The Official Football Topic

Cuth

Very lucky today. Brighton played really well. Potter has done a good job there. 

I have no idea why Bissaka was so narrow today, seems tactical because Greenwood was filling in at LB at times. Very odd from Ole, why he keeps playing Pogba in a two is infuriating, I’m losing faith in him a little bit. It seems to me he’s that type of manager who wants all his best players on the pitch in the hope they pull something off out of nowhere rather than actual coaching. We’re such a badly coached side. 

His signings have been overrated too. 

Maguire is average at best. 80m is an absolute fucking disgrace, someone should go to prison for that. 

Bissaka is one of the worst footballers I’ve ever seen no wum. He’s fucking hopeless.

James is still young and inexperienced, he needs a loan, he’s looking like a dud but every time I watch him for wales he’s fucking man of the match. He’s a big confidence player, he seems overawed by United. Never ever a United player 

Donny is obviously a very good player but why have we bought him in? Out of all the fucking positions in the club he brings in another no10 when we have Bruno and also Pogba (Pogba is a 10 don’t give a fuck what anyone says, he’s never ever a centre Mid)

Bruno is a great signing, now this is a Manchester United player.

10 hours ago, Scott. said:

Very lucky today. Brighton played really well. Potter has done a good job there. 

I have no idea why Bissaka was so narrow today, seems tactical because Greenwood was filling in at LB at times. Very odd from Ole, why he keeps playing Pogba in a two is infuriating, I’m losing faith in him a little bit. It seems to me he’s that type of manager who wants all his best players on the pitch in the hope they pull something off out of nowhere rather than actual coaching. We’re such a badly coached side. 

His signings have been overrated too. 

Maguire is average at best. 80m is an absolute fucking disgrace, someone should go to prison for that. 

Bissaka is one of the worst footballers I’ve ever seen no wum. He’s fucking hopeless.

James is still young and inexperienced, he needs a loan, he’s looking like a dud but every time I watch him for wales he’s fucking man of the match. He’s a big confidence player, he seems overawed by United. Never ever a United player 

Donny is obviously a very good player but why have we bought him in? Out of all the fucking positions in the club he brings in another no10 when we have Bruno and also Pogba (Pogba is a 10 don’t give a fuck what anyone says, he’s never ever a centre Mid)

Bruno is a great signing, now this is a Manchester United player.

I thought AWB was absolutely awful yesterday, I mean we all know he isn't great going forward but you can usually rely on him defensively but his positioning was all over the place, how many times did someone attack the back post and he was nowhere to be seen?

3 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

I thought AWB was absolutely awful yesterday, I mean we all know he isn't great going forward but you can usually rely on him defensively but his positioning was all over the place, how many times did someone attack the back post and he was nowhere to be seen?

I think it was tactics pal, because I’ve never seen him that narrow before and like I said the wingers were coming back and slotting into fullback positions while AWB and Shaw moved in. Also Ole shitting his pants and bringing on defenders towards the end point to him just wanting to make us more solid defensively, didn’t work though because we made Brighton look like Barca 09-11.

3 hours ago, Roux said:

Every United player was awful again. Bissaka, Pogba, Bruno, Martial, Rashford all abysmal. 

Thank god that handball was given - way worse than the Lindelof one last week. 

Marcus has been dog shit for a while now but he took that goal brilliantly yesterday, Martial’s touch was really off yesterday, still early days for a lot of these players. That Bruno pass for the goal was fantastic and he has to be one of the best penalty takers I’ve ever seen. 

1 hour ago, Scott. said:

I think it was tactics pal, because I’ve never seen him that narrow before and like I said the wingers were coming back and slotting into fullback positions while AWB and Shaw moved in. Also Ole shitting his pants and bringing on defenders towards the end point to him just wanting to make us more solid defensively, didn’t work though because we made Brighton look like Barca 09-11.

I more pissed about how we started this season - the planning has been shocking. Why is Pogba playing if he had COVID and hasn't trained? Stupid. Martial is playing like he's just come back from 3 months off. 

Bissaka was at fault for both goals - brain dead player.  

I will say though - fair play to Matic. The one player who looks shaph. 

In all seriousness he’s a good player. Been smashing the champo to bits and if we were gonna sign someone from the championship then it haD to be him or Eze. Fucking Dan James 😂 can tell none of our scouts have a fucking clue. 

We still have scouts at the club that Fergie used and we have some from Moyes time and also some from LVGs time, how is that possible? The club is a fucking shit show from top to bottom honestly. 

47 minutes ago, Roux said:

I tell you what - really impressed with Grady Diangana. Looked like a beast playing centrally against Chelsea - i have no idea where he plays but he was literally running through the middle again and again and Chelsea couldn't handle him..

Good young player, him and Bowen on either wing would have been a great combo for us. 

No way that Gold and Sullivan were ever gonna turn down £20m for a player that they paid nothing for though. 

The 4-0 win yesterday is a double edged sword, great result but I feel this just gives the board ammo to say 'we have a great squad and don't need to spend any money' which is pretty far from the truth. We need a new centre back, a new left back and a new right back at least. 

29 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Good young player, him and Bowen on either wing would have been a great combo for us. 

No way that Gold and Sullivan were ever gonna turn down £20m for a player that they paid nothing for though. 

The 4-0 win yesterday is a double edged sword, great result but I feel this just gives the board ammo to say 'we have a great squad and don't need to spend any money' which is pretty far from the truth. We need a new centre back, a new left back and a new right back at least. 

He looked good. To be fair to someone like Dan James, its soo much harder when you move to a club like United at his age - everything he does is scrutinsied and under the microscope. Young players like Diangana and Bowen can just quietly go about their business playing regularly with no expectations. There are pluses and minuses to both really- James would benefit from a loan to a smaller club. 

3 minutes ago, Roux said:

He looked good. To be fair to someone like Dan James, its soo much harder when you move to a club like United at his age - everything he does is scrutinsied and under the microscope. Young players like Diangana and Bowen can just quietly go about their business playing regularly with no expectations. There are pluses and minuses to both really- James would benefit from a loan to a smaller club. 

Or maybe James just isn't as good as Bowen or Diangana? I think it's probably more that than anything else.

Just now, ...Dan... said:

Or maybe James just isn't as good as Bowen or Diangana? I think it's probably more that than anything else.

Maybe - but the expectations are alot less for those players because of who they play for - no real pressure.

James has alotta good tools - like Rashford does - they both just need to learn how to consistently have end product.  

11 minutes ago, BoogieMan said:

Honestly if Ole can get you into the next round he’ll have earned my complete respect. 

I mean its not a great draw, but its not exactly impossible either. PSG are hit and miss in Europe - better team on paper for sure, other 2 are tricky but winnable - No Werner for Leipzig is a big loss for them.