The Official Football Topic

Cuth

Inter will beat Barca,will have a tenner on it with you ;)

and Bayern will beat Lyon,im leaning towards Bayern winning the whole thing

i hope they don't win it, be even harder for us united fans to take because we blew them away that first half, they won't win it

Inter will beat Barca,will have a tenner on it with you ;)

and Bayern will beat Lyon,im leaning towards Bayern winning the whole thing

i hope they don't win it, be even harder for us united fans to take because we blew them away that first half, they won't win it

football is about 90 mins tho buddy,overall on the 2 legs i though Bayern deserved to go through!

* puts tin hat on and waits for barrage of abuse!

fuck. didn't deserve it. we did so well to come back after everyone said 'aww they are out now' no rooney, they're fucked, we blasted them away. harsh red card and it's game over. i don't think they deserved it. but i would say that ha

dont think it was a harsh red card at all.

2 clear bookings,2nd was crazy,ribery is 30 yards at least from goal with plenty of united defenders back and van der sar to beat and he has 2 bites at him! inexperience showed there. cant blame Bayern for asking the ref either,had the boot been on the other foot utd wud have been asking for sure! then Bayern used that German efficiency to make utd work and punished them with a goal worthy of winning any tie.

Bayern were coming back into it after they scored as well so who knows what wuda happened.

Bayern deserved to go through, after the first 20 minutes of the first leg they were the better team and they kept the ball brilliantly and did what they had to last night, two silly bookings from Rafael but he's young and he'll learn. It did amuse me that Ferguson was saying 'typical germans' about trying to get Rafael booked, all teams do that when a player on a yellow puts a challenge in. Fergie was also complaining about Bayern targeting Rooney's ankle, why shouldn't they? Fair enough its not gonna win them any fair play awards but at that level of competition why not, expose the other teams weaknesses, it's a mans game and the chances are your going to get knocked about a bit by two centre backs like Van Buyten and Demichelis anyway.

you as a Leeds fan hate United. probably.

Probably true.

Doesn't make his points any less true, United have no one to blame other than Rafael for his sending off...it was inexperienced and foolish to tug away on someone like that when they are already booked.

Also quite hypocritical to blame Bayern for cheating, diving etc...every team does it, you just always pick up on the incidents that go against you rather than for you.

Man United deserved to go out in the end, you don't win a tie by playing well in the first 20 mins of the away leg and first 35 mins at home. Which is all United did in reality.

Rafael is like that, he gives away stupid fouls. age has nothing to do with it, it comes down to common sense really. although i do think the refs are so petty in europe, if it was in the prem i don't think he would of recieved a red for that. like people say it's a mans game just shrug him off for fuck sakes. i still think it was harsh.

anyway. macbeth London what has happened to Leeds season? gone downhill since you beat United. would you rather have not beaten us and win league one?