The Official Football Topic

Cuth

At least they're getting plenty of Europa League practice this year ready for next season.

Low coombsy,low.......

what can i say,just getting fed up with it now really,a manager who has proved he is clueless in the league and was only still in his job because he was good tactically in europe,however he has become equally clueless in the champions league as well this season,finishing 3rd in a woefully average group. Players who seem to not give a fuck and wont play,others who CANT play and how on earth they ended up at liverpool is a mystery to me! Owners who make the Glazers look like fucking santa claus! and you know the worst thing is we are likely to get JURGEN KLINSMAN in to replace Rafa,a prime example of a hideously run club from top to bottom. we will be lucky to scrape into the europa league and the worst thing is we dont even deserve to qualify for that!!!!

FUCK RAFA,FUCK STEVIE,FUCK THE LOT OF YOU!!!!

I think Liverpool have not addressed some clear problems for a few years now.  They still don't have a top quality left back, Insua is very good but he is still too young for me.  He would be a great backup, they need someone better.  Also they need a right winger, I know they signed Maxi who I thought would be a great signing but i haven't seen much of him so I don't know how he has done, anyway they need another one.

Also a change of formation, it just doesn't work.

I think Liverpool have not addressed some clear problems for a few years now.  They still don't have a top quality left back, Insua is very good but he is still too young for me.  He would be a great backup, they need someone better.  Also they need a right winger, I know they signed Maxi who I thought would be a great signing but i haven't seen much of him so I don't know how he has done, anyway they need another one.

Also a change of formation, it just doesn't work.

Maxi has been awful,just shocking,doesnt bring anything to us,is never in the game and actually looks scared!! in the mersey derby he just didnt want the ball and thats unforgiveable. When Insua first broke through i thought he was going to be class but im sorry hes just not upto premiership level football,incredible to think we let Riise go and now we are left with Insua and "im made of glass" Aurellio. we have 1 out and out wide player,by this i mean somebody who stays wide tries to beat his man and get crosses in,Riera,yet he cant get a game over the useless Maxi. we have no right midfielder and continue to play a centre forward there. wether we play Wigan or Real Madrid our tactics never change,benitez has no plan b,and quite frankly im begining to think he doesnt have a plan a either!!! cannot wait for this disaster of a season to be over!

I think the main problem is Rafa's formation - why the need for 2 defensive 'holding midfielders' in Lucas and Mascherano? Not one of them has an ounce of creativity. Aquilani has the creativity but lacks pretty much everything else - as predicted, far to soft for the English league. Couple that with their joke of a youth system, which seems more like a youth hostle then football academy. Rafa is much more to blame then the owners.

I think Aqualini's criticism is unfair, he was out for a while and it takes time to adapt.  Maybe he just doesn't suit Rafa's formation, I think he will come good.  I also really like Lucas, but he was an attacking midfielder for Brazil, box to box until he went to Liverpool  I think Liverpool need a new manager as Benitez is too stubborn to change.

He could adapt if Rafa played him more often - there's been so many times this season where Rafa had the chance to play Aquilani because of injuries/suspensions etc and chosen not to play him from the start. Weird for a player who was supposed to be a direct replacement for Alonso.

Yeah I think that is stupid, Aqualini is one of the buys that I could actually see flourishing on that team, I also think he needs to play Babel way more then he does.

Babel would have been a star by now under Wenger at Arsenal. He should have gone to them when he had the chance.

He's so damn good and does not get enough time to shine, its stupid.

So not true, he is a 1 trick pony, got a good shot...far to inconsistent, he has had runs in the team and has never done enough. I'd sell for £6-8m if the opportunity arose.

He would be alot better with more games (how many games has he started in a row???) You also forgot to mention that he's one of the quickest players at the club.