coming through becoming top managers - but city and their dominance can get fucked 

38 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

You’re just not striking me as a United fan at all. I would be devastated if it was the other way round. Playing your rivals always matters. That’s football. I think Ten Hag handles most things exceptionally, including this. That’s not the argument - I’m saying they felt it on the day. It’s not just some loss, it’s a thrashing to Liverpool. 

I’ve been watching us since I was about six years old, I know what we can do. I detest United. Always have, always will. That’s football. It’s tribalism. I like Ten Hag, Rashford etc. I still want to see you struggling.  It’s meant to hurt. Football without that emotional context becomes numbers on a board. 

How can you not hate city? A club devoid of soul. I appreciate what Pep has done with his current crop of protégés coming through becoming top managers - but city and their dominance can get fucked 

I'm not here to please you though am i? i can only tell you how i feel and you either accept it or don't. 

I never said rivalries don't matter - but I'd much rather win the war than the fight... and at this moment in time we are having a much better season than Liverpool - which nobody predicted-  so I'm content with that. Surely you can understand this logic?

City and Liverpool helped us during our darkest times - without both of their help and kindness during World War !! and the Munich Air disaster we may never have had a club. We stood together with Liverpool during the Hillsborough disaster and City players/staff were on the United plane that crashed - while its still a rivalry now we will always have that respect between us which goes beyond football. Ask any United fan and they will say the same. Just because this is recent i.e Pep and dominance doesn't mean our history should be forgotten. 

Wo do you think we should sign upfront out of interest @Roux 

Kane is the sure thing

Osihmen the most exciting 

Ramos looks very good all rounder and young but we’ve seen strikers before in Portugal rack up goals and they’re never as good as you think I do have a gut feeling about him though

15 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Wo do you think we should sign upfront out of interest @Roux 

Kane is the sure thing

Osihmen the most exciting 

Ramos looks very good all rounder and young but we’ve seen strikers before in Portugal rack up goals and they’re never as good as you think I do have a gut feeling about him though

Kane + Embolo as backup. Osihmen would be a dream signing though. Sell Martial and maybe keep Weghorst as 3rd choice. What you reckon?

14 minutes ago, Roux said:

Kane + Embolo as backup. Osihmen would be a dream signing though. Sell Martial and maybe keep Weghorst as 3rd choice. What you reckon?

Yeah I think Kane is the safest option and guaranteed goals, not just goals though he can play deeper too, I just think he’s a brilliant footballer. I’d sell Martial too, can’t stay fit, who the fuck is going to take him though on his wages? I’d sign Weggy too. Good option to bring off the bench when we need something different 

Poor game that. Officials have absolutely fucked us, harsh red for Casemiro when you see the challenges that have been let go this weekend, his foot bounces off the top of the ball and into the opponent, I don’t see how he can control that, then we should have had a pen, a clear handball. It’s fucking unbelievable even with VAR how poor the refs are in this country. 

I thought we were poor down to ten men. We have no control over games at all, it’s always chaotic with us. We desperately need a De Jong type signing this summer and tbf Ten Hag was desperate for him. The fixtures are starting to take its toll now tbh, Garnarcho probably out for a few weeks and Casemiro missing the next four. We’ve gone from a potential title race to scrapping for fourth in a matter of weeks ffs