The Official Football Topic

Cuth

Just got our order in from Ultras Shop. Gonna be a good season  8-)

270590_10150319998507112_591917111_94363

284008_10150319998927112_591917111_94363

282108_10150319998637112_591917111_94363

Over £200 worth of pyrotechnics and till roll  8-) Not all for FC United/Man United. The green flare's for a mate to take to Leeds festival and the non red smoke bombs are for some of the Ipwich Section 6 Ultras. Oh and the red/black flags are for my mates who support Alty.

Haha at first I thought you played and had bought shit loads of sock tape  :lol:

Yeah keep posting Justin, you're sound.

Torres was scary good when he came, I told all my mates to look out for him when he was at Atletico because I used to watch revista de la liga, was gutted when he joined Liverpool.

Off work tomorrow, so staying up till 3am to watch United Vs. Seattle Sounders, hope to see some of the youngsters have a run out.

Watched a great lil doc on Ole Solskjaer just now, what a player and what a lovely man, did you know he was a Liverpool fan as a boy Joe? gutted  :lol:

If Torres doesn't start the season well the pressure on him will be ridiculous. He liked to play on the shoulder of the defender at Liverpool and Chelsea don't do that. They tend to give it to their fullbacks to cross in the box or play with slow build up around the box looking for an intricate pass or flick. Will be interesting to see if Villas Boas caters to Torres's needs or not. Modric should help Torres a lot though, they need a midfielder with Essien out. Will be interesting to see if Benayoun gets fit and can play since I thought he was always a decent player.

Yeah he hasn't meshed well yet, but I'm sure the talent must still be there.  I agree with you though, he thrives alone up top.. I wonder what it'll take to get Modric at this point. I hear rumblings of a Drogba transfer, whether it's to Marseilles or not, which I think would help and that kind of money can easily bring in Modric and another striker if need be... like Lukaku, which Chelsea had placed a bid on.  Should be interesting, though.  

@ Scott, he was honestly before my time; but what I just read about him was really impressive.

Shame no one jumped on that and brought those glory days to Anfield.

Torres's injuries have also killed him as a player, that insane pace he showed in the 07-08 season was killed after the world cup. He's still a critical finisher, but he is a kind of a diva as a player. He needs that assistance from the mid field to really work his magic and part of the reason he did so well here was because he had Steven Gerrard and Xabi Alonso.

I still think Liverpool did a good bit of business getting him for that price, Roman must have really wanted him.

I'd put a bid in for Aguero if you could afford it. That guy is unreal, I've never seen Lukaku play before but Aguero is class. However, the one time I saw Aguero play in the flesh he got sent off after 30 seconds coming on as a sub for spitting at the linesman!!! I'd try and offload Anelka and Drogba, then have Torres, Sturridge and Aguero/Lukaku as your main strikers.

I think the flares and stuff are awesome, bet it's a far better laugh watching FC United than United at Old Trafford.

It so is man. The amount of laughs and good times I've had at FC is ridiculous, as where at Old Trafford all I've had is trouble and just feel bored as fuck there. I wont go anyway cause of the Glazers but that was only until recently, before then I'd try and go as often as possible but I just didn't enjoy it. Still went for the sake of watching United but there's just no fun in being sat in a silent stadium where I feel intimidated by the stewards. Fucking hate the CES stewards, been thrown out before for the most ridiculous reasons, one even pushed me down the stairs once after he confiscated a flag off me. Got to the point where I once walked into Old Trafford and next thing I knew I was surrounded by CES and suddenly around 30 odd police came round the corner shouting at me telling me to get the corner. They then cornered me off and told me that CES and Manchester United have told them that I'm a "known anit-Glazer activist" and told me that they want me to stay away from Old Trafford for the foreseeable future. I had never even done one thing wrong. Haven't been back since. Will do aways but it'll be a long time 'till I'm back inside Old Trafford. Just makes me love FC more, such a different atmosphere, friends with all the board members, I'm a part owner of the club. Stand, sing, shout, wave flags, throw till rolls, set off flares and smoke bombs, bounce, hang off the back of stands- you can be thrown out or even band from United for doing just one of those but at FC we're doing all of them almost every week!

I think the flares and stuff are awesome, bet it's a far better laugh watching FC United than United at Old Trafford.

It so is man. The amount of laughs and good times I've had at FC is ridiculous, as where at Old Trafford all I've had is trouble and just feel bored as fuck there. I wont go anyway cause of the Glazers but that was only until recently, before then I'd try and go as often as possible but I just didn't enjoy it. Still went for the sake of watching United but there's just no fun in being sat in a silent stadium where I feel intimidated by the stewards. Fucking hate the CES stewards, been thrown out before for the most ridiculous reasons, one even pushed me down the stairs once after he confiscated a flag off me. Got to the point where I once walked into Old Trafford and next thing I knew I was surrounded by CES and suddenly around 30 odd police came round the corner shouting at me telling me to get the corner. They then cornered me off and told me that CES and Manchester United have told them that I'm a "known anit-Glazer activist" and told me that they want me to stay away from Old Trafford for the foreseeable future. I had never even done one thing wrong. Haven't been back since. Will do aways but it'll be a long time 'till I'm back inside Old Trafford. Just makes me love FC more, such a different atmosphere, friends with all the board members, I'm a part owner of the club. Stand, sing, shout, wave flags, throw till rolls, set off flares and smoke bombs, bounce, hang off the back of stands- you can be thrown out or even band from United for doing just one of those but at FC we're doing all of them almost every week!

Yeah, wish I lived in Manchester, I'd be there, obviously it's great supporting United but FC United is great too because you get that 'real' football experience, it's proper football, if you get me, none of this glitz and glamour and money, just proper lads playing football.

haha just heard too that Celtic fans were singing Swansea chants to Cardiff tonight in their friendly  :lol: fucking classic.

Celtic for the SPL!!!!!  :-D

Yeah, wish I lived in Manchester, I'd be there, obviously it's great supporting United but FC United is great too because you get that 'real' football experience, it's proper football, if you get me, none of this glitz and glamour and money, just proper lads playing football.

Exactly mate!! If you don't mind me asking, where abouts in the UK do you live? Could always get yourself down to an FC away match