The Official Football Topic

Cuth

I know Bolton play negatively but jesus, I am sick of the Bolton fans moaning about Megson.  Give him a chance, he has stabilised your club.  Even if he is not the answer you respect that you will be able to attract a better quality coach than you could last time because of his work ensuring you are a regular premier league club.

Also I got my tickets to Scotland Holland, think it will be important as Norway will beat us next week.  We have 8 players out :(

Concerning Liverpool, I don't think Mascherano will leave until next season.  Their next midfielder to leave will be Lucas who is going back to Brazil.  Think its a shame as I like him, just didn't get a chance to shine and was played out of position.  Not his fault Gerrard is amazing and refuses to play out of position.

• Like 4

Concerning Liverpool, I don't think Mascherano will leave until next season. 

Agreed,i wont begrudge him a move next season if he really wants to go to Barca,i think we would have had long enough to find a replacement for him by then,who knows Jay Spearing may be the one! bags of potential really good little terrier.wikll be intresting to see who we get when Xabi goes,Aquillani looks the most likely,classy player but bit worried by his injury problems.Defour at Standard is a good player as well so who knows.

good luck to Celtic cant remember wether its tonight or tommorow,really difficult to win in Russia at the best of times but was really impressed with Celtic at the wembley cup and i think in time Mowbray will prove a very wise choice

ah the famous 4-1. its all you have to show for your season. bahahahahahahahahaha.

Should keep him then, play him in every single game. I know for  afact most Liverpool fans think he's shit too. Xabi is one of the few Liverpool players i admire along with Gerrard and Torres, shame he's going to spain - his passing ability is phenomenal.

Knowing Rafa, with the money he gets from Xabi - he'll buy 29 unknown south american players.

If I were Rafa I would go for Defour before Aquilani, he is too injury prone and frankly I don't see what the fuss is about.

Defour is club captain at 21 and slick on the ball and is going to be a big big player in my eyes.

i agree perhaps defour looks a better bet,i wouldnt mind a cheeky bid for Mikkel Arteta,would love to see him playing in red.

Bloody good signing he is, very underrated.

I disagree, amazing player few years back but I think his best years are behind him and Arsenal got very good money for a 28/29 year old.

...not that they will spend it on anyone other than maybe some french 17 year old for 600k, typical Wenger.

couldnt agree more,Toure has been on the decline for a while. think Arsenal will suprise a few people this year.

Liverpool will struggle without Alonso, it will put further pressure on Gerrard and Torres. I also think they are weak in the centre of defence.

agree Alonso will be a big miss but disagree with the comment about our centre halves! perhaps we need a 4th (Distin has been linked) but barring injuries the 4th choice cb would only play the odd game and perhaps in the carling cup.Carra has so much experience in domestic and european football,Skrtel has been brilliant since he joined,real blood and thunder defender in the vidic mold and Agger is such a gifted footballer technically he could even play centre mid and not look out of place,so im pretty happy we have the right blend at the back.

the two places i think we need to strengthen are central midfield and another top striker rather than 3 or 4 very average ones.

Fair enough, I think Carragher is a little over-rated but that's just my opinion. I do however think the signing of Johnson is a very good one, he was probably the best attacking right full back in the league last year.

I know Bolton play negatively but jesus, I am sick of the Bolton fans moaning about Megson.  Give him a chance, he has stabilised your club.  Even if he is not the answer you respect that you will be able to attract a better quality coach than you could last time because of his work ensuring you are a regular premier league club.

If you had to watch the shite we were shown by him week in week out, you'd want him out. He nearly relegated us two seasons ago, we were safe in December clear of the drop, we then sold Anelka, Megson failed to sign strikers despite it being obvious to those outside the club that Anelka would be leaving as early as december, Rasiak was brought in by Megson at the last minute in a panic, the only "attacking" player we signed in the window and we then went on a dreadful run, the worst stage perhaps being when we lost 1-0 to a ten man Wigan side, (The player was sent off for Wigan after just a few minutes in the first half), were 2-0 up against a ten man Arsenal side and lost 3-2 and then lost 4-0 away to Villa.

He insults the fans, states we need attacking players but never signs any (other than Elmander who he then plays out of position because of the lack of a creative midfielder), and is so negative it's unbelivable. Against Stoke we were 1-0 down, 10 minutes to go, we had everyone in the box defending a throw in, we cleared the first ball, a stoke player shot from out side the area, deflected to Fuller in the 6 yard box who tapped it in. So many goals we concede are because of this. Every corner, throw or set piece is defended in the same shocking manner. There is never any sense of risk or attacking urgency even when we are loosing with just a few minutes left to go. Players like Wilhelmson and Puygrenier who have now left us have stated Megson wanted to hold out for 0-0 draws in every game and did not want to do anything that would risk giving the opposition the chance to score. So negative it's untrue. All i can praise him for is signing mainly English players, keeping the club's debt in order and to an extent, stabilising the club. If we don't progress this season, he can no longer claim we are in transition and can stop bloody saying that we were below Derby before he took charge of the club. I also wish he'd stop biging up every team we play, stating it will be hard for us to win, especially when it's against a team we should try and beat. Just inspires no confidence in the players or fans.

I'm not expecting us to be as good as we were under Big Sam, that just isn't going to happen unless we do a Man City. Mid table medicority is all we can realisitically aim for. I just wish we were more attacking and not as negative, if we were entertaining to watch and tried not to go out in the first round of every cup competition, finishing 15th wouldn't be too bad.

Rant over.

Is anyone up for doing a fantasy football league this season?