The Official Football Topic

Cuth

1 hour ago, Roux said:

First goal - seven players around Salah in the box and he still scores from an angle. Comical.

Second goal - very poor defending imo... from your own corner... they score in a matter of seconds. Comical

Third goal - almost a repeat of the first goal, players just standing and watching. 

I bet Moyes was raging at the first 2 in particular. That was the weakest team LFC have put out this season.

West Ham badly need a true striker imo. 

I guess we underestimated both our teams this season. 

Look, I get your annoyed because I suggested that Cavani should have scored one of those chances he had on Saturday but there is no need to be irrational. Could they have been defended better? yes, was it 'comical'? no, the first two were also great bits of play from Salah. Think you're really underestimating how good the counter attack for the second goal was, you're making it sound like Demba Ba's goal against you earlier this season - now that was comical!

Antonio might be raw and a bit unorthodox but he's very effective.

Since he moved up there permanently (post lockdown 1) he has scored 13 goals in 21 games - that's a better strike rate than your strikers and you're meant to be competing for the title. I want another striker because he gets injured a bit, but only as back up to him. 

1 hour ago, ...Dan... said:

Look, I get your annoyed because I suggested that Cavani should have scored one of those chances he had on Saturday but there is no need to be irrational. Could they have been defended better? yes, was it 'comical'? no, the first two were also great bits of play from Salah. Think you're really underestimating how good the counter attack for the second goal was, you're making it sound like Demba Ba's goal against you earlier this season - now that was comical!

Antonio might be raw and a bit unorthodox but he's very effective.

Since he moved up there permanently (post lockdown 1) he has scored 13 goals in 21 games - that's a better strike rate than your strikers and you're meant to be competing for the title. I want another striker because he gets injured a bit, but only as back up to him. 

Jesus, relax - has nothing to do with United whatsoever. 

There's no way Salah should be scoring that first goal with that many players around him - great play? nobody challenged him! they just let him have a free hit at goal. Might as well roll out the red carpet for him.

The second was 2 long balls to a striker clean through on goal with nobody near him! They completely switched off.

For me, both goals we absolutely comical - neither had any sort of challenge at all - zero. Obviously that's hit a nerve with you - but i'd be furious with conceding those (and United have before). 

Never said Antonio wasn't effective - (before you get rattled again) - but he's not a natural striker, that's very evident in the way he plays. En-Nesyri or Costa aren't going to sit on the bench if WH had bought them - that backs up what i'm saying. 

Fair play Southampton, they sure know how to take a tonking when they need to get beat. 

Felt Mike Dean could of let the Bednarek one go haha, poor sod. 

What the fuck was that 19 year old kid doing making a tackle like that on his full debut? I bet Hassenhuttl was absolutely fuming.

Not confident about tonight away at Villa, they deserved something against us when we beat them at home. Would bite your hand off for a point. 

What a performance, completely done a number on Grealish with Coufal and Fredericks doubling up on him which was credit to Moyes. Just defended really well and it was great to get back to winning ways after a bad day in the office against Liverpool.

Benrahma, Lingard and Antonio all linked up incredibly. Looks very promising.

That fact Moyes put 2 RB's on him just shows how good he is, and he still managed to assist a goal - i'm amazed he's still at Villa - the guy could play for any top team in the world. He's up there with Bruno and KDB for me, just doesn't have the same quality around him. 

Fucking seething with that, the worst thing is I knew it was fucking coming. I’ve never seen a more braindead side in my life, we cannot see a game out. 

Bissaka is so fucking poor, can’t attack and always plays the oppo onside. He needs replacing in the summer.

Lindelof and Maguire are a disaster together. Both of them turn like the fucking Titanic and have no pace. If Bailly was playing tonight we win that game comfortably, his injury record is a joke though so cannot rely on him ether.  CB is a huge problem for us. 

Dave is finished. I used to worship this man and now I despise him. Fucking pussy. Just fuck off

Yeah the bloke is an absolute tosser

Crazy result yesterday. Wtf was Allison doing? Remember when Liverpool were the best premier league side ever and compared with the great united teams 😂 fucking good times. 

Arnold has been completely found out this season, he is awful at defending but elite going forward but he has been nowhere as good, Robertson has maintained his level but Arnold had been shocking, I think Reece James is a better player than him and should start for England.

How good is foden btw? Unreal talent fuck me, I cannot believe his father is an United fan and let him grew up supporting City. What an absolute cunt. 

I mean Klopp did the exact thing with Dortmund - all that pressing burnt his teams out. They were walking yesterday - couldn't be arsed anymore. 

Allison was horrendous, him and De Gea have had shockers this season. 

VAR is an absolute mess.

Obviously the Van Dijk injury is huge and I do think they're missing Henderson's influence and workrate in the middle of the park.

I also think they need to freshen up their forward line as well, sure they've been great but they're all 30 this year and I think it might just need some younger legs in there (as well as some serious competition that will make them all sweat for their place, not Divock Origi)