The Official Football Topic

Cuth

On 10/22/2017 at 11:55 AM, Scott. said:

Bilic gotta go. Never rated him. 

Yeah his time is up for sure. Looked great in his first season but I think Payet and the spirit of the last season at Upton Park basically carried him and a lot of the team looking back.

Supposedly has two games to save his job, hearing rumours he said bye to the players after the Brighton game and Sullivan rejected his resignation.

I wanted Marco Silva in the summer and even more gutted now we didn't get him although at the minute the club feels a bit like a poisoned chalice for any manager, still pretty toxic after the move to be honest. 

Gold and Sullivan need to go, fucking pair of arseholes and that slut Brady should stick to the Apprentice. 

Was just about to say things seemed to go down hill once the Payet thing happened. Be very interesting to see who they go for next.

First time in a while i've seen United perform that badly - Huddersfield were brilliant. I don't think we can challenge without Pogba - he's the heart of this team. Mata/Herrera/Mhiki have been awful. 

8 minutes ago, Scott. said:

City have peaked early imo. No way they’ll keep this up. 

Would anyone back against Jose in a two leg tie? He’s the master at it

Yep going to be interesting to see if they can maintain this form. We've seen it before with them. But the players they bought have been good - the goalkeeper is one of the signings of the season for me - the GK was a massive weakness before. 

Jose looks just as good, but in an unflattering way - we need Pogba back asap to compete with City. 

12 minutes ago, Scott. said:

City have peaked early imo. No way they’ll keep this up. 

Would anyone back against Jose in a two leg tie? He’s the master at it

Would be hard too, it's dirty and boring to watch at times but he usually gets the job done.

The English sides winning their groups could be very interesting as it'll lead to some pretty nasty first knockout stage draws. As it stands you'd be getting one of:

Real Madrid
Bayern Munich
Juventus
Shaktar
Porto

I mean the bottom three wouldn't be the worst but there is a 60% chance of getting a much harder than usual draw for that stage of the competition. 

1 hour ago, ...Dan... said:

Chelsea are a bit of a shambles and Liverpool can't defend.

I'd fancy the other three to beat any of them at the minute though.

Those two are the slightly weaker English teams -  but over 2 legs - both will still hard to beat. 

Fucking hell we are shit. Just fucking wank all over the park. Season over already. We’re fucking light years behind city, on and off the pitch. We spend money but I don’t think the glazers are that arsed to go and spend like City. That’s not happening. They have 50m bench players and we haven’t even got natural full backs on the pitch. 

Jose teams have 1 goal away from home against the top 6 in the past 10 games. That's an absolutely horrific statistic.

Seems at times to be too scared to lose which hinders his ability to make his team's want to win.

Can't see past City now, Peps settled and has got them playing unreal stuff, he's made players that looked average last year look great as well.