The Official Football Topic

Cuth

1 hour ago, Scott. said:

@Roux two positions worry the fuck out of me, Cb and striker.

who should we sign at CB? Every time I’ve seen Koulibaly he’s looked dodgy as fuck. Who else is there?  Alderweireld at 25m looks a no brainer. got no chance with De Ligt

Who should replace Lukaku? Not many strikers about. Jovic is Madrid bound and Icardi is a loose cannon. Piatek is not going to leave Milan so soon. Belotti has had a quiet couple of seasons too. Worth giving Maxi Gómez a shot? Griezmann?

Alderweireld is a must, Deulofeu i've already raved about. Outside of that it could be anybody - i just want dynamic players - Lukaku and Matic are so immobile. Rabiot would be a cracking free signing if Herrera goes. 

I like Milenković, watched him a few times this season - reminds me of Lindelof, but he's young and unproven in a tough league. I think Lascelles at Newcastle is a decent defender too - hard to tell when he's at a club of that level though. I do think that new wing backs is a must - proven players, Dalot is young and a little bit naive at times, Shaw needs competition at LB - i don't like him right now.  

I'd be interested to see who would come in for Martial if he was up for sale - i think alot of big European clubs would be put of by his attitude. 

I think Dan is right, bring 5 in now and a few more over the next few windows. Its unrealistic to expect 7/8 players coming in. 

Anyway - my 5 areas to improve would be FW, RW, CB, LB, DM.

Just now, BoogieMan said:

Imagine getting possibly ending with97 points in the league and there's still potential that you could finish second. 

What a ride though, I'll take that over slips or draws to crystal palace any year even though I hope we win one. 

Can thank corrupt fc for that. 

12 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Can thank corrupt fc for that. 

It does make me mad, but I enjoy the fact that yeah while we have spent big as well on a few players; we are a squad built primarily on diamonds in the rough. 

I'm hoping there is some kind of justice and Leicester will snag a win off of city but even if that isn't the case this won't be an abysmal season in my eyes. 

7 minutes ago, BoogieMan said:

It does make me mad, but I enjoy the fact that yeah while we have spent big as well on a few players; we are a squad built primarily on diamonds in the rough. 

I'm hoping there is some kind of justice and Leicester will snag a win off of city but even if that isn't the case this won't be an abysmal season in my eyes. 

You can spend big because you’re a big club that generate profit 

City are corrupt. They sponsor themselves ffs, they’re funded by a country. They’re a smaller club than West Ham

I have to say United are getting me down. Literally took my missus about 10 mins after the game for her first “what’s wrong?” Of the night while I continue to tell her nothing. It’s the lack of hope that’s killing me. There is seriously no future for this club while the glazers and Woodward are in charge. I’ve never hated United players more than these shower of cunts. I actually fucking hate them all. Dave is the only one I love and no matter how many balls he throws in his net I love him, the rest of that squad makes me sick. There’s not one player I look at and think thanks fuck he’s playing, every time a team sheet goes up I laugh at how shit out squad is. Fucking hell I honesty think Leicester and Wolves could overtake us next year no wum

Still buzzing about the win this weekend, doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things but it's nice to end the season with a moment like that. 

Bit of luck going our way and we could of been right in the race for 7th but there has been some progress this season so not too many complaints from me overall.

Supposedly only got about £30m to spend this summer plus any money made on sales, think that means bye bye Declan tbh. 

15 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Still buzzing about the win this weekend, doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things but it's nice to end the season with a moment like that. 

Bit of luck going our way and we could of been right in the race for 7th but there has been some progress this season so not too many complaints from me overall.

Supposedly only got about £30m to spend this summer plus any money made on sales, think that means bye bye Declan tbh. 

How much do you think he’ll go for? 50m?

These last 5 matches have really put things into perspective for Arsenal, 1 win vs 10 men Watford.

We need upgrades everywhere and need Holding to stay injury free next season. A big CM, and 2 natural wingers are a must.

What we really need is a prime Sol Campbell, Gilberto Silva, Patrick Vieira, Robert Pires and Freddie Ljungberg.

34 minutes ago, Scott. said:

How much do you think he’ll go for? 50m?

I am not sure, I'd like to think we could get more than that, young English players always come with a bit of a premium so need to bear that in mind as well. I would be pushing for closer to the £70m mark personally, that might seem ridiculous to some but the market is ridiculous. 

2 hours ago, Bucko said:

These last 5 matches have really put things into perspective for Arsenal, 1 win vs 10 men Watford.

We need upgrades everywhere and need Holding to stay injury free next season. A big CM, and 2 natural wingers are a must.

What we really need is a prime Sol Campbell, Gilberto Silva, Patrick Vieira, Robert Pires and Freddie Ljungberg.

You’re even more fucked than United because at least we’ve got hundreds of millions to waste on dog shit players. You lot are fucking skint 

• Like 1