Jump to content
 

The Official Football Topic


Cuth
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 12/4/2020 at 9:43 PM, ...Dan... said:

https://www.football365.com/news/donny-van-de-beek-world-class-manchester-united-everton

Donny Van De Klassen, the world is waking up to it. He will be at Everton or back at Ajax within a season or two.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11671/12426160/man-utds-donny-van-de-beek-everton-remain-interested-in-midfielder-after-summer-inquiry

It's gonna happen, I'm a fucking wizard.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Saudis are buying Newcastle then. Football is fucking minging isn’t it. Not that arsed though if it stops city and Liverpool cleaning because not a fucking chance the Glazers have any ambition of winning trophies as they’ve just rewarded mediocrity by offering the coaching staff all new contracts. Fucking hell. No big club on the planet puts up with 4 years without a trophy btw only United 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i'm just gonna see how the next 2 months pan out. We are not too far behind in the league - after some very bad results, but in these next 2 months we could out of the Champions League and fall out of title contention - in which case you have to start looking to replace him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I cannot believe how rich tha Saudis are 😂 the geordies must be losing their minds. The premier league will turn into the super league. I think we’re gonna leave the rest of Europe behind over the next 10 years. It’s become a play thing for billionaires. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/7/2021 at 12:20 PM, Scott. said:

I cannot believe how rich tha Saudis are 😂 the geordies must be losing their minds. The premier league will turn into the super league. I think we’re gonna leave the rest of Europe behind over the next 10 years. It’s become a play thing for billionaires. 

Newcastle win the Prem before Man United do again? what you think?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Newcastle win the Prem before Man United do again? what you think?

No. All that’s stopping us imo is a top manager. I fancy Klopp and Pep to leave in the next couple of years and it’s wide open again. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, ...Dan... said:

Who do you want to come in?

I have no idea anymore pal. I don’t even know who’s out there. The obvious choice is Conte but I’m not sure on him. Zidane is a big fucking no for me personally. Who else? Maybe the Ajax manager? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wales need something out of their home game against Belgium to qualify for World Cup. Drawing at home to Estonia has completely fucked us, a disgusting result and we deserve to miss out based on that. If we finish 3rd I think we go into the play offs because of that nations league shite. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This and the next year we might see Messi take it easy and coast a little, while Ronaldo pushes on towards breaking more records, scoring more goals - the guy is just relentless.

He will put himself clear.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On paper Ronnie will go down as the best ever but I do think Messi is the better player. Maradona is my GOAT though. 
 

Varane out for a few weeks, fucking unbelievable. Maguire still out too so we’re going into these run of tough games with Bailly, Lindelof and Jones. Christ almighty. We’re fucked. All because of a fucking friendly too. International football can get in the fucking bin. Fuck it off 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Messi is 100% the better overall player, his all around game is still superb and whereas Ronaldo has reinvented his game to be a fox in the box that offers little else which will obviously lead to more goals, Messi has dropped deeper to become more of a playmaker that still gets a hell of a lot more goals and assists than basically any other player.

Ignore the annoying tweet above but the video shows what he can and is still doing, not like Uruguay are mugs either... 

Messi is the best ever, Ronaldo second, Maradona third. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ronaldo will never be or has been a playmaker - but he's exceeded Messi in just abut every single stat there is probably barring assists. He has to be ahead right now. - especially as he had a much harder route with the teams he's played for including Portugal. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Roux said:

Ronaldo will never be or has been a playmaker - but he's exceeded Messi in just abut every single stat there is probably barring assists. He has to be ahead right now. - especially as he had a much harder route with the teams he's played for including Portugal. 

Football is more than stats but if you're looking at club goals, Ronaldo has just 7 more more Messi and has played 88 more games.

I'd rather have a player in my team who can do what Messi does than Ronaldo, especially the new Ronaldo - he is literally just a poacher these days.

Not sure what you mean by a harder route? Man United, Real Madrid and Juventus are hardly minnows and it's  not like Barca were incredible the whole time he was there yet he still kept performing despite the team getting worse and worse year on year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

Football is more than stats but if you're looking at club goals, Ronaldo has just 7 more more Messi and has played 88 more games.

I'd rather have a player in my team who can do what Messi does than Ronaldo, especially the new Ronaldo - he is literally just a poacher these days.

Not sure what you mean by a harder route? Man United, Real Madrid and Juventus are hardly minnows and it's  not like Barca were incredible the whole time he was there yet he still kept performing despite the team getting worse and worse year on year.

I'm looking at everything. I think the last few years Ronaldo has just taken a step above and on every level - stats, leadership, global brand, social media, trophies, records, club level, international level etc. He's not just a footballer.

Messi played in virtually the greatest club football side in history for most of his career - he was born into it, surrounded by world class players. The United side he joined couldn't even get past the first knock-stage of the UCL... Juve was never a force in Europe when he joined and not as dominant in their own league. He again joined United, who had not won anything for years and struggled to challenged in the league. Ronaldo took on challenges by leaving clubs in their peak where Messi just stayed in his comfort zone until he was forced out - the French league is already over after 9 games ha. So yes, he took the harder route.

