The Official Football Topic

Cuth

25 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Ben Yedder? has it got that bad?

He's decent but shouldn't you be aiming a bit higher than that?

I would prefer players that work in a system, rather than a system that works around individuals. 

Would take Ben Yedder over Lukaku any day for this reason. I like Lukaku - but he just doesn't fit into this team.

Aside from this - both Ben Yedder and Fernandes are clever little players - we need more creativity. 

I think Ben Yedder would be perfect while Rashford, Greenwood and Martial develop further. 

Rodri is one hell of a signing for city. I fail to see how anyone can catch them? Liverpool are apparently making no signings?? That’s a huge mistake on their part. You’ve always gotta add to your squad. Them and city are in a privileged position where they can cherry pick one or two world class talents where as we’ve fucked things up so much we’re always playing catch up. 

I’m glad we’re signing young players, hopefully by the time Martial, Rashford, Greenwood, James, Tuanzebe, Bissaka etc are in their prime well have a great side. Just gotta put up with City and Liverpool winning everything for the next 5/6 years. Yay

• Like 1

It was crazy. 

Of course luck was a factor but that national team overachieved in every national cup apart from euro 08 until 2014. They were a special group of people with two very good coaches. Santos that won the euro with Portugal was our coach for years after Rehagel. 

18 hours ago, Scott. said:

D-3VxhWXYAAcwr2?format=jpg&name=900x900

fucking state of that squad ? we’re so fucking shit. 

We’ll struggle for top 6 imo and ole will be gone by xmas

Next few weeks are massive for both of our clubs, unfortunately, I only see United making signings. We are going to struggle big time. Can not have another season of Mustafi at CB, he will be the death of me. 

Rumours that Everton are after Malcom and Thauvin is off to Leicester. I’m seriously worried we’re not even getting top 6 next season. I genuinely think us and arsenal will be overtaken by Everton, wolves and Leicester and possibly even west ham

22 minutes ago, Roux said:

This is such a weird transfer window - very little is happening. Most teams start pre-season soon!

It is rather stale. You'd have expected at least one blockbuster signing. The best thing about the transfer window so far  is Atletico throwing shade at Griezmann and Barca!