Jump to content
 

The Official Football Topic


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 27.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Scott.

    7543

  • Roux

    5134

  • ...Dan...

    3269

  • ruaraidhlando45

    1961

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello all, with the new season's around Europe starting in a couple of weeks and the sad death of Sir Bobby Robson I thought it would be a good time to start a new topic. Obviously Real Madrid and

Ronaldo is ridiculous. Him and Messi are the best ever. Shove Maradonna up your arse

I know Bolton play negatively but jesus, I am sick of the Bolton fans moaning about Megson.  Give him a chance, he has stabilised your club.  Even if he is not the answer you respect that you will be

Posted Images

7 hours ago, prankerd14 said:

Man united go on a winning spree and the football chat goes dead and into a graveyard lol

Come on united lose!

i have no idea how we are pulling it off or how long it will continue. The team is on fire. 

My only wish now is that this Diallo kid who joins us in a few days is a beast on the RW - he looks unreal for an 18yo. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like frank could be on thin ice!

The premier league is so petty, arteta and ole both on the chopping block a few weeks ago, now both back to god status.. frank could do no wrong now hes being called to be sacked... 

How about when a season goes you cant sack a manager... that would be so much better, a manager transfer window ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Title race looks interesting this year. Liverpool can't stop drawing, Man United look in contention but Ole is a bit of a streaky manager and City now look like they're ready to put a bit of a run together. Can't see Spurs really competing and Chelsea are already out of it imo. Leicester while having a decent start will also fall short again for me.

Really happy with our start to the season, I think a lot of people tipped us for relegation (I for one thought we would be down there) but I think 3 more wins and we're safe and can start looking up. 

Coufal has been a great signing and Rice/Soucek will give any midfield in the league a game from the centre of the park. Just need to get Antonio back to full fitness and play him instead of Haller and we'll be much more of a threat going forward.

I'd like us to be more attacking sometimes against the weaker teams but I'll take the Moyes stability over the Pellegrini shit show for sure. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2021 at 1:42 PM, ...Dan... said:

Title race looks interesting this year. Liverpool can't stop drawing, Man United look in contention but Ole is a bit of a streaky manager and City now look like they're ready to put a bit of a run together. Can't see Spurs really competing and Chelsea are already out of it imo. Leicester while having a decent start will also fall short again for me.

Really happy with our start to the season, I think a lot of people tipped us for relegation (I for one thought we would be down there) but I think 3 more wins and we're safe and can start looking up. 

Coufal has been a great signing and Rice/Soucek will give any midfield in the league a game from the centre of the park. Just need to get Antonio back to full fitness and play him instead of Haller and we'll be much more of a threat going forward.

I'd like us to be more attacking sometimes against the weaker teams but I'll take the Moyes stability over the Pellegrini shit show for sure. 

Its great to see moyes doing well again after that shitshow of a few years after he left everton and picking the wrong jobs!..

What you think of him in general?

 

Dont rule out spurs just yet, they have had the toughest run so far, i think they had something stupid like... arsenal, chelsea, man city, Liverpool, Leicester, wolves in the space of 8 games..

Still got Liverpool, united and city in the next 5 weeks lol

Then they have a pretty nice run towards the end..

 

Im loving klopps little meltdown now tho after its not going his way now..

Moaning about united penalties is really reaching and shows hes frustrated lol

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, prankerd14 said:

Its great to see moyes doing well again after that shitshow of a few years after he left everton and picking the wrong jobs!..

What you think of him in general?

It's hard to say, it felt like a backwards step getting him back after sacking him to bring in Pellegrini to play a more expansive type of football which didn't work out at all and we're left with the very expensive legacy of that (Anderson & Haller for example)

One thing I will say about Moyes is that he's got his signings spot on.

Coufal
Soucek
Bowen 

All been big players for us since his arrival.

Sure it would be great to play more expansive football at times but we have played some decent stuff this season as well as picking up some very good points against the bigger sides. We'd be even higher up the league if we buried our chances more but there isn't much he can do about wasteful finishing. 

Overall I'm happy and would like him to have a new contract and more money to spend in the summer. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing is tho west ham are not at that level to be playing expansive football, you will always be in and around midtable, lookign towards a top half finish or looking over your shoulder at relegation on a bad run...

Until you get rid of your tight ass owners and bring in some ambition, moyes is perfect for what your owners want and to keep you in the league...

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2021 at 10:57 AM, prankerd14 said:

The thing is tho west ham are not at that level to be playing expansive football, you will always be in and around midtable, lookign towards a top half finish or looking over your shoulder at relegation on a bad run...

Until you get rid of your tight ass owners and bring in some ambition, moyes is perfect for what your owners want and to keep you in the league...

My thoughts exactly tbh, we just don't have the financial clout to bring in players who can play that way. The two players we did drop mega bucks on who do were pretty much flops, Anderson is on loan at Porto and can't even get in their match day squad and Haller left for half the price we paid for him.

It's no coincidence that the players we have signed that have worked recently are all hard working/honest players who give their all. 

I think Moyes has done great job, we were looking dead and buried when he took over last season and he kept us up with a few games left and this season we are looking up rather than down, would be very happy with a top half finish tbh - that would be incredible progress. 

If you told me we'd be on level points with Chelsea after 17 games I'd have not believed you...although think that says a bit more about them than us atm haha.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This season feels a bit like the old school Premier League where teams used to lose 5/6 games and win it with 75/80 points. 

I think if a team gets 80 points this year they will probably win it, although I have a feeling City are ready to go on one hell of a run. They are only 7 points off the top with 2 games in hand and a glorious run of fixtures in the coming weeks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If City get Aguero and Jesus scoring regularly - its over. 

Just going to enjoy being in the race right now for however long it lasts - United are more than capable of pulling it off. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not playing that great but grinding out wins, 7th half way through the season - don't think many predicted that. Would be very happy with a top half finish. Moyes is doing a pretty incredible job tbh, proved me wrong for sure. 

With Fabianski, Ogbonna/Dawson, Soucek/Rice and Antonio we have a really solid spine, just need to try and get the creative players to make things happen more.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Moyes doing hell of a job fair play 

big game tonight. Fulham have been decent lately and I think we’ll rest players for Liverpool weekend so could be a banana skin

Were you happy with a point on Sunday?

I suppose on paper its a good point but I really felt Liverpool were there for the taking and could have put a bit of distance between you and them going into the second half of the season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Point was great for us. Not sure what people wanted either team to do - open up to try to score and then concede and then face the backlash. 

Love watching United now - its not perfect, but its entertaining. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

That was a good win last night. Tight pitch and no room for the wide players really. Fulham were very dangerous, they were better than Liverpool tbh. 
 

our right hand side is a massive weakness. Ole wanted Sancho and the board didn’t deliver. They better deliver this summer. 
 

Still not sold on Bisakka, we need a RB. Would love Periera at Leicester, just coming back from injury and may find it hard shifting Castagne from RB who’s been excellent for them

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...