The Official Football Topic

Cuth

I said United wouldn't miss Ronaldo because other players will step up.

Watched both their games so far and I can say I was wrong.

Centre midfield looks a very weak area for them as well, Fletcher? 35 year old Scholes? Is Anderson up to it yet?

I think Fergie needs a couple of £20-25m signings otherwise they will struggle.

Team's fine. Injuries are killing us in defence. We're forcing players like Brown, Neville & Evans to play when they should be recovering - the strikers and midfielders are having to watch there backs and work twice as hard to make up for it. We miss Van Der Sar/Rio's calming influence at the back more then anything Ronaldo offers right now.

Until last season I thought Darren Fletcher was really bad but he was fucking brilliant last season and I take back what I said.  However he has never ever put in a good performance for Scotland, I think its because Burley plays him pushing up when he is better sitting in the centre.

Roux, do you rate Fletcher?

Well, i think his only quality is ball winning - but its something hes one of the best in the league at. I heard some stats from Andy Gray about how he wins most of his tackles cleanly without giving many fouls away. His passing has improved alot in the last few seasons - but he can't shoot, head or spray 50 yard passes around. Having said that he rarely lets us down in the big games.

Some cracking Europa ties tonight.

Rapid Wien vs Aston Villa (I went to see Rapid Wien in a previous qualifier when I was in Vienna last month, their fans and stadium is INSANE, I think Villa are in for a shock!)

Dinamo Zagreb vs Hearts - first 3 Scottish teams have all been knocked out of Europe, will be interesting to see if Hearts can get a result away from home. Massive underdogs though.

Everton and Fulham too. Villareal and Werder Bremen.

Fletcher is a good player,he has improved massively,keeps it simple and did very well for Utd esp last year,reminds me a bit of Lucas in the same respect that he isnt everybodys favourite player but even when he plays well he is still ridiculed because hes Darren Fletcher,the same with Lucas who i think has played well ( well better than a few others at Spurs) in our 2 games so far.

Really been delighted with Glenn Johnson so far,i thought he would be a good signing but has suprised me with his level of performance so far,hope he carries it on.

this year i think the winning team may lose a few more games than usual because of the level of teams such as Man City and esp Spurs who have started brilliantly.

cracking goal by Blake last night,he wont hit a sweeter strike than that,a real "tik a bow" moment!

why did Carrick take the pen tho!? surely Rooney or even Owen shuda been on it!!

still sticking with my tip for Arsenal to win the prem tho,people mocked me at the time but im confident it will be there year,the football they play at times is memsmerising and this season they seem to have added the steel to the style.

will sir alex now panic buy in the remaining days of transfer window?? i hope he oes, the midfiled is weak as shit, we need some strength and creativity, basically united need another keane and scholes lol

david siva and senna? i'd love that!!

i also think that if vidic wants to leave they should take 20m for him, ok he is a great defender but 20m??? thats a lot and we have super jonny evs coming up now so wouldnt be too bad, can use the 20m on top of ronnie's money to buy som world class players

DEFOE ON FIRE  :evil:

I think Man Utd lack a good winger as Obertan is still a few years away from being a regular first teamer.  They would be better sending him out on loan to Burnley or something so he gets used to the english game.  Playing Anderson in left midfield last night tells you all you need to know. 

I think Man Utd lack a good winger as Obertan is still a few years away from being a regular first teamer.  They would be better sending him out on loan to Burnley or something so he gets used to the english game.  Playing Anderson in left midfield last night tells you all you need to know. 

this

Guest Millzy

I hope you're right Deano! Bit too early for me to start getting carried away but our start has filled me with alot more confidence. Apples was steaming last night after that result. Apparently you text him or something and he said to me 'i fuckin hate Liverpool fans' haha.