The Official Football Topic

Cuth

So, entirely disagree with City's emergency signing of Fulop. We should've signed a half-rate keeper from say...I dunno, West Ham or whatever and stuck him on the bench and played Nielson. It's only fair really. As it is we have a decent keeper and the rightful reserve on the bench. Totally done because of our proximity to the end of the season.

Guest Millzy

It wasnt a harsh red, Scott. Why do you keep saying it? Two textbook yellow cards. Could have been a straight red for first challenge for violent conduct.

Anyway its all in the past. Bayern in the final. United knocked out in the 1/4 finals. Time to let it go.

Guest Millzy

i hope Inter put Barca out. come on Jose.

i'll never agree that Bayern were the better team when we scored 3 goals in about 30mins. the goals they scored were all mistakes.

It's not about dominating a game for 30 minutes though. There's 180 minutes in 2 legs of football. How was the Robben goal a mistake? If it was Scholes who scored it you'd be wanking furiously into your mouth. How about Utd goal away in Germany. The only reason Rooney scored was cos the defender slipped, same as the Olic goal at OT. The Gibson goal only went in cos the keeper's sight was blocked by his defender, otherwise he saves that shot every day of the week. Just admit over the 2 legs Bayern played better and deserved to go through.

Hurts me to say it though, dirty Germans. Go on Cristjan, report me again you pecker.

lmao.

i hope Inter put Barca out. come on Jose.

i'll never agree that Bayern were the better team when we scored 3 goals in about 30mins. the goals they scored were all mistakes.

It's not about dominating a game for 30 minutes though. There's 180 minutes in 2 legs of football. How was the Robben goal a mistake? If it was Scholes who scored it you'd be wanking furiously into your mouth. How about Utd goal away in Germany. The only reason Rooney scored was cos the defender slipped, same as the Olic goal at OT. The Gibson goal only went in cos the keeper's sight was blocked by his defender, otherwise he saves that shot every day of the week. Just admit over the 2 legs Bayern played better and deserved to go through.

Hurts me to say it though, dirty Germans. Go on Cristjan, report me again you pecker.

lmao.

Are you talking about the Robben goal that knocked out Man U?  If so that strike was beautiful.

I think 2point5 just made my post before I made it myself. Yes you scored 3 at Old Trafford in 30 minutes but then you flopped out and did barely anything else for the next hour (don't blame the Rafael decision, it WAS a red) and yes Rooney scored early in the first leg but after that it was Bayern doing all the pressing, especially in the second half,

I must say Scott, you have an incredibly clouded view when it comes to Man United sometimes. I mean everyone has a little bias towards their team but you never seem to be able to ever see their shortcomings and just accept that on that particular day, they were not good enough...Rafael was niave and after he got sent off you just sat back on what you had when you should have been still taking the game to Bayern looking for the goal that would kill them off.

the goal was incredible i'm not denying that. brilliant player too. i just can't believe bayern are in the final

Well they knocked Fiorentina out, then knocked out the finalist of the last two years competition in Manchester United and then knocked out Lyon (a team that took Real Madrid down)....that's why they are in the final. They are there not because they are the best team in the tournament but because they had the typical German efficiency and when push came to shove they got the job done.

we didn't sit back Dan! we had 3 or 4 chances to score again. yeah they knocked out Fiorentina because the linesman was a blind cunt and they knocked united out because of the harsh red, i could understand if it was a scoring chance but ribery was in the middle of the park no trouble at all. he shook Rafa off then moaned to the ref along with about 7 players to get the young lad sent off. i'm sorry, but if you check my past posts i always congratulate a team if they beat us (if it's deserved) i'm not that bias. it's just this game i can't get my head around and i'm not the only one, all the footy pundits are saying the same thing.

can't be assed with this anymore, i'll respect your opinion. respect mine.

the end.