Cuth

The Official Football Topic

Was a great game last night, atmosphere was great as well - a complete myth that the stadium can't generate some noise when the crowd and team are up for it.

Everyone had a good game last night, was really happy for Fredricks as he's barely had a chance and then got injured but looks like he can offer something. The whole defence was superb though - Diop is an absolute unit and Ogbonna had his first good game in ages.

Rice was class as well, broke up play, ran with the ball from midfield to start attacks as well - if I had to guess who was the £40/60m player out of him and Fabinho/Keita last night it would be Rice all day. 

Anderson can be a little lazy sometimes but he really got the crowd on his feet yesterday when he got forward, such an exciting player.

Liverpool will bottle the league, no doubt about it. 

West Ham were superb last night. I’m sure you’d have taken a point before the game but how you didn’t get all 3 is beyond me. Liverpool doing a Liverpool here and throwing it away. So lacklustre the last few games. City with the momentum now, especially if they beat Everton and Chelsea this week. 

38 minutes ago, 2point5 said:

West Ham were superb last night. I’m sure you’d have taken a point before the game but how you didn’t get all 3 is beyond me. Liverpool doing a Liverpool here and throwing it away. So lacklustre the last few games. City with the momentum now, especially if they beat Everton and Chelsea this week. 

I can't believe Klopp is moaning about the referees decisions...

That offside was shocking and they could of got another offside goal in the last minute if Origi didn't fluff it!

Yeah, would of def been happy with a point but a shame to not get all three on the balance of chances, can't wait to get Lanzini back in this team - if Arnie can get his head back on Lanzini, Anderson, Antonio and Arnie could be a pretty formidable front four for a team like us. 

Antonio needs upgrading though surely. 

Will you go back in for Maxi Gomez in the summer?

12 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Antonio needs upgrading though surely. 

Will you go back in for Maxi Gomez in the summer?

He's looked good in recent weeks to be fair, we will have Yarmelenko back next season too who will add another option.

I think it will be Gomez in and Arnautovic out in the summer. 

1 minute ago, ...Dan... said:

He's looked good in recent weeks to be fair, we will have Yarmelenko back next season too who will add another option.

I think it will be Gomez in and Arnautovic out in the summer. 

Would have a very exciting team then if that was to happen. I forgot about Yarmolenko. Anywhere else you’d improve on? Fancy taking Phil Jones or Smalling off our hands? 

Just now, Scott. said:

Would have a very exciting team then if that was to happen. I forgot about Yarmolenko. Anywhere else you’d improve on? Fancy taking Phil Jones or Smalling off our hands? 

Haha maybe at the right price...

To be honest, the Diop and Balbuena partnership looked class until he got injured so looking forward to getting him back in the team. 

Ogbonna was good last night has been pretty shite this season, was tempted to find out where he lives in my building and kick the door down after the Wimbledon game tbh. 

3 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Would you swap rice for Lukaku @...Dan...

I completely biased and realise this is pretty irrational, but right now I wouldn't. 

I just love the little fella and he is so important for us in the big games.

Lukaku on top form banging in goals is obviously a different proposition but at the minute he looks like a fucking body builder and just seems slow/sluggish and lets face it, his footballing intelligence and touch has never been the best. 

Would you swap? how about Guendouzi? miles better I hear, hehehe...

If I was playing football manager this summer I’d be signing 

Rice, Bissaka, Sancho, Koulibaly

I like David Brooks too but don’t know where he fits in.

I still think Guendouzi is better - impressive again against City and Chelsea. He's playing like he's 29 not 19, unfortunately he's surrounded by average players around him in midfield and defence. 

Thought both teams were really poor going forward last night. Anderson reminds me of Nani sometimes, beats a bunch of players and does nothing with it. The second half West Ham were giving the ball away for fun, but Liverpool looked out of ideas. Fabianski was solid as a rock, he's been a good signing. 

• Like 1

Laporte has got to be one of the signings of the season - he looks world class. 

15 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

@Scott. what you think of three more years of...

1-tile.jpg

?

Absolutely disgusted. Club is a fucking mess

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Absolutely disgusted. Club is a fucking mess

Matteo Darmian on a five year deal next, need to get Smalling tied down until he's 35 as well I think. 

1 hour ago, Roux said:

How is Ole doing this? Jesus.

Give him the job ffs

pogba was unplayable today. 

Lukaku absolute wank again

14 hours ago, Scott. said:

Give him the job ffs

pogba was unplayable today. 

Lukaku absolute wank again

Agree - we lose so much with Lukaku up top.