The Official Football Topic

Cuth

Valencia 1 - 1 Atletico de Madrid

First good half, but in the second half we were shittt. No Aguero & Ujfalusi though, and they were very tired (Last thursday UEFA Cup match, then saturday vs. Barcelona, and today Valencia).

Sir Alex Ferguson was in the stadium watching the match. Went to see Valencia coz of the Champions League, but Im sure he wanted to see De Gea aswell...

I watched the Atletico match a bit Adri, only saw last 5 mins of first half and the second half so it looked like Valencia dominated a bit to me but obv didn't see the period of play you said about, must have been quite gutting to concede that late after leading for so long, I still think you'll have a good season and pinch a CL spot though.

Not really a partner, it's more a fan affinity thing but the club played them in a friendly in Summer.  Also their fans wear alot of Celtic tops!  They also hate Hamburg fans because they are protestant.

We were awesome on Wednesday night although Juarez missed one of the worst sitters I have seen in ages.

Nice article about how fucked European football is financially

http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/news/_/id/5580467/european-football-eating-itself

Aye that is a good article. It will be interesting to see what happens with the sport in the next few years. Something major needs to happen to get all the clubs under control and the wages, especially in the premiership are eye watering.

The SPL is hardly the most prestige league around but we found out our limits a few years ago and things are slowly but surely getting under control. The same will happen with the other leagues. It's ridiculous the way the champions league is set up to benefit the powerful teams/leagues. The plus side for my team and league are that hopefully the other leagues actually spend what they can afford and that will make the sport a more even playing field.