The Official Football Topic

Cuth

some one wants to get down to OT sharpish and test Nani because he was fuckin' incredible today!!! well played lad, why can't he play like that every game

rooney 4 goals  :-) what a player. my fantasy footy captain, 40 points for me. just jizzed everywhere  :lol:

top of the league  :-)

everton

rangers

Absolutely disgusting.

lol celtic hahaha your probably in the ira though aint ya. jog on dick head. i dont support rangers i just like the club.

:?

Typical hun intelligence lad, take no notice of it! Luckily i don't associate with any of that lot in real life so my exposure is limited to these deluded morons on the internet.

I always give Rooney the kiss of life. Whenever I say he's playing badly, he goes on and plays amazing. Honestly, for the first 60 minutes he was awful. Infact I think he only had 4 touches all game but can't complain with 4 goals haha.

Nani was the real man of the match.

And ive got another query. Vennegor of hesselink can barely get a game at Hull. Is that a showing of how bad the SPL is or is he just past his best? I never really saw him in Scotland but I heard decent things about him.

And ive got another query. Vennegor of hesselink can barely get a game at Hull. Is that a showing of how bad the SPL is or is he just past his best? I never really saw him in Scotland but I heard decent things about him.

I dunno. From what I've seen, Hull have been trying to use him as an impact sub. He's definitely a good striker, and he always comes out for the big games. Has a lot of Champions League experience (has scored again Barca and Man Utd). He's also been capped 17 times for Holland who aren't exactly lacking good strikers! So yeah he is a good player, I guess sometimes it just takes a while to settle into a new club. Or maybe he doesn't fit into the manager's plans too well right now. But at age 31 he doesn't have long left, so I hope he finds his feet soon. In any case I'll always remember the big man for his Barca, Man Utd, and 94th minute vs Rangers goals.

The Ac V Inter game is on tomorrow from 7 on ESPN, which is free this weekend :)

Buddy Holly, what is that danish guy like.  Hopefully he is clinical as that's what we need and do you think he can play in europe etc.

EDIT - Just to let you know Ricky, I disagree with Rory's opinion on JVOH.  He was good the first two seasons for us but the third was blighted by hamstring injuries, he gets them all the time now and is past his best.  Don't get me wrong, he had talent and was great in Holland and in the Champions League for us but to be truthful he struggled in the SPL in the last year.  He committed way too many fouls and was really poor at heading, like crouch in a way.  Also he was pretty clumsy, falling over which did get  us penalties but the fouls were annoying, as well as some of his tackles being horrific.  He should have  been red carded more than he was.  To be fair to him, he does give 100% though but the SPL is more competitive than people criticize it for, just not enough money up here, mainly thanks to Setanta collapsing and Sky pumping money in the the premiership since 2000.

He came on against Bolton and had good movement, hold up play and link up. Just missed a sitter right at the end when he should have scored...