The Official Football Topic

Cuth

Seriously, this game is actually on norwegian television, craaaaaaaaaaaazey.

With Huth and Wheater still in the ranks we`ll have the best defence by far in the league. And Tuncay as long as it lasts :-)

Not too happy about Lita though. Having just, well, subject to confirmation, moved on one non-scoring troublemaking misfit it seems we're about to recruit another.

And he's not even the big target man that we need at least one, if not two, of as a priority.

You'll never make it :)

Time will tell pal. The only one of those who would really trouble us is Arsenal. Cannot wait.

Me being negative = You winning

Let's keep it that way. All those teams you mentioned is better than you on paper, but my hopes are for celtic.

Man Utd are looking strong for the prem this year, Owen is looking amazing (ok he fluffed 2 great chances but he is getting loads of chances now).

Real Madrid and City are gunna do crap this year until about January I predict, they will need a while to gel their teams.

I really need to support a team this year in the EPL, anybody wanna pick one for me?

I used to support Man Utd but fucking Glazer made it too expensive for me to go see games, so fuck utd, hence I now support FCUM, but I wanna get following a prem team. Any suggestions?

Man Utd are looking strong for the prem this year, Owen is looking amazing (ok he fluffed 2 great chances but he is getting loads of chances now).

Real Madrid and City are gunna do crap this year until about January I predict, they will need a while to gel their teams.

I really need to support a team this year in the EPL, anybody wanna pick one for me?

I used to support Man Utd but fucking Glazer made it too expensive for me to go see games, so fuck utd, hence I now support FCUM, but I wanna get following a prem team. Any suggestions?

Man City.

jess - marvin emnes will be amazing this season, his goal against macelsfield pre season is incredible. he had the potential last season, for me he was one of the best players on the pitch against newcastle, also johnson will come into his own.

everyone in Manchester supports city

I would support Fullham.  They finished 8th last year and have destroyed a team in Europe 6-1 on aggregate tonight.  I think it would be fun to support them as they will try pushing for top 6 this season and go for a cup run.  Also they have some very good players and have signed a few attacking type players this summer so far.

Arsenal, Lyon, Sporting, Panathanaikos or Stuttgart

I would take Lyon or Panathanaikos because Lyon have sold Benzema and got rid of another of their forwards plus they are not the same team they once were a few years ago.  Also I think our style of play would be interesting against them as we are probably the more physical side.  They would still be tough to beat though.

I think Panathanikos would be the easiest game although it would be very tight.  They are well organised and play defensive so it would be similar to the Moscow game.

I would support Fullham.  They finished 8th last year and have destroyed a team in Europe 6-1 on aggregate tonight.  I think it would be fun to support them as they will try pushing for top 6 this season and go for a cup run.  Also they have some very good players and have signed a few attacking type players this summer so far.

Arsenal, Lyon, Sporting, Panathanaikos or Stuttgart

I would take Lyon or Panathanaikos because Lyon have sold Benzema and got rid of another of their forwards plus they are not the same team they once were a few years ago.  Also I think our style of play would be interesting against them as we are probably the more physical side.  They would still be tough to beat though.

I think Panathanikos would be the easiest game although it would be very tight.  They are well organised and play defensive so it would be similar to the Moscow game.

I follow Lique1 quite closely and seriously think Lyon would turn Celtic over, yes they have lost Benzema but have you seen their signings??

Lisandro Lopez for £20.6m, pace, skill and a wicked shot, Argentine International

Bafetimbi Gomis for £11.1m from St Etienne. He has been scoring goals for fun the last couple of seasons, is big, quick and powerful and has recently broke into French squad.

Aly Cissokho for £13m, fullback snatched from under the noses of AC Milan

Michel Bastos for £15m from Lille as well.

Benzema has been lost but their squad is ridiculously better overall than last year.

On top of class players like Toulaloun, Govou and Kallstrom it will be very very very difficult, hope you do it though.

Sucks Xabi Alonso left Liverpool, He was one of my favorite players.

Making this sticky.

Oh, the power. People, join fantasy league!

jess - marvin emnes will be amazing this season, his goal against macelsfield pre season is incredible. he had the potential last season, for me he was one of the best players on the pitch against newcastle, also johnson will come into his own.

I agree, Marvin sure got some tricks up his sleeve and he`s only 22.  He could be a CH-hit, but then again i don`t think he`ll be steady enough to become a regular. Johnson will fucking turn that league upside down, that is if we keep him...