The Official Football Topic

Cuth

Unlucky Celtic, bad start but in the second half they have been outclassed again.

It's a shame really, Celtic do have some really good players but I think the lack of quality opposition week in week out puts them out of their depth against the top sides.

Their fans have been top drawer tonight however.

Also, Wilshere is going to be some player...you can tell by his touches, movements and eye of pass that he is a natural footballer.

Although we were outclassed in both matches we were very unlucky and if things had been different I think it would have been closer.  In the first leg Gallas goal was right on the stroke of half time which deflated us and then the own goal just killed it.  Then as we are starting to get a rhythm Eduardo dives and the contest is over.  Our heads went down and morale hit rock bottom but not too bothered.  Think we can win the Europa League.

Real shame about the match yesterday. I'm really unhappy with Arsenal getting that penalty, although over the two legs we were both outplayed and outclassed. Incredible wonder-volley from Donati, goal of the tie which is at least some conselation.

Overall I'm very proud of how well our bhoys played, and on another day things could have been different. The Europa League is a much more manageable level of football for a team like us at the moment, and I think we have as good as chance as anyone of going the whole way. Really looking forward to the tie tomorrow, hope we get some good clashes (Fulham, Werder Bremen, Rapid Vienna etc.)

I'd also like to congratulate Rapid on knocking Aston Villa out, as the underdogs they really did well. I've been a fan of this side ever since I saw them in Austria and I hope we (Celtic) get drawn into their group.

Massimo Donati leaving Celtic btw, real shame as I think he was flourishing under Mowabray. Best of luck to you Massimo, you'll never be forgotten for your 92nd minute match-winner against Shakhtar on 28th Nov 07. One of the best moments of my life, thankyou.

hail hail c'mon the hoops

HAHAHA I'm just reading the Arsenal vs Celtic match report on Celtic's website, it's description of Eduardo's dive is so funny.

CELTIC bowed out of the UEFA Champions League after a shocking dive from Eduardo

once again the nature of the English side's opening goal was hard to take for Celtic. In the first leg, Arsenal won 2-0 courtesy of two freak deflections.

This time, the Gunners profited from blatant cheating by Eduardo.

The Brazilian-born Croat shamed himself with a piece of Oscar-winning theatrics to earn the first-half penalty that gave Arsenal a disputed lead.

Chasing his own flick inside the box, the Croatian moved towards Boruc and threw himself to the ground as the Pole came off his line. It was a shocking dive but Spanish referee Manuel Gonzalez was conned and Eduardo converted the spot-kick.

Guest Millzy

Can't believe all the shit eduardo is getting in the press about this. The poor lad has never done this before, and I agree it was wrong, but what about peope like drogba and ronaldo who have been conning refs and cheating all their careers? Even the untouchable stevie g throws himself to the ground at any point and nothing is mentioned. Unfortunately it's now a part of the game and it will always exist. I don't agree with it and in no way condone it, but we're all gonna have to accept it's gonna keep happening.