The Official Football Topic

Cuth

The Chelsea Liverpool game was always gonna be a tight one and it was decided by a couple of mistakes and good play by Drogba,we had our chances but just didnt take them simple as that,it happens in some games and im not worried yet.

i agree about the internationals,dont watch them unless its world cup or euro's

but im suprised at how Capello can constantly overlook Darren Bent.......if Agbonlahor is a better player than him im a monkeys aunt!!

The Chelsea Liverpool game was always gonna be a tight one and it was decided by a couple of mistakes and good play by Drogba,we had our chances but just didnt take them simple as that,it happens in some games and im not worried yet.

i agree about the internationals,dont watch them unless its world cup or euro's

but im suprised at how Capello can constantly overlook Darren Bent.......if Agbonlahor is a better player than him im a monkeys aunt!!

Are you not forgetting Heskey???

I think Heskey is a given in Capello's squad.personally i dont rate him at all,i was having an argument with a couple of coaches the other day about Heskey,they argue he SHOULD start for England because of the work he does and space he creates for others plus because as we are English we have to play the "English " way and use a big man and a small man up front with Heskey being the big man. I think all that is nonsense personally,i think we can play 2 smaller strikers up Front ala Rooney ( who i dont think is that small and weak anyways!) and Defoe. look at Spain for Example,Torres and Villa are hardly big brutes and they have been fairly succesful using those 2,going back a few years some people may remember Romario and Bebeto tearing up defences whilst playing for Brazil.Again they argued that we arent Brazil or Spain and that technically we cant compete with those nations and we have to play to our strengths ie hoof it to the big lump and hope he can hold it! if this is the view of most coaches no wonder wer are so far behind other countries!

and if they are going to play a "big man" up top dont make it somebody who couldnt find a net if he was in a net shop with a big arrow pointing to one saying `BIG NET HERE`

i like Carlton Cole,i think he has real potential to finally develop into the player he should have been a few years ago.

I hate the international break aswell. I couldn't care less how Terry and co. do for England, they're wankers when playing for Chelsea and still are when they play for England.

What annoys me most about Heskey is that there are better target men around, Carlton Cole should start for me with Davo and Crouch ahead of Heskey in the pecking order.

I love the international breaks! I really hope we kick some swedish ass on saturday and get our ticket to the World Cup

for me nothing is more important than the national team.

It's my friends 21rst birthday party and I have to go before 8.  I want to see this match so much :(

Hopefully Denmark and Sweeden will qualify although Hungary qualifying would be ace.

Roux or anyone who may know, do you have the passcode for the blink league for fantasy?

I can't find it anywhere because it was posted in a new topic i think - lemme try find it again...

Here ya go lads:

Fantasy league code to join:

108457-173345

I know you guys will be behind a few games, but you can still win the weekly total, and who knows - theres enough games to play to catch up.

Roux or anyone who may know, do you have the passcode for the blink league for fantasy?

I can't find it anywhere because it was posted in a new topic i think - lemme try find it again...

Here ya go lads:

Fantasy league code to join:

108457-173345

I know you guys will be behind a few games, but you can still win the weekly total, and who knows - theres enough games to play to catch up.

Joined with The Cones

Please god, let our team look something like this in the next month or so :)

Rooney   Berbatov

Nani      Carrick/Fletcher       Hargreaves      Valencia

Evra      Vidic           Ferdinand       O'Shea

Van Der Sar

Hargeaves was average in the middle before his injury. He ended up playing right wing/right back by the champions league final. I think he would be best on the wing given the form of our wingers. We have enough central midfielders already too feltch/carrick/scholes/giggs/anderson/gibson and probably some more!

Please god, let our team look something like this in the next month or so :)

Rooney   Berbatov

Nani      Carrick/Fletcher       Hargreaves      Valencia

Evra      Vidic           Ferdinand       O'Shea

Van Der Sar

Hargeaves was average in the middle before his injury. He ended up playing right wing/right back by the champions league final. I think he would be best on the wing given the form of our wingers. We have enough central midfielders already too feltch/carrick/scholes/giggs/anderson/gibson and probably some more!

you might be right about him playing right wing - he's a great crosser too, something we lack.