He then dragged Portugal to major honours with a team that was nothing special compared to the quality Argentina had for years.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Roux said:

I'm looking at everything. I think the last few years Ronaldo has just taken a step above and on every level - stats, leadership, global brand, social media, trophies, records, club level, international level etc. He's not just a footballer.

Messi played in virtually the greatest club football side in history for most of his career - he was born into it, surrounded by world class players. The United side he joined couldn't even get past the first knock-stage of the UCL... Juve was never a force in Europe when he joined and not as dominant in their own league. He again joined United, who had not won anything for years and struggled to challenged in the league. Ronaldo took on challenges by leaving clubs in their peak where Messi just stayed in his comfort zone until he was forced out - the French league is already over after 9 games ha. So yes, he took the harder route.

He then dragged Portugal to major honours with a team that was nothing special compared to the quality Argentina had for years.  

Yes but that Man United side grew into a great side along with Ronaldo, he was surrounded by amazing players in his initial peak at Man United - it wasn't like it was just Ronaldo winning them games and trophies on his own. 

I think you're thinking too deeply with this, strip it all back - who is the better football player out of the two? who has the most natural ability? who is the most exciting to watch and keeps you on the edge of your seat?

I don't give a fuck about social media, global brand and sponsorships personally. 

Messi has won more trophies (and has also won the equivalent of the Euros with Argentina in the Copa America) he has more assists than Ronaldo in less games, Ronaldo beats him in goals but is 2 years older and Messi has a better goals to game ratio - I'm not much of a statto but even if you want to go down that route, Messi is still clear overall.  

Both great players, the best of all time - Messi just clear for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

Yes but that Man United side grew into a great side along with Ronaldo, he was surrounded by amazing players in his initial peak at Man United - it wasn't like it was just Ronaldo winning them games and trophies on his own. 

I think you're thinking too deeply with this, strip it all back - who is the better football player out of the two? who has the most natural ability? who is the most exciting to watch and keeps you on the edge of your seat?

I don't give a fuck about social media, global brand and sponsorships personally. 

Messi has won more trophies (and has also won the equivalent of the Euros with Argentina in the Copa America) he has more assists than Ronaldo in less games, Ronaldo beats him in goals but is 2 years older and Messi has a better goals to game ratio - I'm not much of a statto but even if you want to go down that route, Messi is still clear overall.  

Both great players, the best of all time - Messi just clear for me.

You answered your own point - United team grew into a great side, it didn't start as one - particularly in Europe and playing in the toughest league in the world. Messi was born into one - guaranteed a trophy every season because of the weak league - i mean even you joke about that league - he won the double in his first real season!  Now he's gone to the farmers league to do the same exact thing.

You saying Ronaldo doesn't have natural ability? lol okay...

Its a matter or opinion what kind of player you prefer - but right now, you only have to look at the last few weeks to see who has me on the edge of my seat - one guy has done very little and the other is scoring every match, last minute winners and carrying his national team and club team on his back - Ronaldo is the talk of the world right now. Didn't they name Ronaldo as player of the century over Messi for a reason? 

if you want to go by stats:

https://www.givemesport.com/1749114-cristiano-ronaldo-crowned-the-goat-ahead-of-messi-and-pele-by-mathematical-study

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Roux said:

You answered your own point - United team grew into a great side, it didn't start as one - particularly in Europe and playing in the toughest league in the world. Messi was born into one - guaranteed a trophy every season because of the weak league - i mean even you joke about that league - he won the double in his first real season!  Now he's gone to the farmers league to do the same exact thing.

You saying Ronaldo doesn't have natural ability? lol okay...

Its a matter or opinion what kind of player you prefer - but right now, you only have to look at the last few weeks to see who has me on the edge of my seat - one guy has done very little and the other is scoring every match, last minute winners and carrying his national team and club team on his back - Ronaldo is the talk of the world right now. Didn't they name Ronaldo as player of the century over Messi for a reason? 

if you want to go by stats:

https://www.givemesport.com/1749114-cristiano-ronaldo-crowned-the-goat-ahead-of-messi-and-pele-by-mathematical-study

I'm not saying Ronaldo doesn't have natural ability, Messi is just another level and is better technically - I struggle to see how anyone can say otherwise. 

Edge of your seat is debatable, basically all of Ronaldo's goals since rejoining Man United have been tap ins and goalkeeping errors. Sure you have to be in the right place at the right time but noone was ever on the edge of their seat watching Inzaghi which is basically what he is now. 

Messi turned it on against Man City in the CL and scored a great goal against top opposition when it really mattered.

Ronaldo isn't carrying Portugal either, their team is littered with talent - great players and cover in basically every position.

Either way, agree to disagree. Just wanted to state my opinion on the matter as per usual. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...