The Official Football Topic

Cuth

Maguire has been shocking this season and so has Shaw, we did miss Shaw though when he went off though. Our full backs are fucking horrific. The Spanish lad in the u23s looks the bollocks though. Maguire and Varane need a bit of time together. Maguire was immense for England and we really missed him when he was injured end of last season but yes agree he’s been a fucking mess so far

6 hours ago, Scott. said:

Maguire has been shocking this season and so has Shaw, we did miss Shaw though when he went off though. Our full backs are fucking horrific. The Spanish lad in the u23s looks the bollocks though. Maguire and Varane need a bit of time together. Maguire was immense for England and we really missed him when he was injured end of last season but yes agree he’s been a fucking mess so far

Maguire seems like he plays a lot better for England, always think he looks pretty solid when playing international football (especially in tournaments)

I think Man United are at a bit of crossroads now, still need a couple of players but squad is of a very high level now but your manager isn't in the same league as your rivals.

Kind of reminds me of the Lampard situation, Chelsea had to bite the bullet to get rid of a club legend against a lot the fans wishes to get in a proper manager and they haven't looked back since.

I think you might need to do the same, Conte has to be a good option? I know he usually wants a lot of money money spend but that shouldn't be to much of an issue for you?

Also as controversial as it is, still not sure Ronaldo is the answer - he will get goals of course but I'm not sure that will offset the impact to the rest of the team as he expects everything to run through him. 

You think Bruno had Ronaldo breathing over his shoulder in his head when he skied that pen? I reckon so 100%

5 minutes ago, Scott. said:

The Bruno pen was odd. He never takes them like that. He hit that out of anger it was almost as if he tried to miss. It was really odd. Got fuck all to do with ronaldo. 

Neither of us can say for certain.

I just think he might have felt some pressure knowing that it he misses one that Ronaldo will be the one taking them moving forward and it got in his head.

Just a theory...

Another good win for us, nice to get a stoppage time winner after missing a penalty in stoppage time last week. 

It's really fucking fun being a West Ham fan at the minute, only time in recent memory that was this good was that season with Payet where he basically carried us.

This feels like much more of a team though with everyone pulling together and working hard which I think is even more satisfying. 

Antonio is one of the best strikers in the league on form over the past year or so, kind of glad he is getting on a bit and is slightly injury prone as it means we're almost certain to keep him. 

To me that graphic shows how good Ruben Neves is for a fraction of the price and playing in a weaker team. 

Gutted for Brighton would have loved to see them go top. 

I'm starting to think Bruno is a real problem for United - no for the missed penalty, but he forces things too much - just gives the ball away trying worldy passes. 

34 minutes ago, Roux said:

To me that graphic shows how good Ruben Neves is for a fraction of the price and playing in a weaker team. 

You always say this but if Neves is so good and was available for so cheap, why did no one buy him?

If Rice was available for the price that Neves was, then United/City/Chelsea and probably Liverpool would all be in for him. Only thing putting teams off was the price that we'd put on him. 

25 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

You always say this but if Neves is so good and was available for so cheap, why did no one buy him?

If Rice was available for the price that Neves was, then United/City/Chelsea and probably Liverpool would all be in for him. Only thing putting teams off was the price that we'd put on him. 

We would have if you bought Lingard!  we had no money left

Look - we all know you love this guy, but there are better or equally as good players out there. United had that kinda money - Neves, Bellingham/Ndidi would be far far better signing than Rice for the money. You're soo blinded by him that every other player is crap in your eyes - even your own stats show Neves is comparable to Rice! 

1 hour ago, Roux said:

We would have if you bought Lingard!  we had no money left

Look - we all know you love this guy, but there are better or equally as good players out there. United had that kinda money - Neves, Bellingham/Ndidi would be far far better signing than Rice for the money. You're soo blinded by him that every other player is crap in your eyes - even your own stats show Neves is comparable to Rice! 

He's our best player so of course I rate him, do you rate Man United's best players? he will leave next summer so I'm just enjoying him while we have him...

He isn't comparable in carrying balls into the final third as Rice is far more athletic and powerful - no way would Neves score a goal like Rice did in our game against Dinamo Zagreb, also Rice has 1 goal and 2 assists this season showing that he is adding more attacking contributions to his game from last season compared to 0 for Neves, he's also 2 years younger than Neves...only thing Neves has on Rice is his passing range and the occasional screamer. 

Not saying every other player is crap, I really rate Ndidi and Bellingham but think Neves is overrated. You seem to hold the pricetag that we have for Rice as a stick to beat him with, it isn't his fault that he would cost more than those players - he's a fantastic player now and is only going to get better, think even his harshest critics are now starting to see that now too. 

45 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

He's our best player so of course I rate him, do you rate Man United's best players? he will leave next summer so I'm just enjoying him while we have him...

He isn't comparable in carrying balls into the final third as Rice is far more athletic and powerful - no way would Neves score a goal like Rice did in our game against Dinamo Zagreb, also Rice has 1 goal and 2 assists this season showing that he is adding more attacking contributions to his game from last season compared to 0 for Neves, he's also 2 years younger than Neves...only thing Neves has on Rice is his passing range and the occasional screamer. 

Not saying every other player is crap, I really rate Ndidi and Bellingham but think Neves is overrated. You seem to hold the pricetag that we have for Rice as a stick to beat him with, it isn't his fault that he would cost more than those players - he's a fantastic player now and is only going to get better, think even his harshest critics are now starting to see that now too. 

McTominay has far more goals than Rice, with more variation in less games... - does that make him a better player? or course not. Neves has far more goals than both of them - so probably not wise to bring up assists or goals in this argument... 

Nobody really talks about Neves - so i don't see how he's overrated, i think you just see him score the odd banger, he's complete midfielder  imo. 

There's rating your own players and then there's the complete ignorance and discounting other players like Neves or Scott McTominay just because they don't fit your agenda. I watched the league game and McTominay was just better all around - far more dominant in midfield and moving the ball forwards, had things been the other way, we would never hear the end of it from you. Then you look at England over the summer and Phillips was much more impactful than Rice - he was superb. 

Its not the price tag - its just theres a million players just like him, some better some just as good. if I had 100m I'd get Bellingham, if I had 30m I'd get Neves.  - for some reason that's hard for you to accept. 

Verratti was unreal last night. City need a striker ASAP. They lacked a presence upfront last night. 

Liverpool are going good. Klopp is the best manager in the world by an absolute mile imo. Would have been perfect for United ffs. Woodward completely fucked that up by telling him  United is the Disneyland of football 🤦🏻

Watching that Liverpool v city game has depressed the fuck out of me. Wtf are we doing with Ole man. Of course we can’t compete with either of them we have a complete fucking novice as a manager it’s actually mental