The Official Football Topic

Cuth

23 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

DECLAN RICE IS ENGLISH.

WE'RE GONNA WIN THE EUROS.

The irish are furious - makes them look a right dick after that tweet they sent out a few months ago wishing him happy birthday or something.  

Great for England. 

We need to pray for a top class keeper in the next few years, Pickford is the best of a bad bunch imo. 

3 minutes ago, Roux said:

We got Dalot, Chong, Traore etc they seemed to have quite a following around Europe. Martial was probaby the most known one in recent years - nobody had ever hear dof him

Yes people knew about martial because he tore arsenal a new arsehole the year before in Europe. I defo knew about him anyway. The others I hadn’t but it’s a bit early to say they’ve been a good find. Chong is a year older than Sancho and look at the difference. 

We need to promote these youngsters now. Get Chong, Garner, Gomes, Tuanzebe in the first team squad. Maybe send Greenwood on loan 

26 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

DECLAN RICE IS ENGLISH.

WE'RE GONNA WIN THE EUROS.

What a team England are going to have. I predict they’ll win a major tournament inside the next 10 years. Said the same about France when they had all this talent coming through. It’s nailed on. 

17 minutes ago, Scott. said:

What a team England are going to have. I predict they’ll win a major tournament inside the next 10 years. Said the same about France when they had all this talent coming through. It’s nailed on. 

I'll be pissed for months if that happens, hope it's in the next 10 years so I can really enjoy it - don't want to be winning our first major tournament when I'm 80 and shitting my pants constantly. 

Planning on going to the States in 2026 for the WC, I'll be 39 which is a bit savage to be honest...

3 hours ago, Scott. said:

Yes people knew about martial because he tore arsenal a new arsehole the year before in Europe. I defo knew about him anyway. The others I hadn’t but it’s a bit early to say they’ve been a good find. Chong is a year older than Sancho and look at the difference. 

We need to promote these youngsters now. Get Chong, Garner, Gomes, Tuanzebe in the first team squad. Maybe send Greenwood on loan 

I knew nothing about the guy at all. I don't even remember that he played against Arsenal. 

Yeah Sancho is insane but we can't base everything on him

It’ll never happen for a start. We don’t need Saudi owners, we just need owners that will let us spend the money we make which is a fucking shit load more than any other club in world football, we can compete fairly we don’t need sugar daddy’s. If it did happen its not the same as PSG or City because they would not have to put a penny into the club. PSG and City need money pumped into or they go back to being tin pot mid table clubs wit no history. Simple as that

What a performance from Dan James today. Wales have got some seriously exciting youngsters coming through. If We don’t qualify for a major tournament in the next couple of qualifiers then Giggs doesn’t deserve another job in football.

Guess will see what happens but if rumours are to be believed they're trying to put together an offer the Glazers can't refuse.

They wouldn't need to put the sums of money into the club that other sugar daddys have and it would put an end to those horrific annual interest payments on the loan that the Glazers took out to buy the club in the first place, which is surely a good thing?

The Glazers loan repayments/costs and dividends have taken over £1bn out of the club since their takeover, that's horrific when you think about where that money could of gone to help buy players, improve facilities and Old Trafford (which is falling apart and has much worse facilities compared to the newer more modern stadiums)

1 hour ago, ...Dan... said:

Guess will see what happens but if rumours are to be believed they're trying to put together an offer the Glazers can't refuse.

They wouldn't need to put the sums of money into the club that other sugar daddys have and it would put an end to those horrific annual interest payments on the loan that the Glazers took out to buy the club in the first place, which is surely a good thing?

The Glazers loan repayments/costs and dividends have taken over £1bn out of the club since their takeover, that's horrific when you think about where that money could of gone to help buy players, improve facilities and Old Trafford (which is falling apart and has much worse facilities compared to the newer more modern stadiums)

Its not a offer to buy the club, its a sponsor opportunity i'm hearing this morning.  

To be fair to the Glazers, they've spent a shit load on transfers and Old Trafford expansion/renovation has been on the cards for a while now. Will be interesting to see how much they will spend in the summer. 

I'm certain there will be a shitstorm soon regarding FFP, City & PSG  were investigated recently. Its a matter of time before it all explodes. 

FFP is a complete myth in my opinion, was just a tick box exercise that appears to have been completely forgotten, who has ever received any punishment that has actually hurt them in the 10 years or so that FFP has existed? 

I'd be very surprised if any serious repercussions ever came from it, worst case scenario is a hefty fine which matters fuck all as the people breaking FFP have unlimited money. 

3 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

FFP is a complete myth in my opinion, was just a tick box exercise that appears to have been completely forgotten, who has ever received any punishment that has actually hurt them in the 10 years or so that FFP has existed? 

I'd be very surprised if any serious repercussions ever came from it, worst case scenario is a hefty fine which matters fuck all as the people breaking FFP have unlimited money. 

Fenerbahce are pretty much in disarray because of it - fines, squad reductions and transfer restrictions. They are currently level on points in the relegation zone. They were pretty much European giants at one point and in the UCL every season. 

In fact FPP has transformed the league in Turkey - the big clubs have had to look to young players then to spend money they never had on luxury players. 

Both City and PSG had a 50m fine in the past - which is a pretty large sum, as well as transfer caps. 

Thats proof that its not a myth. I think Uefa know the system in place right now is pathetic and they need to be stricter, particular around these Qatar loopholes used by PSG and City. United (or any other club) should be punished if they follow suit.

Fucking hell that was good. Herrera was fucking outstanding. That draw can get to fuck though. Another tough away draw ffs while city get another bye into the next round. Fucking cunts. If they do the quadruple I’m knocking football on the head. Fuck that

• Like 1

Man United were very good last night, killed the game in the first half being clinical and then saw it out professionally, surely Ole has to get the job now.

4th and the FA Cup would be a great season for you considering how bad it was until Ole took over. 

Do feel a little sorry for you lads to be fair, two tough draws and the only harder draw you could of got was City. 

• Like 1

I think Ole has got to get it now - i honestly thought we would struggle after the morale went down from the PSG game. Tactically Ole got out-smartened in the second half - but to be fair to him he lost 2 players that are vital to the system he employs. Last night he got it spot on. Smalling on his day is such a good defender - that was the best i've seen him play in years. 

I have to say, even though i don't think he's a United manager (i may be wrong) Poch has done really really well in the last month or 2 with key players missing. But Ole's form is hard to ignore, all the players love the guy.

Bring on Liverpool - i think we could do some serious damage to them . 

Anyway, Sarri is doomed, like Jose - he's reached the point of no return. Hazard has got to leave to be the best player in the world, he's far too good for Chelsea.

10 minutes ago, Roux said:

Chelsea get a transfer ban! Jeez, they are fucked.

They'll drag out the appeal so it stretches to the summer, do all their business then, get the appeal cut to one window (the Jan one where not many teams do business anyway) and then be back the following summer. 

I can't see it affecting them too much at all to be honest, might even get completely overturned.