The Official Football Topic

Cuth

4 hours ago, Scott. said:

We’re still way off. I’d love to sign Max Aarons as competition for Shaw. Then for me defence is complete.

We need a DM, matic can gtfo. I’d play Mctominay there who’s been outstanding pre season. 

We need a proper goal scorer imo. I don’t trust Rashford or Martial. 

Piss off! We've tied him to a 5 year contract anyway ?

4 minutes ago, Roux said:

75m for Ake!!! 

Not worth it, just like Maguire isn't worth £80m - any player that Leicester look at now will have their price jacked up massively, probably should of signed a replacement before the deal was done. 

Bournemouth clearly setting that price to scare them off rather than actually expecting a bid. 

20 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Not worth it, just like Maguire isn't worth £80m - any player that Leicester look at now will have their price jacked up massively, probably should of signed a replacement before the deal was done. 

Bournemouth clearly setting that price to scare them off rather than actually expecting a bid. 

I think Rodgers nailed it when he said everyone knows Leicester have 80m in the bank. I think 70m was a very fair offer from United - weeks ago, but they held out for the extra 10m and now will struggle to replace him. They could have brought in 2-3 good players (they still might) - and them and Everton would have been dark horses this season in my opinion. Tiermans is a brilliant signing. 

Predictions 19/20

Top Four (In Order) - 

Relegation - 

Top Goal Scorer - 

Best Signing -

Worst Signing - 

Surprise Package (team) - 

First Manager Sacked -

Fa Cup - 

League Cup -

Europa League -

Champions League - 

Some of these are quite vague but here it goes:

Predictions 19/20
Top Four (In Order) - Man City, Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea
Relegation - Sheff United, Norwich, Brighton
Top Goal Scorer - Harry Kane 
Best Signing - Moise Kean
Worst Signing - Mateo Kovacic
Surprise Package (team) - Southampton
First Manager Sacked - Steve Bruce
Fa Cup - Man City
League Cup - Liverpool

Europa League - Man United (but can't really comment until you see who drops out of the CL group stages)
Champions League - Man City

1 hour ago, Scott. said:

Predictions 19/20

Top Four (In Order) - City, Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal 

Relegation - Brighton, Newcastle, Sheffield Utd 

Top Goal Scorer - Auba

Best Signing - Tom Heaton £8mil - Quality keeper who can save Villa from the drop. 

Worst Signing(s) - Solely on price tags, Maguire and Pepe. 

Surprise Package (team) - Aston Villa / West Ham if new signings gel quickly.

First Manager Sacked - Dean Smith.

FA Cup - Everton

League Cup - Chelsea

Europa League - Wolves

Champions League - Barca

3 hours ago, Scott. said:

Predictions 19/20

Top Four (In Order) - City, Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal

Relegation - Norwich, Sheff Utd, Palacr

Top Goal Scorer - Kane

Best Signing - Ndombele

Worst Signing - Pepe 

Surprise Package (team) - Villa

First Manager Sacked - Hodgson

Fa Cup - City

League Cup - City

Europa League - Arsenal

Champions League - City

Nobody needs to sell anymore that’s the thing. Way to much money involved now. Years ago Leicester would of bitten your hand off for 30m for Maguire and then they would of dropped that on a CB and the cycle continues but now they’ve sold him for 80m and been quoted 75m for ake and thought fuck that.

Zaha has handed in a transfer request so that’s him gone. Only Everton are in for him I think. Everton are spending some cash fuck me

I’ll be relieved when it’s all over tbh. All the click bait shit on twitter does my fucking head in. United have been linked with about 100 players this summer it’s fucking ridiculous. Football journalism must be the easiest profession in the world, just make up a load of shit and nobody cares, get those clicks and you’re quids in. I fucking hate the lot of them apart from the elite ones like Ornstein, Stone, Duckers etc the rest are utterly fucking clueless even Di Marzio has been a fucking shambles this year.

18 minutes ago, Roux said:

What a shit ending for a transfer window.

How long can Ole last? i'm 50/50 - would love him to do well, but fuck me hes got a mammoth task. 

He’ll see his contract out imo. The perfect manager for the Glazers. A complete yes man. He’ll prob get a new contract. 

18 minutes ago, Roux said:

What a shit ending for a transfer window.

How long can Ole last? i'm 50/50 - would love him to do well, but fuck me hes got a mammoth task. 

i hope he finds a way to encourage some indiviiduals to really work for the team. as seen last season, when they really fight, so muchnis possible. 

Woodward is an absolute clown, disastrous window once again from him, some good signings but the way that the Maguire process was handled is shocking and I think you needed at least another two big players in the door. Where is the DoF as well?

Relatively happy with our window, Fornals and Haller look good, this new striker we're in for today from Basel looks tidy and is basically a done deal and we've got a young Portuguese CB with potential - would of maybe liked another more experienced one through the door but isn't looking likely. 

One thing that worries me from preseason is we look a bit top heavy, was at the Bilbao game on Saturday and only Rice was properly holding with Anderson, Wilshere, Fornals and Lanzini ahead of him - think that could work against lesser teams where we're high up the pitch as they all keep the ball and are tidy in possession...but if we play like that against City on Saturday it's going to be an absolute bloodbath.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Woodward is an absolute clown, disastrous window once again from him, some good signings but the way that the Maguire process was handled is shocking and I think you needed at least another two big players in the door. Where is the DoF as well?

Relatively happy with our window, Fornals and Haller look good, this new striker we're in for today from Basel looks tidy and is basically a done deal and we've got a young Portuguese CB with potential - would of maybe liked another more experienced one through the door but isn't looking likely. 

One thing that worries me from preseason is we look a bit top heavy, was at the Bilbao game on Saturday and only Rice was properly holding with Anderson, Wilshere, Fornals and Lanzini ahead of him - think that could work against lesser teams where we're high up the pitch as they all keep the ball and are tidy in possession...but if we play like that against City on Saturday it's going to be an absolute bloodbath.  

How's Wilshere's preseason been?

My wish is for him to have an injury free season, too much talent - same as Diaby.

Mixed transfer window for me. We desperately needed to address CB and nothing has been done. My only hope at this point is that Holding returns from injury sooner than first thought and can pick up where he left off pre-injury.

Happy we have signed young players, I think Martinelli will be a great impact sub for us this season, absolutely rapid. 

Cabellos looks a tidy midfielder, however,  it's hard to judge from a few minutes in pre-season.

I have no idea what to expect from Pepe but £72 million has astonished me. 

Hopeful Saliba will be a good signing for next season.  

Given Chelsea's situation and losing Hazard then I think top 4 is very realistic for us, especially if our attack is firing on all cylinders. I don't see Maguire being the saviour of United's back 4 either and can't see them improving from 6th.