Jump to content
 
Cuth

The Official Football Topic

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, Bucko said:

To be fair, I'm glad you have turned it around, it makes the end of the season exciting. 3rd and 4th positions are up for grabs, I really think given the run in we (Arsenal) have we can get 3rd / 4th. 

Think the wheels will continue to fall off the Spurs bus,  lose to both Liverpool and City then I don't think they will get top 4. - I really think Poch wants out.

Realistically we should be out of sight - Ole's done great to get us this close. 

Every week from now the top 6 positions could change - this league is brilliant. 

I'm still astounded you guys will lose Ramsey for nothing - what a top quality player. The fact he wanted to stay makes it even worse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Need to stop all these helmets running on the pitch, so happy for Grealish scoring the winner.

Also anyone seen this? what the fuck is wrong with people?

D1UdF2gX0AAXN0N.jpg:large

Stadium ban isn't enough - time to prosecute or fans will copy what that idiot did yesterday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wolves away next in the cup. Every game seems huge for us. Bit of a fucking puss take tbh. Guaranteed we get Barca next round and city draw Porto 🙄

I’m excited for next season. Solskjær is the right man for the job. It feels like United again. The fans fucking adore him. I just hope he’s backed now. The squad is a mess, we need to ship loads out and sign at least 4 in the Summer.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What you think of Fred? @Roux

I actually like him, there’s a good player in there. He just needs to settle himself down but he’s got an eye for a pass. We’ll see the best of him next season. I’d like to see him get a run of games now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Scott. said:

What you think of Fred? @Roux

I actually like him, there’s a good player in there. He just needs to settle himself down but he’s got an eye for a pass. We’ll see the best of him next season. I’d like to see him get a run of games now. 

I love him - his energy is good and his technical ability is excellent, he needs to play more or take his chances when they come. The PSG game gave him so much confidence. Thought he was one of the few better players for us yesterday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Roux said:

I love him - his energy is good and his technical ability is excellent, he needs to play more or take his chances when they come. The PSG game gave him so much confidence. Thought he was one of the few better players for us yesterday. 

Yeah defo. He won the ball back a lot too and high up the pitch. We need legs at DM. Kante would be the dream. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Roux said:

Realistically we should be out of sight - Ole's done great to get us this close. 

Every week from now the top 6 positions could change - this league is brilliant. 

I'm still astounded you guys will lose Ramsey for nothing - what a top quality player. The fact he wanted to stay makes it even worse. 

Absolutely gutted he's going, just glad it's not a PL rival. I thought he was the best player on the pitch yesterday. 

He doesn't get the credit he deserves, he's an actual legend for us. 2x FA Cup winning goals, always wears his heart on his sleeve and came back from a career threatening injury. 

He and Santi are possibly my favourite 2 players of the Emirates era. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's not worth the money he wanted so I can see why you let him go to be honest. 

Ozil and Ramsey on a combined £700k a week for a club that keeps their pursestrings as tight as Arsenal would of caused big issues. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

He's not worth the money he wanted so I can see why you let him go to be honest. 

Ozil and Ramsey on a combined £700k a week for a club that keeps their pursestrings as tight as Arsenal would of caused big issues. 

To be fair, there are only 2 or 3 footballers worth the money they're on!

I'm pleased he got a massive deal, he goes unnoticed by many but that 13/14 season was one of the best I've ever seen from a CM at Arsenal, 16 Goals and 10 Assists is Lampard-esque, this is also a season where he missed 3 months to injury.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah that season he was a fucking freak. It’s a one off though. I have to say Wenger did shove him out wide quite a lot. A bit like when scholes was on the right wing fit England. Fucking mental and injuries have always faked him over. He’s so good at those late runs in the box, he’s a fucking nightmare to pick up. He always plays well against United too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think he was ever asking for an insurmountable offer - the gave him a contract, Ramsey accepted and then the club withdrew the offer. Seems like Emery never really fancied him - he benched him so many times this season. They a a much better team when he's playing. IMO, Ozil is the first player i would let go. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, prankerd14 said:

Zidane is back at madrid ! That was quick! Hes going to spend big this summer

They’re skint mate. They will be banking on selling Bale for 100m. 

I wonder where bale will end up, I really hope Woodward doesn’t chase him all summer ffs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bale seems to be linked with united every bloody year! Is he even worth the money anymore?

I can see bale, kroos, marcelo on the way out and hazard, Eriksson brought in, they must have some money, because zidane isnt stupid hes going to want a rebuild, he knew that team was on its way out before he left..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd probably stay away from Bale if I were Man United.

He'll be 30 in the summer and will probably ask for a 4 year deal (at least) on mega wages which could lead you paying a player well past his best mega wages, similar to Sanchez. Would probably represent a good signing for a year or two but I could see him just being a drain in the last couple years of any deal he signs. 

He's also always been injury prone which is another issue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bale's overall career in Real though has been average to bad. It's no coincidence that with every coach he's been benched sooner or later. He's had some games here and there where he was phenomenal or made some phenomenal plays but overall he's surely not worth paying 100 mil and the huge wage he will demand. I know someone is gonna pay though that's the way football is right now. I guess he will be a lot better in england the fast football suits him more.

So happy for Zizou to be back though. My favorite player ever and the reason I was supporting Real and the france national team(2nd to greece of course :lol:) since I was a kid. Seriously one of the goats if not the goat.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think paying 100m for someone who scored the winner against Barca in the Spanish cup to win it and also scored the crucial goal in the first of his CL wins and then went on to score the greatest CL goal of all time and then scored another to seal the win against Liverpool for another CL win is pretty good going. That’s worth 100m imo. 

But then again your club are the most spoiled awful club going behind the oil clubs. Never seen such an awful set of fans in my life. Why the fuck anyone would want to join Madrid is beyond me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Classic, the plastic Greek Real Madrid fan turns up when there is a bit of good news, standard.

Bale would be a good signing to begin with I think but would represent less value for money as time goes on. Towards the end of his contract Man United would probably be paying him £400k(ish) a week when he is 34/35 and well past his best. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scott. said:

I think paying 100m for someone who scored the winner against Barca in the Spanish cup to win it and also scored the crucial goal in the first of his CL wins and then went on to score the greatest CL goal of all time and then scored another to seal the win against Liverpool for another CL win is pretty good going. That’s worth 100m imo. 

But then again your club are the most spoiled awful club going behind the oil clubs. Never seen such an awful set of fans in my life. Why the fuck anyone would want to join Madrid is beyond me. 

Money talks unfortunately. The problem with Bale is he was bought in to eventually replace Ronaldo, it's unrealistic expectations.

Ronaldo is a freak, he's made himself one of the greatest of all time through hardwork and commitment. He hasn't got the natural ability of Messi but it's a credit to him that he even competed with him for the Balon d'Or so often. 

Any player that is bought in to be the "New" star is always put under too much scrutiny and unfairly compared to them. 

Bale is a great player, if you can't see that then you are living in cloud cuckoo. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...