The Official Football Topic

Cuth

11 hours ago, Scott. said:

Not sure Rashford is going to make it here you know. He’s regressing. Utter fucking turd tonight. Bournemouth is his level imo 

Greenwood reminds me of RVP so much. No pressure lad

disagree - he's a very very good established player. IMO not good enough to lead the line yet - but out wide - he's still a top class player. 

Greenwood is great to watch. 

I think Rashford will go on to have a good career but I don't think he is ever going to be a top class player, seems like he plays better for England than Man United at the moment as well which must be quite frustrating, he wouldn't get into a top teams first 11 so if Man United are looking to get back to where they should be he either needs to get better fast or they need to get someone better and he becomes a squad player.

Sancho is already better than him and Sterling is undtoppable so I think he will be relegated to the bench for the national team soon as well. 

2 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

No Pogba or Martial then, what you think now?

Pogba is a big miss - but i still think West Ham are weak without the ball. Always a tough game, but i think we can nick it. United's problem will be the lack of creating chances and Rashford's finishing. 

• Haha 1

Seriously shit performance yesterday. No urgency, looks like we’re happy to coast the first half hour to try and quiet the crowd down ffs, wtf is going on? No way Ole is telling them to go out there and dawdle on the ball. He also has to take the blame though for that team selection, he’s not got much options tbf to him but why the fuck would you start matic and mata? They haven’t got legs and mata slowed down every attack we had. 

I cannot believe the state of our squad, we’ve sold a load of deadwood which I’m happy about but haven’t fucking replaced them, Greenwood now is our only fit striker, a 17 year old, Manchester United we’re talking about here, the mismanagement of the whole club is fucking staggering it’s bordering on sabotage now, it’s almost like they’re trying to destroy the club from within on purpose, we’re a mid table side. Arsenal will turn us over next Monday night too if they’ve got anything about them. 

Ole is so far out of his depth it’s a joke. You can already see Lampard is a much better manager. 

Thought we did alright first half with the lineup we put out. Squad is shockingly thin - they had 3 months to buy players. Rashford and Martial are the same inconsistent player. West Ham at home were there for the taking, and we just had nothing to offer attacking-wise. 

Guendouzi was ridiculous yesterday. 

• Like 1

We didn't play anywhere near our best either and overall it was pretty routine, was quite strange being at the match - usually when we're 1-0 up with 10-15 minutes to go the crowd get really edgy and nervous but it wasn't like that at all, never really felt like we were going to concede and think the rest of the fans were the same. 

Thought Noble was immense yesterday, he is a limited player and supporters of other clubs tend to not appreciate him but we are always so much better with him in the team than without, saw a stat today that under Pellegrini our win percentage is 47% with him in the team and 18% without, that is no coincidence. 

Rice was also really good, our attacking players were not flying on all cylinders yesterday and those two bossing the game is what won us it for me. 

It was a very subdued match until the great first goal. Didn't think any one player bossed the game - it was pretty even i thought, quite surprised given United's midfield and attack was awful when the lineup was announced. 

Once Rashford went off with no striker replacing him it was game over. Agree, quite an easy game for West Ham. 

Will be great to have Martial back - who will play a game or 2, maybe score and then get injured again.